Tyrod made the right read, can you?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My year's of Madden playing paid off! :lol:

Motion with no movement from d usually equals zone, right side is the overload and allows Tyrod (or us) to watch the most receivers the easiest, as soon as the boundary cb shows his deep drop the comeback is an easy read.

Edited by section122

My result:

I read it as man (b/c I didn't pay attention to motion and don't know how to play QB), and then decided I would force to Sammy pretty much no matter what.

It's hard to predict what the results of this terrible QB play I had going on in my mind would have been since the left CB was reading Tyrod's eyes and dropping deep, but I bet I still would have completed the pass for equal if not more yards.

Moral of the story: throw to Sammy

Edited by dayman

Great comments so far. But you guys are correct. The motion showed zone coverage. Single high safety means a version of Cover 3. Right before the snap u see the CBs back of a little and in a bail technique which also means zone. So if it is cover three the CB has to cover his deep third, so u have to find who the flats defender is. Fortunately for the Bills, the flats defender widened with Woods running down the seam and his eyes were also undisciplined and it put him totally out of position. TT was decisive and it was great to see considering how the Pats played him in game one. Stay tuned for that video early next week!!! Glad you guys enjoyed it!

Woods it looked like. Wiiiiiiiide open

IMO, either is correct. Hogan was the safer option, but with an accurate pass, that's a TD to Woods close to the end of the half against an opponent that kicks our ass year in and year out, on their home field.

The Hogan pass was safe. A Woods pass is what a true "go to" QB does.

I made the same read as Tyrod. Zone so the outside corner is playing with a cushion, Hogan is bound to have the leverage an easy gain for close to a first (the ball is thrown actually a touch behind Hogan who has to readjust just slightly which probably prevents the first.

IMO, either is correct. Hogan was the safer option, but with an accurate pass, that's a TD to Woods close to the end of the half against an opponent that kicks our ass year in and year out, on their home field.

The Hogan pass was safe. A Woods pass is what a true "go to" QB does.

I have seen a fair amount of this with the young Tyrod. I am sure he was coached to do that.

This he needs to hit Robert !!

Tyrod made the correct read I did not I thought man and had Sammy 1on 1.But those people saying to hit woods deep I feel are wrong.The corner back initially has woods covered but after Tyrod start to make the throw that's when woods gets open.If he had held the ball Woodsy would be covered IMO

Tyrod made the correct read I did not I thought man and had Sammy 1on 1.But those people saying to hit woods deep I feel are wrong.The corner back initially has woods covered but after Tyrod start to make the throw that's when woods gets open.If he had held the ball Woodsy would be covered IMO

That CB has his eyes on Hogan. When Hogan breaks his route, the CB stops to follow. The Safety has the deep route, but he's not nearly in position to stop a good throw to Woods.

The pre snap read gives a good indication that Hogan will have some space underneath the coverage, and Taylor reads it and makes a good play. The Woods option would have been more on the fly. Taylor is young, and made the high probability play. To make leaps in his game and be the QB we all hope for, he'll make that TD throw.