Kaepernick and the National Anthem

Semper Fi brother

Semper Fi Marine!

Thank you also. Just believe that his right to do as his conviction dictates is what we served to protect and further I identify with his concerns to some degree. Best to you and yours, sir.

And same to you!!!

Ok. Understand that I am not mocking you or your service. I'm just curious.

I'm not understanding how that could be the case. You complain about false patriotism yet, would not serve under Trump. A very patriotic president who, if he's been lying about it, would be the owner of a very well played lie that has went on for years.

You mentioned him not serving or congress not serving as some kind of unit of measurement but fail to point in the direction on one of the most prolific presidents in history who would be prime candidate for "Most Falsly Patriotic President" award and also, never served in the military or had really done anything of substance for anyone or anything. I suppose a Nobel Prize is nice. A president who had surrounded himself with the very people who treated Vietnam as their own personal pulpit and vets as their scratching posts for anti-American sentiment which they've maintained for years.

But Obama used drones...a lot cleaner. Less messy. #patriot

If one has never served then you will never ever understand what this country and flag means to us. We have made huge sacrifices- all we expect in return is for people to show a little respect and class. Kap is a POS I will never chang my viewpoint on that.

i hate this argument. i never served but i can appreciate this flag of our country as much as anyone. serving in the military does not increase nor diminish ones respect for this country and patriotism.

I served and would refuse to serve again under this commander in chief. Maybe he should serve and how about this...how many of these flag waving congressmen have served or their kids. This bs that everyone who "serves" is a hero? That's a discredit to real heroes. I served during Vietnam, I'm not a hero and my service has nothing to do with my right to speak out but defends the rights for all to do so. Phoney patriotism that's nothing but flag waving is just bs.

you're a kitty is all. you served but now because of trump you're afraid. that's all it is.

My reference to politicians and their family members not "serving" was not meant to point to anyone in particular but a general comment. My problem with Trump is he lies even beyond what we've now accepted as normal political lies. Further he doesn't express my personal views of what our country's ideals have been previously been promoted. While I don't necessarily agree with all the positions taken by our previous two presidents I do believe them to be good men and well meaning. Trump I feel neither about. This is my opinion and all are free to have their own.

trump would have absolutely as much to do with your service as obama, bush, clinton, etc...

the bottom line is simple - the military is gonna military.

• 2 weeks later...

Colin Kaepernick update: some teams ‘genuinely hate him:’

If only the NFL had a commissioner who hadn’t tacitly approved of that clown show, he could have saved Kaepernick from himself.

Yesterday, a few sports writer were posting an article about Kaep helping secure an airplane to take supplies to Somalia.

If it was just "What a nice thing he did," I'd get it. But it more along the lines of "How can you people be down on this guy?"

I'll never understand the lazy thinking that says "This guy is a douchebag, but he did something nice, so he's not longer a douchebag." I mean, I get it with the sports writers because they all typically agree with whatt Kaep did. Hell, Timmah Graham compared him to Ali.

But overall, I like to think people are smarter than your average sports writer and see through the PR stunt, regardless of whether it does good.

Edited by LABillzFan

Yesterday, a few sports writer were posting an article about Kaep helping secure an airplane to take supplies to Somalia.

If it was just "What a nice thing he did," I'd get it. But it more along the lines of "How can you people be down on this guy?"

I'll never understand the lazy thinking that says "This guy is a douchebag, but he did something nice, so he's not longer a douchebag." I mean, I get it with the sports writers because they all typically agree with whatt Kaep did. Hell, Timmah Graham compared him to Ali.

But overall, I like to think people are smarter than your average sports writer and see through the PR stunt, regardless of whether it does good.

I've been reading about this too, but there's very little detail other than he's working in association with Ben Stiller and a few others, that they set up a Go Fund Me page, and that they've talked Turkish Airlines into making the delivery. It's great that they want to help, but the first thing that came to mind was won't the warlords just take everything once it's been delivered?

Again, I don't want to rip on anyone who tries to help the needy, but on the surface this looks like it will accomplish a lot more in repairing a reputation than it will in providing substantive help for Somalis.

Kaepernick has been doing "nice things" for a very long time. This isn't the first charitable thing he's done...

Kaepernick has been doing "nice things" for a very long time. This isn't the first charitable thing he's done...

you know who else did nice things for someone despite being an !@#$? fidel castro, kaepernicks idol.

If only the NFL had a commissioner who hadn’t tacitly approved of that clown show, he could have saved Kaepernick from himself.

Of course, Kaepernick won't stand for the anthem, it's whitey's fault for being racist. Kaepernick can't get a job because he pissed off too many people, it's whitey's fault for not protecting him from himself.

This is the point where the looney left completely abandons their "freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences" mantra, isn't it?

Of course, Kaepernick won't stand for the anthem, it's whitey's fault for being racist. Kaepernick can't get a job because he pissed off too many people, it's whitey's fault for not protecting him from himself.

This is the point where the looney left completely abandons their "freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences" mantra, isn't it?

I thought it was whitey's fault for not realizing Kaepernick was right to show us we are all racist and need to apologize for and feel bad forever for being bad whitey.

Kinda like how we should have all voted for Hillary because only bad, racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic people voted for anyone else.

nah, he's a pr nightmare for bigots. funny, silent protest equals hatred for america, and freedom, but rapists, abusers and drug addicts = SIGN 'EM, please, go make love to your confederate flag.

Kap Helps Acquire Place to Deliver Food to Somalia

hey princess, please share your super special thoughts here.

please go cry in a corner with your president being trump, your ignorance being full, and your hatred of free speech being ironically beautiful.

Edited by Boyst62

• 2 months later...

Career over

Vick reentered the league after betting on dogs fighting to the death. Peterson reentered the league after beating his son with a tree branch. If a team gets desparate for a backup qb either because of injuries or bad play in the preseason, he'll get a call.

Vick reentered the league after betting on dogs fighting to the death. Peterson reentered the league after beating his son with a tree branch. If a team gets desparate for a backup qb either because of injuries or bad play in the preseason, he'll get a call.

Agree that if somebody gets desperate enough CK will get a call.

However the Vick and Peterson comparisons are little off as both were All Pro caliber players at the time of their disgrace whereas CK was a backup / midseason replacement on the NFL's second worst team

Agree that if somebody gets desperate enough CK will get a call.

However the Vick and Peterson comparisons are little off as both were All Pro caliber players at the time of their disgrace whereas CK was a backup / midseason replacement on the NFL's second worst team

That's a good point. My only counter to that is that he thrived under Jim Harbaugh (who recently endorsed Kaepernick) before the last two 49ers seasons with two new OC's. Put this guy in the right system and he could thrive. I look at his stats from last year and he has a 90.7% passing rating on a team that sucked. I still think he gets signed by somebody before the season, but continuing saying stupid $hit like that doesn't help his case.

That's a good point. My only counter to that is that he thrived under Jim Harbaugh (who recently endorsed Kaepernick) before the last two 49ers seasons with two new OC's. Put this guy in the right system and he could thrive. I look at his stats from last year and he has a 90.7% passing rating on a team that sucked. I still think he gets signed by somebody before the season, but continuing saying stupid **** like that doesn't help his case.

harbaugh has to endorse him. As a coach of a super snowflake disgusting and terrible whilst also vile and despicable school its a way for him to bond with the terrible deplorables Ann arbor.

!@#$ ttun

Edit. How long before someone starts a thread on this today on tsw?

Edited by Boyst62