Chris Hogan talks about why he wanted out of Buffalo

I am no great fan of Hogan. But i do not see the article and his quotes being out of line at all.

His play in Buffalo is a separate subject

Alright Kirby.

Since you are one of my faves here whom I respect greatly. tell me a story about Hogan, a real one please

Jab at Sammy for sure.

won't really be missed, he even mentioned role player. It sounded to me he is fine taking the money and playing teams, but i read between the lines too much.

look forward to Bills defense taking advantage of his tendencies

I will PM you tomorrow. About to jump on the plane back to Buffalo.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet, 50% of his catches were for first downs in Buffalo. What I caught from what I read is that Hogan wasn't going to see as many chances in Buffalo. I can only think that is mostly because the Patriots are a throw first offense with the starters always injured and Buffalo is a run first offense with much less chance with Woods and Watkins in front of him.

I didn't read where the guy said anything close to derogatory about the Bills. What offensive player on this earth wouldn't want a chance to play with future hall of fame QB Tom Brady or be part of the winningest org in the league since 2000 and he is getting almost double the $$$ what the Bills offered him.

You would think. But Kirby was saying from the start of signing him that he was a waste of a roster spot in Buffalo and he has proven otherwise. Now he has a chance to really shine right behind Amendola as the #2 WR on the right side. The guy has managed to stay in the league six years now and that is better than a lot of players.

I haven't looked but isn't 50% not particularly good for a wide receiver

Yes, I read the article. Let's start with "I wanted out" and "I was complacent". Also, while Kryk was obviously painting a picture, let's not discount the smirk and eye roll comments. The fact is the Bills gave him an opportunity when no one else wanted him. I do not blame him for taking the money, but he come off in this article as a serious douche. By his own admission after last year, no he did not work hard. As he admits in this article, he was complacent. He is a dime a dozen player. They can and will easily replace his paltry production as a number 3/4 wide receiver. After reading this, Hogan was part of the problem in the locker room, not part of the solution.

I stopped reading the article after "I was complacent". Apart from the fact that since he is a Patriot and as such I wish him a slow and painful death, I have nothing against the guy...but what did he he ever accomplish to make him complacent as a Bill?

I stopped reading the article after "I was complacent". Apart from the fact that since he is a Patriot and as such I wish him a slow and painful death, I have nothing against the guy...but what did he he ever accomplish to make him complacent as a Bill?

Said that after the season while a Bill.

he has admitted to being complacent on other occasions too as I recall, which doesn't really align with his comments about always feeling like he was on the bubble.

he has admitted to being complacent on other occasions too as I recall, which doesn't really align with his comments about always feeling like he was on the bubble.

Fair enough, I couldn't get past the complacency quote. To me complacency in the NFL = early forced retirement

Fair enough, I couldn't get past the complacency quote. To me complacency in the NFL = early forced retirement

i agree it's a weird thing to say and to say it in multiple interviews, even weirder. Maybe he doesn't know what the word complacent means. Edited by YoloinOhio

Ive said that he's a better player than Da'Rick. He is an NFL WR. He's still a punk. I've yet to meet someone that likes the guy. Everyone thinks he's an appreciative underdog. He's an arrogant p---k. I can't wait to watch Brady jump down his throat when he runs his route short of the marker.

With all that being said he's still a dime a dozen player. The team is no worse off giving his reps to Dez Lewis or Salas. He's an NFL player but he is just a guy.

Totally agree on dime a dozen. He can have fun dropping the ball in a different uniform next year. Always open, but never sure handed.

i agree it's a weird thing to say and to say it in multiple interviews, even weirder. Maybe he doesn't know what the word complacent means.

You could be right...we get caught up in parsing words and attacking sometimes we miss the big picture. I'm gonna read the article past the word complacent and my guess is my reaction will be: decent guy, but your a Patriot now so f off :)

Well there you go. The Pats free agent signings are always on the money.

This post has nothing to do with mine. But that's typical.

At least he was thankful for the opportunity. Hogan is a punk.

Yeah , just LISTEN to this punk!:

'I’m not going to ask for the ball, and all that kind of stuff. I’m a role guy, and I like playing my role'

Douche!

Can you name anyone who would take a 1.6 million offer to stay on the Bills when NE is offering 12 million?

OK so I got past my complacency issues and read the article. Perhaps I obsess too much, but:

"Yet he repeatedly burns NFL cornerbacks on deep passes,"

Has that really happened? If so, did I miss the outrage on this board when we let him go?

OK so I got past my complacency issues and read the article. Perhaps I obsess too much, but:

"Yet he repeatedly burns NFL cornerbacks on deep passes,"[/size]

Has that really happened? If so, did I miss the outrage on this board when we let him go?

Yes. Hogan was getting open deep all the time but TT just can't throw deep. :rolleyes:

"Yet he repeatedly burns NFL cornerbacks on deep passes,"

if repeatedly means two in two years, then yes. I can think of one from Orton vs Minnesota and one from Tyrod vs Tennessee.

The anti-Hoganites are strong in will. One of them wanted to bet me he wouldn't make the 53 a couple years ago.

He's the Pats' Charles Clay. Overpaid for him but it's a perfect fit.

What makes Hogan a perfect fit for them?

It seems an awkward marriage to me, considering how important RAC yards are for them and how mediocre he is in that department.

Yes. Hogan was getting open deep all the time but TT just can't throw deep. :rolleyes:

Hmmm..is that an anti-TT comment or a pro-Hogan comment...and what would Schultz say (Sgt our Kurt)?

More often than ours.

Cuz they have Brady.

Deion Branch looked like a world beater until he went to Seattle

I doubt he gets 500 yards...

Well he admitted he didn't work as hard last year.

No he didn't. That is a common quote taken completely out of context.

Yes, I read the article. Let's start with "I wanted out" and "I was complacent". Also, while Kryk was obviously painting a picture, let's not discount the smirk and eye roll comments. The fact is the Bills gave him an opportunity when no one else wanted him. I do not blame him for taking the money, but he come off in this article as a serious douche. By his own admission after last year, no he did not work hard. As he admits in this article, he was complacent. He is a dime a dozen player. They can and will easily replace his paltry production as a number 3/4 wide receiver. After reading this, Hogan was part of the problem in the locker room, not part of the solution.

In my opinion, that is a completely loaded take. You're cherry picking quotes to suit your thesis. You don't want to "discount the eye roll," yet you are willing to attach your own meaning to it, and you're willing to discount other things that he actually said. For example, he also talked about how he was given a role, and worked as hard as he could to fill that role.

If anything, Hogan was being kind in that interview, in my humble opinion.

(And, correct me if I'm wrong: I do not recall reading anything that would suggest he was anything but a positive influence in the locker room.)

Edited by Rocky Landing