Preseason Game #1- Colts

It's the entire season -- the Game Pass package. Previously they offered two packages -- one for preseason only and Game Pass. Now they took away the preseason only option.

Yeah, if I could avoid Sunday spoilers, I'd do Game Pass and just watch the games the next day... but... I can't because... well life is the internet haha

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just trying to figure out how to watch Preseason games at an affordable price... really hate that the NFL moved Preaseason games to a $100 package, instead of a $20 package or whatever it used to be.

NFL Network will rebroadcast all the games. Someone posted a thread with the schedule. If thats an option for u.

@ChrisBrownBills

Rex- for Sat. Game - possible Glenn and Incognito miss. Looking to get the starters about a quarter. 2's to go til 3rd qtr. #Bills

Not gonna be many starters to begin with. No Shady, Sammy, Ritchie, or Cordy on the offense at least. Bush isn't even playing. Haven't heard anything on Clay. Of course I'm ok with this, but a lot of the opening day starters will be in street clothes.

Not gonna be many starters to begin with. No Shady, Sammy, Ritchie, or Cordy on the offense at least. Bush isn't even playing. Haven't heard anything on Clay. Of course I'm ok with this, but a lot of the opening day starters will be in street clothes.

Add Aaron Williams to that list.

I'm looking forward to all the people who dont understand vanilla football and think the Bills will end up 3-13 based on what happens over the next 4 weeks.

Those people are always fun to argue with.

NO WE'RE NOT!!!

I always look forward to seeing our top new draft picks in these games, but don't worry about the outcome. So.....now I'll look to see Tyrod move the ball around a little, and be disappointed with vanilla there too. Who cares, nothing counts yet. This is an evil tease! But I'll be watching and the time will come. The years go by faster and faster, but the off seasons seem longer and longer.

So I thought I'd post what I will be watching for tomorrow night:

1. The WR battle. This has been a theme all the way through the off-season, especially since Hogan departed to the Patriots. There is no established #3 behind Sammy and Robert Woods and Sammy will be down against the Colts so the clutch of guys who have been battling get the chance to put something on game tape. In particular I am interested to see if Greg Little who had an impressive first week of camp with some circus catches and an apparent understanding of the offense can transfer that onto the field. Similarly the reports seem to indicate that week 2 of camp has been the week of the Flash. It is now or never for Marquise Goodwin and he will get some opportunities to stake his claim. What I really will be keeping a close eye on is where the various receivers are lining up. Do they see Goodwin outside running go routes and hitches in the way they were trying to use Harvin last year? Or do they see that speed and quickness as an option in the slot? Equally where does Woods play? I suspect Saturday won't be conclusive on his role but it may give us clues as to how Roman wants to utilise him in this offense. What about Leonard Hankerson who I think came into this as a leader in the clubhouse in the eyes of many Bills fans but has not stood out to the camp watchers at all so far. He might be the receiver in the greatest need of a performance on Saturday night.

2. The use of Jim Dray. I don't think anyone will ever forget the moment in pre-season last year when the Bills threw the ball to Matthew Mulligan. Either time stood still or Mulligan did but the 2 seconds that followed before he was tackled felt like an eternity. Roman wants to have a blocking TE, he has history with Dray, I want to see what packages he is used in and how they ask him to block. When he is in as just a blocker, who is off the field?

3. Kouandjio. Put quite simply it is now or never. I didn't think he was terrible in the actual game time he got last year which was a step forward from the first pre-season games his rookie year. There is a swing tackle job to be won and if Koundjio cannot win it against err... basically nobody.... then the Bills will be scouring the list of tackles cut from other rosters in 3 weeks time.

4. Safety. Looks like Aaron Williams is out and his propensity for taking hits to the head / neck area is now becoming majorly concerning. My initial instinct was that one of the 4 safety jobs would go to Colt Anderson for his teams ability but if Aaron's health is in doubt then I suspect the final job after him, Graham and Blanton will go to whoever plays the safety position the best. Rex has raved about the progression of Jonathan Meeks all off-season.... he is another in now or never territory. Duke Williams is now behind the 8 ball and needs to show up and play to avoid being cut.

5. Adolphus. He is the last man standing from the first two days of our draft. Despite that I'd like to see him rotate in some even when the twos come onto the field and Kyle and Marcel have their feet up. I want to see him in and allowed to get after the Quarterback let him beat some guys, even if they are NFL scrub guys I think it will do his confidence the world of good.

Edited by GunnerBill

So I thought I'd post what I will be watching for tomorrow night:

1. The WR battle. This has been a theme all the way through the off-season, especially since Hogan departed to the Patriots. There is no established #3 behind Sammy and Robert Woods and Sammy will be down against the Colts so the clutch of guys who have been battling get the chance to put something on game tape. In particular I am interested to see if Greg Little who had an impressive first week of camp with some circus catches and an apparent understanding of the offense can transfer that onto the field. Similarly the reports seem to indicate that week 2 of camp has been the week of the Flash. It is now or never for Marquise Goodwin and he will get some opportunities to stake his claim. What I really will be keeping a close eye on is where the various receivers are lining up. Do they see Goodwin outside running go routes and hitches in the way they were trying to use Harvin last year? Or do they see that speed and quickness as an option in the slot? Equally where does Woods play? I suspect Saturday won't be conclusive on his role but it may give us clues as to how Roman wants to utilise him in this offense. What about Leonard Hankerson who I think came into this as a leader in the clubhouse in the eyes of many Bills fans but has not stood out to the camp watchers at all so far. He might be the receiver in the greatest need of a performance on Saturday night.

2. The use of Jim Dray. I don't think anyone will ever forget the moment in pre-season last year when the Bills threw the ball to Matthew Mulligan. Either time stood still or Mulligan did but the 2 seconds that followed before he was tackled felt like an eternity. Roman wants to have a blocking TE, he has history with Dray, I want to see what packages he is used in and how they ask him to block. When he is in as just a blocker, who is off the field?

3. Kouandjio. Put quite simply it is now or never. I didn't think he was terrible in the actual game time he got last year which was a step forward from the first pre-season games his rookie year. There is a swing tackle job to be won and if Koundjio cannot win it against err... basically nobody.... then the Bills will be scouring the list of tackles cut from other rosters in 3 weeks time.

4. Safety. Looks like Aaron Williams is out and his propensity for taking hits to the head / neck area is now becoming majorly concerning. My initial instinct was that one of the 4 safety jobs would go to Colt Anderson for his teams ability but if Aaron's health is in doubt then I suspect the final job after him, Graham and Blanton will go to whoever plays the safety position the best. Rex has raved about the progression of Jonathan Meeks all off-season.... he is another in now or never territory. Duke Williams is now behind the 8 ball and needs to show up and play to avoid being cut.

5. Adolphus. He is the last man standing from the first two days of our draft. Despite that I'd like to see him rotate in some even when the twos come onto the field and Kyle and Marcel have their feet up. I want to see him in and allowed to get after the Quarterback let him beat some guys, even if they are NFL scrub guys I think it will do his confidence the world of good.

Good stuff. BarleyNY says Dray is garbage so I'll be watching him as well. Hoping Glass isn't shattered. You're right about now or never for KuJo. I thought Rex was talking up Duke Williams as well? Duke has the athleticism if he has picked up the D. I'm not worried about Adolph (yet).

I'm actually excited to see Cardale play -- I have NO aspirations of him supplanting EJ as the #2, I just want to see him run around and sling it with the big boys. Also looking forward to the backup RB battle. Heard Wilder on WGR yesterday and man, what a good kid. Really rooting for him.

Good stuff. BarleyNY says Dray is garbage so I'll be watching him as well. Hoping Glass isn't shattered. You're right about now or never for KuJo. I thought Rex was talking up Duke Williams as well? Duke has the athleticism if he has picked up the D. I'm not worried about Adolph (yet).

I'm actually excited to see Cardale play -- I have NO aspirations of him supplanting EJ as the #2, I just want to see him run around and sling it with the big boys. Also looking forward to the backup RB battle. Heard Wilder on WGR yesterday and man, what a good kid. Really rooting for him.

I too am looking forward to seeing Cardale out there just to see him sling it a little. I imagine he'll play the whole second half.

My focus at this point is basically the whole squad. Every position outside of QB has some sort of competition, even if it's just the depth guys. I'm especially curious to see 1) The OLB play. Can Striker make an impression and can IK make a case to keep him? 2) Who stands out at safety? Duke and Meeks are both athletic, but one has been horribly inconsistent particularly in pass coverage and the other is always getting hurt. 3) WR battle, of course. 4) How will Kujo do at LT?

For those fans who are OUTSIDE of the US. You can buy Gamepass and it gives you all the games live, as opposed to the US version where you can't watch live. I've done it last year and this year - worth every penny and I get NFL network on all my devices.

Edited by ndirish1978