Prayers for the City of Dallas

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

488 people killed by police this year. 261 were white. 57 police officers killed not counting last night . ALL LIVES MATTER

Last year in Chicago 2900 shootings 468 murders, no police involved. That's just Chicago . And we worry about Isis ?

Edited by mead107

It gets old reading about another shooting every single day.

After the Orlando Shooting, not one person in my office said anything.

So far this morning, nothing about last night. We are becoming numb to senseless violence. Very scary

It's hard not to look at these occupancies as the new normal. This is incredibly sad.

So far this morning, nothing about last night. We are becoming numb to senseless violence. Very scary

It's hard not to look at these occupancies as the new normal. This is incredibly sad.

True. But give your coworkers the benefit of doubt here as any conversation about these events could get very work-inappropriate very quickly.

So much senseless violence and killing. Everywhere.

I'm not sure that it's numbness. It is hard to avoid political tangents when discussing things like this and a lot of people know better than to bring their politics into the office. People can be very spiteful.

True. But give your coworkers the benefit of doubt here as any conversation about these events could get very work-inappropriate very quickly.

So much senseless violence and killing. Everywhere.

I'm not sure that it's numbness. It is hard to avoid political tangents when discussing things like this and a lot of people know better than to bring their politics into the office. People can be very spiteful.

Something I had not considered, but could be very true

I hope that is the case and not just numbness to our new normal. I never thought I'd watch a video of major city in the US under attack from sniper fire. Its a like a movie

I guess the fourth shooter has been killed by the police. The police sent in a robot that got up next to the last shooter and dropped a bomb next to him. BOOM! Problem solved.

Sad sad situation.

I don't know if I'm impressed or afraid the police have that capability.

I don't know if I'm impressed or afraid the police have that capability.

I'm impressed. Like I said in the "Police will patrol tailgate lots" thread, if people are having a good time and not breaking the law, I have no problem with police patrolling and having enhanced weaponry. Makes me fell safer anyway.