Will EJ last the season?

Guess you forgot this game which doesnt exactly fit your wording but those 5 Romo interceptions still didnt stop the COwboys from winning.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2015/12/24/tbt-despite-romo%E2%80%99s-turnovers-last-buffalo-trip-among-garrett%E2%80%99s-favorites

Good post and a nice reminder. Nobody remembers how bad Romo sucked that game, only that the Bills gagged it away. Same with EJ and Jax if we can stop Blake F'ing Bortles.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fine and I think no one is denying thatEJ put the Bills in a big hole against Jax. But to say that CJones is more ready to be a backup than EJ is just not logical. That is the premise of this thread. Dont use your EJ dislike to shift the goal posts

Heck Cardale could go 0-2 just like EJ did. So yeah I think he is ready to be TT backup.

Yes. Almost for sure. Finally the Bills have a decent QB situation: A clear starter who may be a franchise guy. A clear backup who doesn't make waves who has some experience in the NFL. And a clear developmental project who is 1-2 years away but has terrific potential. Cardale would get killed against real NFL defenses in real NFL games right now and he played great tonight.

I couldn't agree more. I'll never get the EJ hate here, he didn't ask to be drafted here, have rubber mat wipe out his mentor when he was supposed to be sitting and learning (much ironically what they are trying to do with Cardale) and have a useless coach who didn't have a clue. Then when he became backup he zipped it and did his job, no mouthing off to the press. He'll be gone after the season and catch on with someone else and I wish him well. For God's sake a lot of people here act like he ran over their dog.

OMG, this is the worst thing about Preseason. A guy plays well, against 3rd and 4th stringers, in a vanilla pre-season game and they are supposed to be better than the guy in front of them (because fans don't like the guy in front of them.) Did the OP think about WHY Jones is in the game against the 3rd and 4th stringers and not playing with the 2's? Jones must not be showing up consistently in practice better than they guy in front of him.

Fine and I think no one is denying thatEJ put the Bills in a big hole against Jax. But to say that CJones is more ready to be a backup than EJ is just not logical. That is the premise of this thread. Dont use your EJ dislike to shift the goal posts

I'm not shifting the goalpost. EJ being a horrific backup is the premise for making Cardale the backup.

I couldn't agree more. I'll never get the EJ hate here, he didn't ask to be drafted here, have rubber mat wipe out his mentor when he was supposed to be sitting and learning (much ironically what they are trying to do with Cardale) and have a useless coach who didn't have a clue. Then when he became backup he zipped it and did his job, no mouthing off to the press. He'll be gone after the season and catch on with someone else and I wish him well. For God's sake a lot of people here act like he ran over their dog.

Thad Lewis didn't ask to play QB here either and we don't see nearly the same amount of sobbing and well-wishing and "he's a great guy who works hard," posts. It's not EJ hate. It's a player who sucks, who everyone knows sucks. Period. EJ isn't special. He's hardly the first QB to fail in the Buffalo. He isn't the first QB to get an arguable bad shake.

Time to let him go in your heart, or you'll never be alright.

Edited by FireChan

I'm not shifting the goalpost. EJ being a horrific backup is the premise for making Cardale the backup.

Thad Lewis didn't ask to play QB here either and we don't see nearly the same amount of sobbing and well-wishing and "he's a great guy who works hard," posts. It's not EJ hate. It's a player who sucks, who everyone knows sucks. Period. EJ isn't special. He's hardly the first QB to fail in the Buffalo. He isn't the first QB to get an arguable bad shake.

Time to let him go in your heart, or you'll never be alright.

Says the Matt Cassel fan.

Tebow won more games in 1 year than EeeeeeeJ has in his career. Including a playoff win.

Tebow has lost more jobs as a viable NFL QB at any spot on an NFL roster in one year that eeeeeej has in his career too.

So they both aren't great, but Tebow wouldn't even beat out Cardale. Chill man, EJ will be someone else's back up next year

Cardale was erratic but he was making some amazing throws. He definitely has the strongest arm of all three QBs. Sometimes he looked like he was throwing darts.

Couldn't be less true:

"But the player of the day was Cardale Jones. According to Pro Football Focus, he was 7/8 over the middle for 98 yards and 1 TD (fans will love that). He looked poised in the pocket, threw the ball away when he needed to, showed versatility in this throws too. He took some velocity off of it when he needed, but also had throws that needed some zing to it. Jones showed good decision making when he needed to leave the pocket and extend the play, which Roman loves. Overall he had good ball speed and placement. Jones even got to run the hurry up offense, driving the Bills down for a touchdown. Besides a few fundamental lapses such as throwing off his back foot or throwing without having his feet set he played as good as a rookie could have"

(from the Cardale thread)

Couldn't be less true:

"But the player of the day was Cardale Jones. According to Pro Football Focus, he was 7/8 over the middle for 98 yards and 1 TD (fans will love that). He looked poised in the pocket, threw the ball away when he needed to, showed versatility in this throws too. He took some velocity off of it when he needed, but also had throws that needed some zing to it. Jones showed good decision making when he needed to leave the pocket and extend the play, which Roman loves. Overall he had good ball speed and placement. Jones even got to run the hurry up offense, driving the Bills down for a touchdown. Besides a few fundamental lapses such as throwing off his back foot or throwing without having his feet set he played as good as a rookie could have"

(from the Cardale thread)

11/21 isn't a model of consistency. Both statement are true. Jones was erratic but did play well for his first game.