Would Manning come out of Retirement?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And this year, if he came back, he would be playing on a Super Bowl contender that has a uniquely supportive GM and a superb defense.

I'm not sure how uniquely supportive the GM would be this season. I think Manning is smart enough to stay retired.

And this year, if he came back, he would be playing on a Super Bowl contender that has a uniquely supportive GM and a superb defense.

Oh, wait, you're thinking he'd come back to Denver? I thought that ship done sailed. I don't think Elway is infinitely supportive.

No one wanted him....that's why he retired...his agent asked around and no on said yes...doubtful that's changed

Just curious for your source on this?

Manning seems a bit more in the "maybe I should give it one more try" arena than some others - he walked off with a win, but I get the feeling he wouldn't mind a call. If he was really done then he could have retired the moment he won the SB, he took his good old time which make me think he had interest in considering another run.

Im a big fan of Sheriff Peyton but, I do not want him to un-retire. His legacy is solid and theres no better way to retire than retiring on top after a Super Bowl victory. Also dont think he can do it at the high level he used to (last season showed that), so why would you wanna ruin your legacy and the perfect send off, when your already financially set? Makes no sense.

Oh, wait, you're thinking he'd come back to Denver? I thought that ship done sailed. I don't think Elway is infinitely supportive.

Just curious for your source on this?

I'll look but there were articles before he announced his retirement that his agent asked around. That's why he didn't announce his retirement immediately

Obviously all speculation.......

https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/peyton-manning-wants-to-keep-playing-but-teams-arent-interested-per-report

Edited by nucci

I agree with the poster that said he didn't like the way he went out. Players past their prime still have the urge to see if they can still perform at a high level. (See Farve) He doesn't have to prove anything but if a team thought he was better than their alternatives, (Dallas if Romo goes down, NY Jets if Fitz returns to form)it might be worth a shot. Heck maybe he'd like to backup his brother.