TOD 7/14: What call do you remember going against the Bills?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a good one.

Are there really people in 2016 who think the Music City Miracle play should have been ruled a forward lateral and overturned?

Are there really people in 2016 who don't?

Ravens OT game when David Nelson's forward motion was stopped and the still ruled a fumble. Cost us the game.

Yep, this is the one I immediately thought of. However, it was Shawn Nelson, not David Nelson. That was the game that I realized that Fitz really was a decent QB, and not just a Brian Brohm backup.

"Unsportsmanlike conduct, number 65, defense ...."

Jerry Bergman

^This. A thousand times this. Bergman personally made sure we weren't gonna snap the Miami streak that day. Morris fumbled and Toomay got screwed. Bergman, like a lot of refs, was intimidated by Shula and his position on the rules committee. Pisses me off to this day.

GO BILLS!!!

Well, let's not lose sight of the fact that a few calls and non-calls have gone The Bills way over the years too.

Don Beebe stepping about 1 1/2 feet out of bounds in the comeback game was a tremendous non-call.

"Just give it to them" still rankles my azz, and the MCM is right up there too.

Not really a lot of meaning against this one but after the bills stuffed the pats on third and short, #55 gets a penalty for slapping his own player in the helmet to celebrate. Kind of a "even when we do good against the pats, the football gods are still out to get us" moment. I think Gostowski missed the FG but that definitely was a demoralizing moment in that game. And yes I still believe the MCM is the worst moment of my young career as a bills fan (not old enough for the superbowl run)

Oh I forgot about helmet slap personal foul by Jerry Hughes! May not be the worst in Bills history, but it was ridiculous.

http://thebiglead.com/2014/10/12/jerry-hughes-got-a-personal-foul-for-celebrating-by-slapping-his-own-teammate-on-the-helmet/

The "just give it to them" game slips my mind, but this article refreshed it a little.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/6/16/2225057/buffalo-bills-walk-off-foxboro-patriots

Edited by What a Tuel

Pats/Bills, same year as the Music City Miracle. 4th and long, time running out and Bledsoe throws a Hail Mary. Its dropped, game over we win. Wait there is a yellow flag on the field. "Pass Interference" ball is placed on the 1yard line. Bledsoe throws to his tight end. Touchdown. Not only cost us the game, cost us the division, a bye and the Titians game would have been the bye week. Bastards

The Bills, no matter what they do. I love them!

Sorry shane, the Pats/Bills "just give it to them" game was the year earlier (1998).

It's how many years later now, and this still makes me nun-punching mad if I think about it long enough

And the Hail Mary holding that followed.

That and SB 26 convinced me the NFL influences the outcome of games.

Pats/Bills, same year as the Music City Miracle. 4th and long, time running out and Bledsoe throws a Hail Mary. Its dropped, game over we win. Wait there is a yellow flag on the field. "Pass Interference" ball is placed on the 1yard line. Bledsoe throws to his tight end. Touchdown. Not only cost us the game, cost us the division, a bye and the Titians game would have been the bye week. Bastards

The Bills, no matter what they do. I love them!

I remember this one vividly. I kicked a clothes hamper so hard it flew across the room. A girl I was going out with got scared.

For me, the worst call was the facemask penalty against Bruuuuce in the AFC Championship Game. He hit Easiason (sp?) so hard in the upper chest that Boomers head dropped. Bengals wore black face masks and black jerseys so the ref figured Bruce grabbed his mask. Horrible call that altered the outcome.

Still upsetting.

Other than the obvious Music City forward pass, is there one penalty call, made correctly or not, that you most remember going against the Bills? What was the call and why is it salient to you?

I cannot give one example, but in the decade of the 1970's when the Bills played the Miami Dolphins, EVERY time a last minute, TD, INT, SACK, FG, etc. put the Bills in a situation to win, there was a yellow flag in the air that canceled it. :bag:

Edited by rockpile

levy saying to the ref "you've been bought"

Excellent example! I was thinking of this situation (Andre throwing his helmet) but did not search for the non-calls that prompted his frustration..

Edited by rockpile

Yep, this is the one I immediately thought of. However, it was Shawn Nelson, not David Nelson. That was the game that I realized that Fitz really was a decent QB, and not just a Brian Brohm backup.

Fitz played out of his mind that game. He couldn't miss... it was incredible. He threaded some passes into places that shouldn't be possible