NFL Realignment Needed

major

I'm daydreaming but I wish the NFL realigned the divisions. For example, I'd like to see the AFC East as follows:

Buffalo

New England

NY Jets

NY Giants

Honestly, I would divide them up by geography. Thoughts/Suggestions?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta think that would make scheduling a little bit more difficult. Typically they keep same stadium teams in separate conferences to avoid conflicts. Not to mention it'd make for 2 strange home games for each one annually. Once every 4 years to play a half-away game in your stadium isn't a big deal, but every year?

The whole division rivalry thing has continued to erode with free agency, the coaching carousel, regionalization etc.

Really all divisions seem to accomplish anymore is preventing strong teams in divisions with dominant teams from getting a post season shot, in some cases for many consecutive seasons.

Phins jets and bills have all had pretty dismal post season participation since Brady and beli teamed up. Meanwhile teams with sub .500 records in scham divisions stroll in with a home playoff game to boot!

I think it would be better for us to have Pitt, Cleveland and Cinci in division. It would be easy to fill the stadiums as people could drive from both Pitt and Cleveland pretty easily. It would be a better rivalry. I think the days of us being in with Miami should end. We did have a great rivalry with them and Ralph want to continue but he's gone now and that rivalry is largely done. I'd hate to leave the division with New England at the point where Brady and Belichick retire and we start beating them again. It would make more sense for us to be in with the other teams though

I think it would be better if we totally realigned The League into just four Divisions.

Here's my breakdown based on team names. :ph34r:

The Wild West Division

Bills

Cowboys

Broncos

Colts

Chiefs

Texans

Washington

49ers

The Fortune Five Hundred Division

Jints

Titans

Pats*

Stealers

Browns

Buccaneers

Raiders

Vikings

The Surf & Turf Division

Bears

Jaguars

Bengals

Lions

Panthers

Rams

Dolphins

Packers

The Flying Thingies Division

Falcons

Iggles

Seahawks

Ravens

Cardinals

Saints

Chargers

Jets

:blink:

I think it would be better for us to have Pitt, Cleveland and Cinci in division. It would be easy to fill the stadiums as people could drive from both Pitt and Cleveland pretty easily. It would be a better rivalry. I think the days of us being in with Miami should end. We did have a great rivalry with them and Ralph want to continue but he's gone now and that rivalry is largely done. I'd hate to leave the division with New England at the point where Brady and Belichick retire and we start beating them again. It would make more sense for us to be in with the other teams though

I fully agree. I was all for this during the last alignment but Wilson couldn't let go despite the tarnish having come off of that one since the Kelly-Marino era ended. Then again, what does it say for an owner who's on record as saying that he'd rather go 2-14 and beat the Fins twice than have a record good enough to advance to the playoffs. It helps explain the futility of the Wilson-era.

Cleveland and Pittsburgh are the two most logical teams for us for reasons already stated, plus, they're also both snow-belt teams and have largely have blue collar fan bases. Detroit would be a good 4th.

It'd be a whole lot easier to go to road games too, at least for those living in the region. Driveable.

Miami should be with Tampa & Jacksonville, imagine their rivalries, it'd be like FSU/Florida/Miami.

This

i think that would be great from a Buffalo fan POV. But I fail to see how the fans of the other 3 teams would rather see the Bills than the Ravens with all the history/rivalry associated with them.

NFL

Arizona

Atlanta

Buffalo

baltimore

Cinci

Denver

Pittsburgh

Miami

New england

Jets

Giants

Cowboys

Eagles

Redskins

Lions

Bears

Packers

Vikinings

Texans

Saints

Panthers

Titans

Bucs

Cardinals

Seahawks

9ers

Broncos

Chiefs

Raiders

Chargers

Bills

Rams

Not NFL

Cleveland

NFL

Arizona

Atlanta

Buffalo

baltimore

Cinci

Denver

Pittsburgh

Miami

New england

Jets

Giants

Cowboys

Eagles

Redskins

Lions

Bears

Packers

Vikinings

Texans

Saints

Panthers

Titans

Bucs

Cardinals

Seahawks

9ers

Broncos

Chiefs

Raiders

Chargers

Bills

Rams

Not NFL

Cleveland

I think Buffalo and Bills are the same team? :D

I fully agree. I was all for this during the last alignment but Wilson couldn't let go despite the tarnish having come off of that one since the Kelly-Marino era ended. Then again, what does it say for an owner who's on record as saying that he'd rather go 2-14 and beat the Fins twice than have a record good enough to advance to the playoffs. It helps explain the futility of the Wilson-era.

Cleveland and Pittsburgh are the two most logical teams for us for reasons already stated, plus, they're also both snow-belt teams and have largely have blue collar fan bases. Detroit would be a good 4th.

It'd be a whole lot easier to go to road games too, at least for those living in the region. Driveable.

Miami should be with Tampa & Jacksonville, imagine their rivalries, it'd be like FSU/Florida/M

Detroit would make more sense than Cinci, but I bet that fans there would hate to give up the Bears and Packers as rivals. That division is strong. Baltimore is an option to join the Bills, Browns and Pitt, but might make more sense in a division that had Jets and New England.

Edited by SF Bills Fan

Miami should be with Tampa & Jacksonville, imagine their rivalries, it'd be like FSU/Florida/Miami.

Just like them.

Except without the fans.

I'm daydreaming but I wish the NFL realigned the divisions. For example, I'd like to see the AFC East as follows:

Buffalo

New England

NY Jets

NY Giants

Honestly, I would divide them up by geography. Thoughts/Suggestions?

Here's a better idea: Bills to AFC North and Ravens to AFC East.

If we moved to the AFC North, that would be great. I live in Cincy, Cleveland is 3.5 hours, Pitt is 4, and of course RWS is only exactly 6 hours from me. I could go to every divisional game on the road and one at RWS as is my yearly pilgrimage.