KC makes Eric Fisher highest paid OL in NFL

@adamschefter

Former No. 1 overall pick Eric Fisher and Chiefs reach agreement on 4-year, $63 million extension that includes $40M gtd, sources tell ESPN.

@pff

Here is where Eric Fisher stands in our grades compared to NFL OTs (min 50% snaps)

2013: 56th

2014: 50th

2015: 33rd

@nfl24x7

Chiefs make Eric Fisher the highest paid offensive lineman in the NFL

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/7/30/12333140/kansas-city-chiefs-eric-fisher-offensive-tackle-contract?utm_campaign=Contact+SNS+For+More+Referrer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=snsanalytics

Well, he's getting better B-)

QB is different.

Really? Are you sure?

So QB is where you should pay a mediocre talent more than anyone else at the position? Have you called Whaley on this point? He might need to hear from you.

My point is TT may turn out to be a hero (and I certainly hope that's the case), but you don't pay a guy like Fisher top dollar when they have proven to be no more than serviceable. Let Tyrod prove he's the man, then pay him, but not more than the Brady's, Bree's and Rodgers of the league, unless he's proven he's worth it. You pay for the real deal, not a prayer. Hope he earns it though.

Edited by Augie

It's one thing to blow a top 5 pick on an O-lineman. It's another level of stupid to pay one this kind of money. Based on his position, even i he was above average, there will never ever be value there.

Man, how hard is it to be an NFL GM? three rules: 1. pick a good QB, 2. pick a good HC, 3. sit back and don't do anything stupid--your work is done.

Yep, so simple.

Didn't they recently decline to pick up the fifth year option on Fisher, or am I misremembering? Obviously, KC sees something in the guy that some others don't. He's been on their team for three seasons so they should know better than anyone what the guy's upside is. If this were another team throwing this kind of $ at him it would be more suspect, IMO.

@adamschefter

Former No. 1 overall pick Eric Fisher and Chiefs reach agreement on 4-year, $63 million extension that includes $40M gtd, sources tell ESPN.

@pff

Here is where Eric Fisher stands in our grades compared to NFL OTs (min 50% snaps)

2013: 56th

2014: 50th

2015: 33rd

@nfl24x7

Chiefs make Eric Fisher the highest paid offensive lineman in the NFL

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/7/30/12333140/kansas-city-chiefs-eric-fisher-offensive-tackle-contract?utm_campaign=Contact+SNS+For+More+Referrer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=snsanalytics

I just read that the numbers were misreported. It is a 4 year 48 million dollar extension. Added to the 2 years 15 million he has left on his deal. That is where the 63 came from. So he has a contract for 6 years/63 million. Much better for kc but still banking on improvement for it to be worthwhile.

I just read that the numbers were misreported. It is a 4 year 48 million dollar extension. Added to the 2 years 15 million he has left on his deal. That is where the 63 came from. So he has a contract for 6 years/63 million. Much better for kc but still banking on improvement for it to be worthwhile.

much better numbers.