Would Manning come out of Retirement?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Vikings. Norv Turner offense, hand the ball off to AP. Great D. Super Bowl 3 for Peyton.

You know, that's not a totally crazy notion now that Bridgewater is out for the season. His judgement and wiliness could do a lot to keep D's honest and give AP room and Hill is a decent backup to give him a rest if he's dinged. That said I agree with:

Im a big fan of Sheriff Peyton but, I do not want him to un-retire. His legacy is solid and theres no better way to retire than retiring on top after a Super Bowl victory. Also dont think he can do it at the high level he used to (last season showed that), so why would you wanna ruin your legacy and the perfect send off, when your already financially set? Makes no sense.

I don't want to see an aging Payton, ashes of his former self, dragging around the field.

Edited by Hopeful

For giggles I checked up on Peyton's contract status. He's still technically contracted to the Broncos, so any comeback would require compensation to Denver

Unless he comes back with the Broncos. I never thought this could happen, but watching the ridiculously bad Broncos QB situation this preseason, I'm starting to change my mind.

Actually, right after the Super Bowl I was thinking Peyton would give it another go in a warm weather city or with a team with a dome. My best guess was the Rams in LA, or maybe Houston. But both those teams quickly went in a different direction. Bridge to Paxton Lynch, Mr. Manning?

Unless he comes back with the Broncos. I never thought this could happen, but watching the ridiculously bad Broncos QB situation this preseason, I'm starting to change my mind.

Actually, right after the Super Bowl I was thinking Peyton would give it another go in a warm weather city or with a team with a dome. My best guess was the Rams in LA, or maybe Houston. But both those teams quickly went in a different direction. Bridge to Paxton Lynch, Mr. Manning?

With no preseason prep, he would only embarrass himself further. He went out as a champion with nothing more to prove in Hall of Fame career.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

You know, that's not a totally crazy notion now that Bridgewater is out for the season. His judgement and wiliness could do a lot to keep D's honest and give AP room and Hill is a decent backup to give him a rest if he's dinged. That said I agree with:

I don't want to see an aging Payton, ashes of his former self, dragging around the field.

You didn't watch the playoffs last year?