Dak Prescott

YoloinOhio

Haha, the JP Losman effect.

Again, let's see some of these guys in meaningful games. I loved to see the archives of past Qbs the board has fallen in love with in preseason that never panned out.

Cook was way more accomplished than JP Losman in college. I'm not basing my opinion on the pre-season, but he has looked pretty good, just as I expected him to.

We shall see if he can be a leader, but to just declare "guy is not a leader" so assuredly from where we sit, is foolishness. He has had plenty of success, "leader" or not, and I expect that to continue. But keep the opinions to the contrary coming, it will give me at least a fraction of happiness when he turns out to be a star, to counter the frustration of the Bills not going after him in the draft.

Edited by HoF Watkins

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cook was way more accomplished than JP Losman in college. I'm not basing my opinion on the pre-season, but he has looked pretty good, just as I expected him to.

We shall see if he can be a leader, but to just declare "guy is not a leader" so assuredly from where we sit, is foolishness. He has had plenty of success, "leader" or not, and I expect that to continue.

Huh? He's 13/20 for 172 yards, 0 TD's and 1 INT against scrubs so far in pre-season.

Looks unbelievable so far. "Just preseason" or is he the real deal?

Dak Prescott's preseason: 6 TDs, 5 incompletions.

passer rating in 1st two preseason games:

154.5 & 158.3 (perfect) w/ 4 TD passes & 2 TD runs.

Stats don't show a pretty terrible pick that was wiped out by a roughing-the-passer.

Edited by Ralonzo

The Cowboys have a great line and likely a good running game. But teams are going to force Dak to beat them with his arm. I expect a fair to good amount of highlight reel plays and a giant crash to earth. There is just an enormous difference to the speed of the game and game planning and disguising coverages. Plus their defense will likely suck. I like Dak. He's going to get killed.

The Cowboys have a great line and likely a good running game. But teams are going to force Dak to beat them with his arm. I expect a fair to good amount of highlight reel plays and a giant crash to earth. There is just an enormous difference to the speed of the game and game planning and disguising coverages. Plus their defense will likely suck. I like Dak. He's going to get killed.

Agree. I like him a lot based on what I've seen. But unless the Cowboys turn into a ground and pound, in other words go forward with a pretty limited playbook, Dak's gonna turn it over. A lot. JMO.

Remember teams don't gameplan against you. During the season they gather more and more tape and make specific Defensive strategies against you.

True. However, game planning against a guy like Prescott can be difficult given that he has shown to be an adept passer, as well as, a pretty solid runner. Similar to game planning for Russell Wilson (not saying DP is RW obviously but similar).

Maybe I'm a little delusional because I just picked up Dak for my FF team...lol.

The Cowboys have a great line and likely a good running game. But teams are going to force Dak to beat them with his arm. I expect a fair to good amount of highlight reel plays and a giant crash to earth. There is just an enormous difference to the speed of the game and game planning and disguising coverages. Plus their defense will likely suck. I like Dak.

He's going to get killed.

We shall see.

Jerry Jones is citing the Bledsoe-Br*dy change as possible result of this ....

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/cowboys-exec-opens-door-for-dak-prescott-to-pull-a-tom-brady-on-tony-romo-082916

“I can’t imagine a scenario where Tony’s not our quarterback when he’s ready,” Jones said via the MMQB. “But things happen. You know that. You know what happened to Bledsoe and Brady. I’m sure Tony’s aware of that. But the reality is, Tony’s going to come back for us and play great, we believe.”

Despite his words on reality I think he is hoping more for a Br*dy-like situation to occur.