Williams speech/Alton/Philando/Dallas shootings

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You get tickets now for going 5 over. Redlight cams if you roll past the sensor. Etc... ticky tacky, over-officious jerks now.

Well the last I heard you're not going to get your head blown off by a red light cam. So let me ask you how many miles over the limit do you think is sufficient for warranting getting a ticket. What type of stop should someone make at a red light or stop sign? There are no shades of grey here unless of course you're driving in CA on the freeway.

I love CA. If you asked me what the speed limit is here on the freeways I can't answer it. Seriously, I can't. It's not posted. At least I never see it. You know what the limit is? The same speed as everyone else and not weaving in and out. Right now cruising speed is about 85-90 mph. I've driven by plenty of cops on the freeway with the radar gun doing 75-80 and not even bothered to slow down. You know why? Everyone is going 75-80.

Now on local streets? If it's 25 I do 25.

Your instincts and expectations were right on.

The problem is we elected the wrong black person to answer that call. Instead of a black person who could genuinely inspire and lead (of which there are many), we elected a person who would divide and rile, and at every turn have his surrogates explain that what you were seeing wasn't embarrassing personal failure at every level, but potentially high levels of success that were thwarted by racism.

By the time you factor in how much worse his policies have made life for minorities economically and professionally, what we're watching right now should surprise no one.

Sad.

Well the last I heard you're not going to get your head blown off by a red light cam. So let me ask you how many miles over the limit do you think is sufficient for warranting getting a ticket. What type of stop should someone make at a red light or stop sign? There are no shades of grey here unless of course you're driving in CA on the freeway.

I love CA. If you asked me what the speed limit is here on the freeways I can't answer it. Seriously, I can't. It's not posted. At least I never see it. You know what the limit is? The same speed as everyone else and not weaving in and out. Right now cruising speed is about 85-90 mph. I've driven by plenty of cops on the freeway with the radar gun doing 75-80 and not even bothered to slow down. You know why? Everyone is going 75-80.

Now on local streets? If it's 25 I do 25.

10+

No Hollywood stop. Feel the vehicle rock back on rear axle.

But they're black, so hypocrisy is OK.

The kid wrote a manifesto on his Instagram prior to going out like a coward hiding on a roof. If one can't explain his own intentions who can?

In all fairness, Omar Mateen openly pledged his allegiance to ISIS before murdering 50 people in Orlando, and not only is the WH stumped about his motive, but the FBI can't even find his wife.

If you like incompetence, you're going to love my president.

I fear the police and I am white... But I give in and try to keep my nose clean. I try to follow the law to best of my ability. What I fear is being financially strapped by needless enforcement. If you drive a car, you know it only takes making a simple screw up to cause you financial hardship. I am pretty well off, just imagine if one is scratching to get by while being caught in a departments revenue generating machine.

I fear the police. Everybody is one misstep away from ruin with them. I guess it is the same with people's feelings toward gov't. One eff up away from a world of pain.

Don't tread on me?

Agree. There is some there in your post.

A tweak for accuracy: I suggest you don't fear the police.... you fear the bigger machine, a corrupt justice system. It is especially corrupt in Illinois.

https://imgur.com/gallery/XsKhT

Pretty well done comparison with sources.

A few points:

1. They could have down a better job breaking down the "armed" statistics. Th Mn guy falls into that category but really shouldn't. "Armed with exchanged fire" might be better. I don't hear anyone complaining about those incidents and if they were removed it might paint a clearer picture.

2. They could break these things down by religion instead of race.

3. If cops made a concerted effort to shoot more asians these stats would look a whole lot better for them.

4. I know....I mean I KNOW.....Greggy will be looking into that unknown race stat based on the assumption that there are space aliens being shot by cops.

A Latino cop shot Castile, don't tell anyone..............it upsets the Racist White Cop narrative

Lawyer: Officer who shot Philando Castile reacted to gun, not race

Jeronimo Yanez, the police officer who killed a black driver during a suburban Minnesota traffic stop this week, reacted to the man's gun — not his race — his attorney said Saturday.

St. Anthony Police Officer Yanez was reacting to "the presence of that gun and the display of that gun" when he opened fire on and killed Philando Castile, Minneapolis attorney Thomas Kelly told the Associated Press in an interview Saturday.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/07/09/lawyer-minnesota-cop-reacted-gun-not-race/86894752/#

200-plus arrested at protests in Baton Rouge and St. Paul where protesters hurled bricks, glass, fireworks at police

Cm-I_zQVMAAA8-t.jpg

Can someone explain to me how a cop can racially profile a person driving a car?

Seriously, I can't even tell who's driving until I'm next to someone. Most of the time, you can't even see because of the window tint unless you look through the rear-view mirror.

The Democrats’ Self-Serving Distractions

by Kevin D Williamson

It is time for another round of Pin the Tail on Anybody but the Donkey.

After the massacre at a gay club in Orlando, Fla., by an American Muslim of Afghan origin affiliated with the Islamic State, the editors of the New York Times argued that the fundamental problem was “hate” exemplified by . . . opponents of same-sex marriage. That was an interesting line of argument. Omar Mateen was not found with a natural-law treatise in his back pocket, and he wasn’t fresh from a Princeton seminar with Robert George. He never suggested that the Supreme Court had taken too broad a view of the 14th Amendment in Obergefell v. Hodges. He was a Muslim fanatic whose heroes throw homosexuals off of tall buildings and crucify Christians.

The morning after that massacre, the New York Daily News reported the enormity under the headline: “Thanks, NRA!” Mateen was a friend of the Islamic State, not a member of the National Rifle Association. He was a member of the same political party as Barack Obama, not a crusading Second Amendment activist of the right. He’d thrice been interviewed by the FBI for suspected ties to terrorism, but the FBI saw nothing actionable. Afterward, there was a great deal of talk about forbidding firearms purchases by people on terrorism “watch lists,” which would be a violation of due process and in any case beside the point: Mateen was on no such list. But it was somehow a black eye for the NRA, which had nothing to do with any of it.

When Timothy McVeigh bombed the federal building in Oklahoma City, President Clinton (weird thing, Millennials: Her husband used to be president! He was a lot of fun, but that’s a long story!) made an embarrassing and shameful effort to pin the crime on Rush Limbaugh, whom he blamed for cultivating what everybody called, for five minutes, a “climate of hate.” That phrase was revived for a minute when another sad lunatic in Arizona, who was obsessed with an implausible “infinite currency” conspiracy and the idea that NASA had been faking spaceflights — i.e., a fruitcake — shot Gabby Giffords. That one was Sarah Palin’s fault, you’ll recall: Palin’s graphic-design team had put crosshairs on the districts of Democrats “targeted” for electoral challenge. The president himself weighed in on the need for more civility. Everybody was all about civility for about two nanoseconds, and then it was time to blame the NRA for the Giffords shooting.

Black Lives Matter has attracted some truly reprehensible people, and it will, in the end, almost certainly end up being a net loss for the economic and political well-being of black Americans. But it is not based on a fiction. Not entirely. We can argue (and should argue) over the data regarding black Americans’ interactions with the police, but there really isn’t any arguing that a significant share of America’s radically bifurcated black population is in a pretty grim position vis-a-vis municipal services, of which the police are one high-profile example among many. Given the state of education, housing programs, economic development, and simple services such as trash-collection in many black communities, it doesn’t exactly beggar belief to consider that African-Americans may be in many cases poorly served by the police, too.

Pardon me for noticing, though: Who, exactly, is in charge of these cities and city agencies about which African-Americans do have many legitimate complaints? Philadelphia, Cleveland, Detroit, Baltimore, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago: Not exactly famous enclaves of conservative Republican political dominance. Because Dallas is in Texas, people sometimes forget that it is a city like any other American city, and Democrat-dominated. In Dallas, as in Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Detroit, that Democrat domination is due in great part to a black Democratic voting bloc.

Eventually, someone is going to figure out that the black progressives protesting municipal arrangements in places such as Baltimore are protesting the municipal arrangements created by black progressives working for the interests of the Democratic party. Dallas’s racial politics aren’t as one-sided as Detroit’s, and neither are its party politics; it is Democratic, but not as lopsidedly Democratic as, say, Philadelphia. It even has had a Republican mayor (the office is technically nonpartisan) within living memory. No doubt somebody in Dallas already is trying to figure out a way to blame that mayor for the murder of those five police officers.

America’s cities are mostly a mess. America’s cities are mostly run by Democrats. With a few exceptions (San Diego and Indianapolis, and, until recently, New York) Republicans haven’t had much of a chance, politically, in the large cities.

What we’ve had since the middle 1960s was a grand experiment: What would progressives do if given political hegemony, with essentially no meaningful opposition, in America’s cities?

The protesters in Dallas know. The ones in Baltimore know even better. Barack Obama came into office promising an era of racial healing, and instead we’re back to something like the 1960s on a more modest (so far) scale: race riots and snipers. This isn’t the sunny uplands of history — it’s Newark.

Which is why Democrats would prefer to talk about the NRA, or the specter of “right-wing terrorism,” or anything else other than the reality on the ground.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/437647/democratic-party-urban-poverty-distract-blame-gop