Jerry Sullivan at it again

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/07/28/power-take-woods-doesnt-look-the-part-of-no-2-receiver/

Robert Woods was on the verge of blossoming into a very productive #2 before tearing his groin and playing with "one leg while dragging the other one behind me" in Robert Woods words.

I'm not sure if Sullivan ever experienced an athletic injury at all, based on how he looks, but to be honest I'm amazed that Woods was able to play not one game like that, but all 16. I've tweaked a groin and it is one of the most painful things you can do...you can barely walk let alone going out and playing football, blocking and running with it. The pain had to be excruciating...I know they get shot up and stuff, but damn...I give him a LOT of props for playing through it, not even mentioning it for why he wasn't looking as good as he did the year before and not missing any time because of it.

For Sullivan to say his performance last year was subpar and not even bring up playing with a torn groin which, is JUST A LITTLE important to a player who runs for a living, is just stupidity. Duh, if most people had a torn groin they would be sitting at home crying with every step, not going out and playing football.

That type of stuff pisses me off...he is acting like the dude just sucks when there was a perfectly legitimate reason why he sucked last year.

Get over it!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Facts are important: He injured the groin in camp and played through it. He wasn't healthy at all in the regular season.

So............you are backing off on YOUR take that WOODS IS AT BEST JAG and are NOW saying he was on pace for a great year? :lol:

Notice my clever use of all caps to emphasize your hypocrisy!

It's cute having a troll named Greggo. B-)

If I said that Rex did a poor job HC'ing last year would you take up the opposition on that then too? :lol:

As Sullivan is always at "it," I don't think that he's at it "again" is all that newsworthy. This is his shtick. Relentless negativity, some of it deserved, some of it not, but always negative nonetheless.

What would be newsworthy is if Sullivan was not at it again.

WWIP, i believe the Writers Guild is strong at the BN, believe that is why Sully, Gleason, and even Esmonde still have gigs. Need some fresh talent over there. it is very stale and the for guys like us that read the news everyday,we don't need to actually read the columns , we know what they will say just based on the byline.Same column as they wrote in 2004...

This.

The writers are covered by the union. They could write complete gibberish, and still not be fired.

So............you are backing off on YOUR take that WOODS IS AT BEST JAG and are NOW saying he was on pace for a great year? :lol:

Nope. Never said anything like that. Again, facts are your friend and reading is fundamental.

All I said in this thread was it's meaningless to say Woods wasn't on pace for a great year before the injury when he was injured in training camp. It's factually inaccurate -- as you're wont to do. It either shows you're just being dishonest in your analysis or you're suffering from confirmation bias.

HACK:

noun. 1. a person, as an artist or writer, who exploits, for money, his or her creative ability or training in the production of dull, unimaginative, and trite work; one who produces banal and mediocre work in the hope of gaining commercial success

See: Jerry Sullivan

Sully is not a football expert and his pessimistic approach rubs a lot of people the wrong way.

But he is a heck of a good writer, if you judge his writing on its own merits.

Here is what I found cured all my problems of disagreeing with most sports writers. I just dont read them ever, same with Radio. So i dont use my radio much or read a whole lot of opinions on sports written by for the most part non athletes. I will read facts and watch and form my own opinions.

Sullivan can be an idiot, but he is right about Woods, we have been waiting for him to make a difference, and it is not going to happen on this team

JS often takes the neg side and it is rare he sees the positive side. On the other hand he does not hide on this board using a fake name like certain other writers/bloggers do

Agreed. He may make a difference in the slot, but isn't a natural wideout. Sully is spot on.

Agreed. He may make a difference in the slot, but isn't a natural wideout. Sully is spot on.

It does not change the fact that he did in fact play injuried the entire year last year....and has been through what......FOUR quarterbacks in his tenure here?

Anxious to see him in a year 2 of actually playing with a legit qb

Nope. Never said anything like that. Again, facts are your friend and reading is fundamental.

All I said in this thread was it's meaningless to say Woods wasn't on pace for a great year before the injury when he was injured in training camp. It's factually inaccurate -- as you're wont to do. It either shows you're just being dishonest in your analysis or you're suffering from confirmation bias.

Factually inaccurate would mean that he WAS on pace for a great year.

Let me help you out here............in matters of opinion......there is this concept called SUBJECTIVITY.

You also don't think Woods was going to have a great year either..........you've expressed your opinion that he is at best JAG.

So basically you are trying ever so hard to find something to quibble over.

You've made yourself into my pet troll.

Congratulations. :thumbsup:

Sully is not a football expert and his pessimistic approach rubs a lot of people the wrong way.

But he is a heck of a good writer, if you judge his writing on its own merits.

What, unlike the plethora of people here that throw out buzz-worded opinionated cliches sans any factual info or data besides what's spoon-fed them and think that they are. LOL

He is a decent writer.

I see the kneejerk reaction thread is up and running.

jw

sure that is not a simplistic glancing overview Mr Wawrow ?

If you would follow our beloved Deranged and #badol's discourse you may well find some juicy bits of fun, hilarity, harshness, bile, clarity, vision hope and desperation mixed with disparity . its all right here.

knee jerk?

I beg to differ, we offer teams of Psychoanalysts opportunity aplenty.

look deeper Mr Wawrow.

Often times , there is more to be revealed when noticing a ripple in the the pond

no problem.

all i'm saying, is that i'm entitled to chime in my 2-cents, as well.

jw

heck yes

and

please do

pfft

What, unlike the plethora of people here that throw out buzz-worded opinionated cliches sans any factual info or data besides what's spoon-fed them and think that they are. LOL

He is a decent writer.

who expected this? voting for TrumpIedorf i imagine ?

Edited by 3rdand12