Rams release Nick Foles--update signs with KC

a few thoughts, I know that many here at TBD hate EJ no matter what. He's terrible. Anyone else in the world is better. But I don't think that is true. Foles has 1 tremendous season and has been a tire fire ever since. He would be brand new in our system and would eat up cap space we don't have. In order so sign him, you'd probably have to give him more money that Tyrod is making, that to me would be a mistake. I'd stick with the QBs we have and use what little cap space we have to add depth to the team or try to figure out a way to give Tyrod an extension or a raise.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be in the minority on this, but if the football front office staff and coaches think that Foles would be an upgrade over EJ, then the Bills should pursue Foles. Not a knock on Taylor, but his style of play does concern me in terms of being healthy for a full season.

@jamespalmertv

Gary Kubiak said on 104.3 the Fan the Broncos have no interest in bringing in Nick Foles.

I don't blame Elway for not retaining Osweiler. That was the right decision. But every other thing he has done regarding the QB position this offseason has dumbfounded me.

I respect your opinion on this. I don't see Foles as a big enough upgrade over EJ, especially with his experience in the offense. But we'll see.

I also could see if they brought Foles in and he looks good in camp (he seems like a guy who would be good in preseason) that it would start a whole other qb debate.

I share your opinion but we're just thinking about this year. Is it prudent to look at Foles now as the backup for say the next 3 years vs having to find a better/equivalent one next off season. IMO good backups aren't terribly easy to find - but of course Foles would need to be ok with that role too.

As a free agent, Foles will get his choice.....of at least a couple of opportunities. I am guessing the Bills will not be his choice. Jets would be a good guess, as they have lots of QB's who have not shown anything positive. He could last a few years there,,,with an incentive laden contract. If Chan buys in, that would be my bet.

As a free agent, Foles will get his choice.....of at least a couple of opportunities. I am guessing the Bills will not be his choice. Jets would be a good guess, as they have lots of QB's who have not shown anything positive. He could last a few years there,,,with an incentive laden contract. If Chan buys in, that would be my bet.

The thing is, what Foles is good at is directly opposite what Fitz does and Chan likes. Fitz gunslings it over the middle and Chan likes his empty backfield sets. Foles throws deep. I don't think it's a good fit for the Jets.

The thing is, what Foles is good at is directly opposite what Fitz does and Chan likes. Fitz gunslings it over the middle and Chan likes his empty backfield sets. Foles throws deep. I don't think it's a good fit for the Jets.

Hmmm - could be decent fit here then

Does he have any mobility?

I predict he ends up in dallas, anyway

People need to think about this logically

- EJ Manuel is gone after this year......is anyone really disputing this?

- We have a high ceiling project who should not even THINK about seeing the regular season field this year

- We have Tyrod....the incumbant starter.....

Does this really look like a situation that we should not continue to kick the tires on QBs especially for a backup QB?

Yes....Foles has been bad of recent. So it begs to answer the question.....why did Foles look SO GOOD that one year......and look SO BAD in years after? What causes this? Did he all of a sudden forget to know how to throw a football?

People need to think about this logically

- EJ Manuel is gone after this year......is anyone really disputing this?

- We have a high ceiling project who should not even THINK about seeing the regular season field this year

- We have Tyrod....the incumbant starter.....

Does this really look like a situation that we should not continue to kick the tires on QBs especially for a backup QB?

Yes....Foles has been bad of recent. So it begs to answer the question.....why did Foles look SO GOOD that one year......and look SO BAD in years after? What causes this? Did he all of a sudden forget to know how to throw a football?

STL changed OCs midseason and had a lack of talent on the OL and at WR. I don't know if he's any good but I don't think we know what he is yet, could be a system-specific guy.

Hmmm - could be decent fit here then

Does he have any mobility?

I predict he ends up in dallas, anyway

A little. The knock was the he didn't have phenomenal pocket presence and he wasn't a running QB like Mariota for Chip's perfect offense QB. Which made it mystifying that he went for Bradford, who is a statue.

It seems like a moot point though. Jets have Fitz, and Vic is saying it's not likely in Buffalo.

Of course with Vic's "sources" I sometimes predict opposite.

A little. The knock was the he didn't have phenomenal pocket presence and he wasn't a running QB like Mariota for Chip's perfect offense QB. Which made it mystifying that he went for Bradford, who is a statue.

It seems like a moot point though. Jets have Fitz, and Vic is saying it's not likely in Buffalo.

Of course with Vic's "sources" I sometimes predict opposite.

fair point

Despite reports to the contrary, #Bills aren't among teams interested in signing Nick Foles, from what I've been told.

Pretty sure the initial source of this was the fake Twitter account Adam Schifter (which looks just like "Schefter" on Twitter), that was the only "source" I saw on Twitter all day yesterday...