0-5 vs 119-38

Dr.Sack

The reality is eventually a QB has to win games with his arm.

Troubling statistics for the Bills

Tyrod is 0-5 when attempting over 30 passes in a game.

Tom Brady is 119-38.

Jim Kelly went 40-44.

For the record EJ Manuel is 1-8 when attempting over 30 passes in a game.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom Brady throws more than 30 times a game nearly every game. He is a good QB, I am not sure the correlation translates to Tyrod not being a good QB. Just that Brady is a very good qb.

You are essentially pitting a hall of fame QB's record against a QB that no one is comparing to him. There are many QB's in this league that aren't Tom Brady, that doesn't mean their teams are in a bad situation.

The 0-5 is a bad comparison. That includes:

a Patriots (1) game where Brady threw 59 times to annihilate us

a Chiefs game where Tyrod threw for almost 300 yards 3 tds and no ints,

a Giants game with no Watkins, or McCoy,

a Patriots (2) game where he could've done better.

a Eagles game where he could've done better

Edited by What a Tuel

Tyrod is 0-5 when attempting over 30 passes in game.

If he is still 0 for in that stat come this time next year I may start to worry. For now with 14 games as a starter under his belt I am not too concerned.

I think you have to bear in mind that Greg Roman doesn't set up to pass heavily. His 4 years in San Francisco, he averaged 447 pass attempts a season (27.9 per game). Last year we averaged 29 attempts per game.

Points against 49er defenses were: 229 (2011), 273 (2012), 272 (2013), 340 (2014). In 2015, the Bills conceded 359 points. Guess which years those teams went 8-8.

This brand of football is a team effort. The defense has to be stingy and the offense has to control the ball, control the clock. It's not perfect, it's probably not what most of us want to see but it is what it is. If we're passing 30 times a game, it's likely that we've not seen the defensive improvement we hope is coming.

Edited by Blokestradamus

He also ran for the 2nd most yards of any starting QB behind Cam Newton which cannot be dismissed. Bottom line is he finished 8-6 for his first year, and if you compare to any other first year QB's, that is pretty good. You can cherry pick stats because TT had a better QB rating than Aaron Rodgers his first year. Peyton Manning was 3-13 his first year.

It's basically a wait and see right now. If he progresses due to having a whole off season, knows the playbook, had a good OTA workouts, is the starter for camp and gets all the reps in TC, then the expectations are higher.

I think you have to bear in mind that Greg Roman doesn't set up to pass heavily. His 4 years in San Francisco, he averaged 447 pass attempts a season (27.9 per game). Last year we averaged 29 attempts per game.

Points against 49er defenses were: 229 (2011), 273 (2012), 272 (2013), 340 (2014). In 2015, the Bills conceded 359 points. Guess which years those teams went 8-8.

This brand of football is a team effort. The defense has to be stingy and the offense has to control the ball, control the clock. It's not perfect, it's probably not what most of us want to see but it is what it is. If we're passing 30 times a game, it's likely that we've not seen the defensive improvement we hope is coming.

astute observations.

What's a sample size?

LOL was just going to post the same thing. And what difference does the offensive strategy make, or the game situation? What was Brady's record when throwing more than 30 times during his first season as a starter?

So much unsaid in the OP, yet these are "troubling" stats for the Bills.

Geesh.

Tom Brady is 119-38.

Jim Kelly went 40-44.

Did it ever occur to you that the Bills threw more because they were behind?

Tom Brady is 119-38.

Jim Kelly went 40-44.

EJ's QB rating was 69.6 and Tyrod's was 86.1 when throwing over 30 passes. Teams EJ faced had a combined record of 71-73, while teams Tyrod faced had a combined record of 48-32. Tyrod lost 4 of those games by 1 score.

It wasnt troubling at all. Tyrod was not a complete disaster in these games like EJ. Yes he has to learn to win close games, and has tp beat the better teams to be considered a true franchise QB, but your post is garbage.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

Tom Brady is 119-38.

Jim Kelly went 40-44.

Oh my god I can't figure out why our first year starting QB doesn't have stats that are as good as a 16 year *HOF*QB*. OH wait..... it's all good, I just looked it up Peyton Manning went 1-11 his first year when attempting over 30 passes and he went on to throw for almost 41 miles worth of yardage in his career.. News flash first year starting QB struggles when asked to put the team on his back and throw a lot. No kiddin. ;)

Tyrod Taylor has yet to play a lights out game throwing the football, and that's something I hope to see before his current contract expires.

You can't win in the NFL without having a QB being able to put up dominant performances.

Tyrod Taylor has yet to play a lights out game throwing the football, and that's something I hope to see before his current contract expires.

You can't win in the NFL without having a QB being able to put up dominant performances.

I personally dont need that big 300+yard 3 TD game to be sold on him. He is a different QB. People would be surprised how close his total yards per game and TD total is to everyone's next great QB Derek Carr, not to mention his winning % is better as well.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

Tyrod is never going to be a pure passer and Tom Brady is never going to rush for substantial gains each week like Taylor does. Take note of our record when passing the ball less than 30 times. That's not just a coincidence, Roman wants to run and limit pass attempts while controlling the game. That's when he is comfortable with and it seems to fit Taylor's style.

It's not as fun as some of the passing offenses, I'd enjoy it more if we had a bigger primary running back and scrapped the trick plays.