Aaron Williams Wants Fred Jackson Back; Do you?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LMAO

Due to crap planning and Shady's injury, we're now in revolving-door-of-has-been-RBs mode.

WTH, Jackson's as good as any of the other retreads that have been rumored.

Instead of taking a complete waste of Cardale Jones in the 4th maybe they should have taken Paul Perkins instead, who would have been a perfect fit for this offense, particularly considering the lack of decent WRs on the team. That would have taken vision and planning skills however, clearly we don't have any of those.

I love Fred. He's one of my favorite players of all time. His combination of talent and character was unique. I even think he might have made the HOF if he had played for the Bills in the early 90s instead of Thurman.

And yet I'm still not sure I want Fred back. I watched him last year with the Hawks and he's clearly not the player he used to be. Why get rid of a talented young guy to make room for an aging Fred?

In any case, like others I don't Fred will answer the phone if DW calls.

I love Fred. He's one of my favorite players of all time. His combination of talent and character was unique. I even think he might have made the HOF if he had played for the Bills in the early 90s instead of Thurman.

And yet I'm still not sure I want Fred back. I watched him last year with the Hawks and he's clearly not the player he used to be. Why get rid of a talented young guy to make room for an aging Fred?

In any case, like others I don't Fred will answer the phone if DW calls.

They shouldn't bring him back for everyone's sake, including his own.

This entire situation emphasizes how crappy this team is at envisioning its own needs though.

Every year they make stupid picks and draft as if everything's going to work out hunky dory without any seeming plan or visible methodology other than that the players "are good."

Let's leave the ex-bills where they are. We are not that desperate.

Maybe for a one day contract so he can retire a Bill.

Lol at AW.

#goingrogue.

Imo

I agree. on each point.

AW just got Whaleys attention though.

Seattle used Fred nearly exclusively on 3rd down to pick up the blitz. He had 32 receptions (same as LeShady had for the Bills) for 257 yards (8.0 avg). Given our mess at RB, he'd be a good addition, but the ship has sailed because Whaley and Rex made it clear they wanted Fred gone.

well one of them did

Yes and no. I would love it for sentiment and other feel good stuff and also don't think we need him on the field.

Yolo - my initial thought was the same but I was actually surprised at Fred's catching numbers last year. He only had 26 carries and that's about where I'd want him - but as a blocking down RB with the ability to catch 32 balls - I think that could actually be exactly what we need. I absolutely wouldn't want him to be a part of the running game per se - but maybe a Larry Centers role.

I've been critical of Fred and I didn't like the way he left - more than most. I did not like the way he criticized Whaley and tried to be a distraction. Only reason I mention that is it's not a sentimental angle for me. I wasn't totally underwhelmed by his numbers last year - which kind of shocked me.

Guess I will be that guy!!! AWil needs to focus on his own career, health and productivity. He isn't in position to be lobbying for other players.

Sure he is. He's possibly one hit from retirement. He's made decent money. Why not try to get his best friend back? He has nothing to lose.

Guess I will be that guy!!! AWil needs to focus on his own career, health and productivity. He isn't in position to be lobbying for other players.

This time, it's okay to be that guy. Just an odd ball shot from A Williams. Nice gesture i suppose. But Aaron may be a week away from retirement. Heaven forbid.

Cowboy gonna Cowboy

My thoughts exactly. Focus on playing a full season this year. Let Freddy take some time off for a change....

No.

Is FJ just waiting for a devastating knee injury before he retires? He was a very good back but he's well past his prime. Get out while you're still semi healthy.

Edited by vincec

Pay him vet minimum to just be in the locker room? Hell yes.

If AW isn't offering the money to pay Fred from his base salary this year then as a non-contributor last year he really should just keep his roster opinions to himself............ but Fred doesn't have much love for Shady and as revered as Fred is that might not make for a good situation in the lockerroom.

Yolo - my initial thought was the same but I was actually surprised at Fred's catching numbers last year. He only had 26 carries and that's about where I'd want him - but as a blocking down RB with the ability to catch 32 balls - I think that could actually be exactly what we need. I absolutely wouldn't want him to be a part of the running game per se - but maybe a Larry Centers role.

I've been critical of Fred and I didn't like the way he left - more than most. I did not like the way he criticized Whaley and tried to be a distraction. Only reason I mention that is it's not a sentimental angle for me. I wasn't totally underwhelmed by his numbers last year - which kind of shocked me.

Fred was tremendous on third down last year........made some key plays at times when the Seahawks offense wasn't very good.

But as has been said.......he ran the ball VERY little.

NO! What is this, another Juice and AC situations. I mean, who are the brass listening to these claims ..? Hopefully none. If A Williams

wants to stake his claim in FJAX to receive and run with signicant playing time this year that leads to a playoff spot, then great. If any forum members want to support that dream; then you all are hitting on 17. Chances are, it's not going to happen. And let's not confuse success with 1) Clubhouse presence. He can be a coach if that's the case. Not a roster spot at RB. 2) Being serviceable in already eliminated, no-meaning games. If Fred plays good in these games so F'n what?!

Hell no. I'm convinced the biggest reason he was jettisoned last season -other than eroding skills- was because he represented the worst era of Bills play in history, while achieving adoration from team and fans alike for never quitting. He was a team spokesman and League recognized team representative.

New owners, new coaching staff, improved stadium says 'change is Necessary'. It helped that his best days were behind him.

If the brass released him earlier, I don't think there'd be half the crying that still remains here.

He'll make the WOF someday.