169 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want to trade for him?

• Yes - He is super talented and cheap
    • No - We already have too many knuckleheads

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They sure would be. If he'd never been in trouble Gordon would be worth in excess of two first round picks. That doesn't get discounted to a conditional late round pick because he's on his last strike. I can see a team not wanting to give up a lot for him, but no way do the Browns give him away for nothing. They'd be way better off rolling the dice on the 2013 receiving leader. The Browns have been contacted by teams inquiring about Gordon, but don't seem inclined to trade him away. There's been nothing of substance there.

The Browns are a team to watch for WRs though. They invested heavily in the position in the draft, got Gordon back and are watching Pryor emerge. They're going to cut lose some talent. Keep an eye on Hawkins. He'd be a nice slot WR.

One thing you should learn is you don't want people from the Browns.

My answer is the same as this winter.

Absolutely.

Winning in the NFL is about matchups and the best deep ball passer in the league in Tyrod......plus a young WR who had an absolutely HISTORIC season catching the deep ball has the potential for immense impact.

He's high bust rate but investment-wise he'd be a low risk and huge reward.

I've always believed that getting out of 7-9 win rut the Bills have been in for most of a decade was most likely to happen by sheer force of talent.

The Bills of the late 80's didn't get over the Dolphin hump until they were FAR more talented and dynamic than Miami.

If you want something a champion has you usually have to TAKE it.

Right--the point here is that the upside is high enough that it's worth looking into.

You're not getting Gordon for some late round pick. All the reasons that you want him are the reasons the Browns will keep him. It seems people who want to trade for him think you can get him for some mid round pick. Yeah, not happening. The price likely starts at a 1st for one year of the guy.

There is absolutely no chance that the Browns are getting a 1st round pick for a guy that (a) hasn't played football since 12/21/14, (b) missed 11 games in his last season in the league, and © is one mistake from an indefinite ban.

Not happening.

ESPN is saying that multiple teams have contacted the Browns trying to trade for Josh Gordon. Would you want the Bills to do that (assuming a reasonable cost)?

For me it is a yes despite his spotty track record. He is extremely talented and plays a position of need. I do not think that Woods is a #2 receiver and he is a FA after this year. I'd role the dice for a 4th or later.

Uh, this IMO would be a NO BRAINER! I would absolutely trade for the kid assuming the ask wasn't ridiculous. He's young, explosive, and reportedly hasn't missed a beat.

However, the issue is that just because teams are calling doesn't mean the Browns are listening to offers. At this point, the Browns have very little to lose as they have waited this long on the kid and put a lot of time and effort in getting him back on track. The organization also feels strongly about Hue coaching him and could be the key to really getting him straight. So I seriously doubt they really entertain trading the kid unless they suspect he's still struggling off the field, and if that were the case, then trading for him would be a lot riskier anyway.

The same reason that you cut Karlos and kept Marcell. There is a point where the talent is worth the headache. Marcell is worth the headache still while Karlos is not. Gordon led the league in receiving at like 22 with terrible QB play. He's a moron but with top end talent.

Gordon's top-end talent is trumped by his rear-end decision-making. Four suspensions including college? How many chances do you give a guy who doesn't want to learn? His elite playmaking ability is irrelevant if he's not on the field.

Edited by Felonious Monk

Gordon's top-end talent is trumped by his rear-end decision-making. Four suspensions including college? How many chances do you give a guy who doesn't want to learn? His elite playmaking ability is irrelevant if he's not on the field.

That's why the question has been raised. At what point is it too much? It seems like he's crossed the threshold for about half of the board and the other half would extend the chance. It's a tough decision IMO.

Right--the point here is that the upside is high enough that it's worth looking into.

There is absolutely no chance that the Browns are getting a 1st round pick for a guy that (a) hasn't played football since 12/21/14, (b) missed 11 games in his last season in the league, and © is one mistake from an indefinite ban.

Not happening.

Exactly, the reason he'll be cheap. If you offer a 1st or 2nd rounder that's a huge loss for you if he does get banned. IF not then great, but who knows?

I say the max you can trade is a 4th rounder, draft pick wise.

After waiting all this time, Cleveland would be dumb to trade him for anything less than a conditional 3rd.

He's an amazing talent but he has had issues since college. Very similar to Karlos Williams. Eventually, you stop giving 5th chances to guys.

Personally, I don't want him. I don't think we will throw enough anyways and it's just another potbetial headache. He could be a terrible influence on other players. Odds are, he will be hanging out with Justin Blackmon soon.

I voted no, but would consider it under circumstances that Cleveland likely would not. First a draft pick is conditional on a number of fronts. A 3rd rounder next year that becomes a 7th if he becomes suspended during the season for the same stupid behavior that got him there before. If he gets suspended any time next season, we take back a pick from the Browns. 100% of his compensation would have to be predicated on not being in violation again. Break the rules and you get paid for time served only. Outside of all of the other potential issues he could cause for the team, those would be my conditions. There's no way the Browns agree to these terms though. They're looking for value if they're even looking for anything.