Who Will The Bills Cut to Get to 75?

Nanker

You may be right. We will see. I understand why people are pulling for Striker, but I don't see the ability people are ascribing to him. I would rather see Albright on the PS than Striker.

There is a good argument for that for sure. 95% I would guess of the guys who just aren't big enough or physically talented enough for the NFL just never make it to the NFL. There is a good chance that Striker unfortunately fits that, however crazy it sounds that a guy who is 6'0" 220 has no place in the game that Darren Sprouls and Nickel Robey-Coleman play. But GMs and HCs are always looking for the guy with the heart and the "football player" skills that defy it.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rex says a lot of stuff. Often to motivate. Often to deflect. Often to protect. I could just as easily see him saying this because it's true as I could see him saying this to dissuade other teams from looking at him.

Could be why he was limited in getting plays in Washington. Less tape, the better for him to end up on our PS.

I do not think they have any interest in Striker for the PS. Too slow, too small, nothing to develop. Rex has already said as much. Loves his heart, not an NFL player.

I heard his comments a little differently. He said he doesn't fit the "NFL standard" but he has the "chance to play" (i.e. there is not "nothing to develop"); however, with veterans ahead of him, he never had a chance to make the team. That sounds like the definition of a PS player. That being said, I'd be more surprised if he winds up on the Bills PS than if he doesn't.

I still haven't had a chance to watch the Washington game (working out of town all week), so I was a little surprised to see Hawthorne cut this early. As I recall, he had a pretty good game week two.

I hope they do add Zimmer to the PS. I understand the cut, certainly. But, as athletically gifted as he apparently is, it would be worth seeing how he develops.

Glass is #3. Salas is #4. Powell probably #5. They may not keep a 6th.

this is how i see it too.

I think teams often cut guys they want to get on the PS during the first cuts. Guys like Zimmer and maybe Striker come to mind. Teams right now are scrambling to decide which of the remaining 75 are going to last to their 53. They only have four days to decide for the most part and don't have the time to give these guys a look at the expense of players that have been there. Then when the next wave comes, suddenly there are 20 more guys available from each team and everyone is scrambling to get a lot of them on their PS in a couple days. The earlier cut guys get lost in the sauce and often don't get signed, then sign with their original team.

Then again, a lot of these guys suck. ;)

I am taking this viewpoint under serious consideration. Never thought about the whys and wherefores of the cut down till this year. Thank you Dog for some enlightenment : )

Dang my boy Zimmer got cut, hopefully he sticks on the practice squad. Thought he did good in preseason minus the time at FB.

I'm hoping they put Zimmer, Striker, and Albright on PS.

I think teams often cut guys they want to get on the PS during the first cuts. Guys like Zimmer and maybe Striker come to mind. Teams right now are scrambling to decide which of the remaining 75 are going to last to their 53. They only have four days to decide for the most part and don't have the time to give these guys a look at the expense of players that have been there. Then when the next wave comes, suddenly there are 20 more guys available from each team and everyone is scrambling to get a lot of them on their PS in a couple days. The earlier cut guys get lost in the sauce and often don't get signed, then sign with their original team.

Then again, a lot of these guys suck. ;)

Is that a common occurrence for teams to pull from other teams cuts for their PS? It's not an area of the NFL I have ever paid much attention to, but it's seemed to me that PS players are usually cuts from the team they are on, in general.

I'm hoping they put Zimmer, Striker, and Albright on PS.

Is that a common occurrence for teams to pull from other teams cuts for their PS? It's not an area of the NFL I have ever paid much attention to, but it's seemed to me that PS players are usually cuts from the team they are on, in general.

I was talking about teams signing the players they cut themselves. But yes, it is rather common for teams to sign players for their PS who were cut by other teams. A lot of that is due to the GM and scouts and coaches liking a certain player from their draft notes who didn't end up taking that player for various reasons, or that their pro scouts like when reviewing other teams film. Most teams will sign a few of their own and a few off of other teams cuts.

No question in my mind that they'll keep 5 WRs, and that they'll be Watkins/Woods/Goodwin/Salas/Powell

Agree. Rex gave it away yesterday. He said basically they kept 6 last year cos two were core teams players, this year his core teams players are safeties. Extra safety one less receiver. Edited by GunnerBill

Not sure why they keep slipping on the broken glass every year and cutting themselves instead of Goodwin, I've been through with this guy two seasons ago, whose taking over under this guy hurt by week five. That spot could of went to a more deserving player I thought they wanted big receivers, Rex keeps saying Goodwin can take the top off the defense not sure how's that possible when he's in the training room.

I don't know how common, but it happens, yes. Several reasons:

1) One man's trash is another man's treasure. Guys who just didn't fit the scheme for one team, may fit better on a different team.

2) One man's ceiling is another man's floor. Pro personnel guys especially watch the cut-off bin of teams that are deep at a position they need.

3) Second time's charm. If a guy a team liked got drafted higher than they had him on their board, teams watch to see if he's cut. If he is, they may reprise the draft.

Wow, looks like half this draft class may not see the field this year. Ragland done, and Shaq and Mushmouth miss at least half the year. A very tough start for the Class of 2016. Hopefully Washington, JW, and Seymour can pick up the slack.

Mushmouth = LIstenbee? Why?

I don't know how common, but it happens, yes. Several reasons:

1) One man's trash is another man's treasure. Guys who just didn't fit the scheme for one team, may fit better on a different team.

2) One man's ceiling is another man's floor. Pro personnel guys especially watch the cut-off bin of teams that are deep at a position they need.

3) Second time's charm. If a guy a team liked got drafted higher than they had him on their board, teams watch to see if he's cut. If he is, they may reprise the draft.

Mushmouth = LIstenbee? Why?

John Murphy's interview with him.