KC makes Eric Fisher highest paid OL in NFL

@adamschefter

Former No. 1 overall pick Eric Fisher and Chiefs reach agreement on 4-year, $63 million extension that includes $40M gtd, sources tell ESPN.

@pff

Here is where Eric Fisher stands in our grades compared to NFL OTs (min 50% snaps)

2013: 56th

2014: 50th

2015: 33rd

@nfl24x7

Chiefs make Eric Fisher the highest paid offensive lineman in the NFL

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/7/30/12333140/kansas-city-chiefs-eric-fisher-offensive-tackle-contract?utm_campaign=Contact+SNS+For+More+Referrer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=snsanalytics

Edited by YoloinOhio

Nuts. He could be replaced with any number of FA's or draft picks.

Must pay Gilmore or TT now or the price will be insane next year.

Pretty good point - every contract seems unbelievable until you see the next one.

@pff

Here is where Eric Fisher stands in our grades compared to NFL OTs (min 50% snaps)

2013: 56th

2014: 50th

2015: 33rd

@nfl24x7

Chiefs make Eric Fisher the highest paid offensive lineman in the NFLhttp://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/7/30/12333140/kansas-city-chiefs-eric-fisher-offensive-tackle-contract?utm_campaign=Contact+SNS+For+More+Referrer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=snsanalytics

So....who's confused here? Besides me, of course.

chiefs say they think his best years are ahead of him.

They should hope that's the case

Well, I hope the same is true for Tyrod. But I'm not for throwing him $25 mil/year. Go Chiefs! I love when other teams do silly things.

chiefs say they think his best years are ahead of him.

They should hope that's the case

Well, I hope the same is true for Tyrod. But I'm not for throwing him $25 mil/year. Go Chiefs! I love when other teams do silly things.

That's where I am on TT. KC just screwed the pooch with Fisher. They just paid a serviceable LT elite LT money. No need to try to emulate them. Heck, I don't even know if that's possible at this point. The Bills would have to watch Taylor suck out loud this season and then give him $25M a year with $60M guaranteed for that to be the case.

It's one thing to blow a top 5 pick on an O-lineman. It's another level of stupid to pay one this kind of money. Based on his position, even i he was above average, there will never ever be value there.

Man, how hard is it to be an NFL GM? three rules: 1. pick a good QB, 2. pick a good HC, 3. sit back and don't do anything stupid--your work is done.