TOD 7/27: Loss of starting QB - NFL team best able to handle

Although I'm not sure I endorse this, Mike & Mike were talking about Garapolo today and comments from his former coach. Apparently he has a quick release and he's very accurate based on what they said. I know most of you don't like the Patriots, but somehow I suspect he will be better than many people suspect. I only remember he was able to avoid a very good Bills pass rush in that end of season game a few years ago and even created a touchdown when Brady couldn't generate any offense in the first half.

We'll see once he has 3 games plus the pre season to get ready for us. And just to make it perfectly clear I do not and have never been a Patriots fan in my 15 years in New England.

I agree with this. I've wanted the Bills to get Moore for years.

That said, I think the Bills are in very decent shape with regard to their backup situation. And unlike the Dolphins, it will come in handy for the Bills.

Very decent shape? Have you ever seen EJ figure out what's going on out there, let alone throw an accurate pass with any consistency?

Very decent shape? Have you ever seen EJ figure out what's going on out there, let alone throw an accurate pass with any consistency?

Yes, I have. Have you ever seen Tyrod do it?

I'm with the Dolphins pick. Matt Moore is a solid back up.

I think Matt Moore is the prime example of a guy who played a little that gets overrated. 33 tds and 28 ints. Meh. Also, I thought McCarron was a big reason why the Bengals lost their playoff game.

That said, they are both decent backup Qbs but it just goes to show how much the league lacks good Qbs. If any starting qb goes down for a long time, your team is probably done anyways.

I think Matt Moore is the prime example of a guy who played a little that gets overrated. 33 tds and 28 ints. Meh. Also, I thought McCarron was a big reason why the Bengals lost their playoff game.

That said, they are both decent backup Qbs but it just goes to show how much the league lacks good Qbs. If any starting qb goes down for a long time, your team is probably done anyways.

What's a long time? Tell me 4 games is a long time.

Yes, I have. Have you ever seen Tyrod do it?

Just taking entire careers (EJ has more attempts).

EJ - 59.1% completion, 3,371 yards, 6.5 YPA, 19 TDs, 15 INTs, 78.5 rating

TT - 62.9% completion, 3,234 yards, 8.0 YPA, 20 TDs, 8 INTs, 95.0 rating

I really do not (and cannot) understand how anyone can look at the 2 and deem EJ to be superior? There is literally nothing that supports it (besides the 137 extra yards on 141 more passing attempts). I hope that this doesn't stem off into an EJ bashing because that is not the attempt. I am just curious as to WHAT specifically people (the 3 or 4 of you that believe this) have seen that makes them think that?