Will EJ last the season?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, gimmick QB that has been figured out. Its Douggie Flutie all over again.

So, we'll go 11-5 and possibly have a playoff run (i have no doubt flutie would have beat tennessee - they were very beatable that day if our qb hadn't spent the first half getting sacked)?

That Jax game says otherwise.

id encourage you to watch some more around the league when starters go out. and not just the highlight reels of a guys best game or two.

there are only about 20 guys in the nfl you want to take snaps on sunday, so it should be no surprise when #45 in the league has issues.

That's some keen insight.

I will try to match it: Some things are different from others.

Listen, at the end of the day, EJ doesn't have it. I don't trust EJ. He's turned into a quiviering pile of goo on multiple occasions. I'd rather start Tebow.

And you're ready to trust EJ after Jacksonville?

It's a wash, but no one is trading for EJ.

Look, I'm not an active EJ defender at this point, and not sure that I trust him overall, but why does he get zero credit for gaining composure after his complete mental/skills breakdown, and getting it together and coming back from a 28-3 deficit to win the game (if it weren't for one of the worst phantom PI calls I've ever witnessed).

Look, I'm not an active EJ defender at this point, and not sure that I trust him overall, but why does he get zero credit for gaining composure after his complete mental/skills breakdown, and getting it together and coming back from a 28-3 deficit to win the game (if it weren't for one of the worst phantom PI calls I've ever witnessed).

don't worry what a couple of fans may think of that performance, I bet you the coaches appreciated that the offense and EJ came back to put the team in position to win the game.

I'll play the part of whomever is going to reply to this that doesn't want ej on the team and assume the answer will be "here's the one that Put them in that position by throwing 3 picks" or something to that affect.

id encourage you to watch some more around the league when starters go out. and not just the highlight reels of a guys best game or two.

there are only about 20 guys in the nfl you want to take snaps on sunday, so it should be no surprise when #45 in the league has issues.

Nah. That wouldn't fit the narrative he's been pushing with EJ for the last couple years.. Your backup QB is supposed to be better than your starter, didn't you know that.. EJ's not great but he looks calmer than I ever remember seeing him. If Tyrod got hurt and they put Cardale in too soon it could hurt he's development, save him for next year. There's no rush to get him on the field.

Listen, at the end of the day, EJ doesn't have it. I don't trust EJ. He's turned into a quiviering pile of goo on multiple occasions. I'd rather start Tebow.

Man you just love to type things to get people going. My bet is you don't believe 50% of what you type. If you do that's scary. :wallbash:

Maybe not now, but quite possible (or even likely) by the end of the year.

Which has exactly zero to do with this ill thought out thread.

Exactly. Why?

childlike

Unfortunately we keep feeding him by responding and adding replies to his thread. I picture him sitting in his bedroom giggling as the responses continue to come in.

I don't understand these threads...EJ played very competent football last night and folks should be happy about the overall QB situation from top to bottom rather than looking to get rid of EJ. He may be needed at some point this season and I see some results of being in the same system for the 2nd year now. He put the ball in good spots all game last night.

Only reason to cut EJ at this point is to free up cap space for contract renegotiations/extensions.

EJ already knows the system and is less of an unknown quantity than some street Free Agent

And there are no trade suitors

His contract is guaranteed. Doesn't free up cap space. Would be 2.8 dead cap hit.