Striker to be cut - Implied off Rex statements

Virgil

Rex said that he has heart, but not the size needed for the NFL and that there are too many veterans ahead of him at his position.

Didn't officially list him as cut, but I think that's pretty damning.

Billsdaily has the comments on their Twitter feed

So we saw.

1. Rex Ryan says Eric Striker has limitations with size and speed: "It doesn't fit the NFL standard."

1 retweet1 like
    Retweet
    More
  2. Rex on Eric Striker: "I love the guy's heart. It's just unfortunate that there are good veterans ahead of him"

I think he will catch on somewhere. Maybe he turns into something in a couple of years. We have seen time and time again where "undersized" players end up being stars so I'm not accepting that as an excuse. Just need to play smarter and use your size to your advantage and be quicker than the big boys

I think he will catch on somewhere. Maybe he turns into something in a couple of years. We have seen time and time again where "undersized" players end up being stars so I'm not accepting that as an excuse. Just need to play smarter and use your size to your advantage and be quicker than the big boys

That's a fallacy. Yes, undersized guys can perform, but you only see the successful ones, not the many that don't make it through camp, college, etc

That's a fallacy. Yes, undersized guys can perform, but you only see the successful ones, not the many that don't make it through camp, college, etc

Good point.

Nobody should be surprised by Striker getting cut. The odds are against him. Great heart, but physically, he's Corey Moore without the 4.4 speed.

GO BILLS!!!

Like London Fletcher? He turned out ok .... ;-)

This would not suprise me....he has made NO plays in NFL pre season games

Love the attitude.....I was rooting for him.....but when you dont fit the height/weight/speed requirement you better be a player when you actually get into a pre season game.

The player to keep here is Albright.....who actually has made plays and has upside.

I hate this for all of the players. But the reality is he is an undersized, not particularly athletic, UDFA from a major program. If he is gone, I wish him the best.

I hate seeing player's dreams end.

Agreed, minus Jeff Tuel.

The only person I ever wanted cut was Jeff Tuel, because TBD wanted him to be the starting QB.