Williams speech/Alton/Philando/Dallas shootings

Reading this is hilarious. We are upset because two ignorant fools died? Boo hoo. Don't resist arrest, fight or act like an ass. And dont just say I have a gun. And if that **** matters, Jesus aint gonna bring your idiot boyfriend back as you live stream it.

You're an idiot.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean why did they approve a concealed firearms permit for a black guy in the first place.

Wth.

Affirmative action quotas.

The 2nd amendment is only applicable for white people.

A strict constructionist would believe that he was only allowed to carry 3/5 of a gun.

Former President George W. Bush's statement on the Dallas shootings............where he lives

Laura and I are heartbroken by the heinous acts of violence in our city last night. Murdering the innocent is always evil, never more so than when the lives taken belong to those who protect our families and communities.

Laura and I have seen firsthand the dedication, professionalism, and courage of the Dallas Police Department. Their commitment to safety and justice makes us proud to call Dallas home. Our hearts go out to the families of the fallen. We pray for the wounded officers to recover fully and quickly. We commend Mayor Rawlings, Chief Brown, and all our city’s leaders and public servants who continue to organize an effective response to this tragedy. And we join our fellow citizens in saluting the fine law enforcement officers in Dallas and across the country who put their own lives on the line to keep all lives safe.

Yeah, pretty much none of this has anything to do with what I wrote. But, y'know, thanks...I guess...for, y'know, whatever it is you're trying to say. It was a good effort.

What happened the past two days is concerning, but if the police in this country were actively out to hunt down and murder blacks, don't you think it would be reported more often?

Over the course of a year, you may have a few incidents like this, and yes, they are very bad and typically action is taken immediately to do everything possible to cut down on this.

But while we sit here typing about something that happened over the past two days, 10 black people were murdered in Chicago last weekend and 55 more were shot. JUST LAST WEEKEND!

Where is the concern? There is none. Why? Because the people who think white cops shooting black people is a problem don't care about the black people getting shot. They care about their political agenda. You see Obama making a speech today? Did he make one about his hometown after 10 blacks were murdered?

No.

It's a problem, but don't let the race-baiters get your dander up. If they really cared about black people being randomly murdered, they wouldn't wait for a white cop to do it before they start yelling.

That's exactly what I was about to post about your reply!

I do not think the cops are out to kill black people. I do not think the cops involved in the most recent incidents were out to kill black people. While I've been skeptical and reluctant to accept this perspective, its become increasingly difficult to dismiss the idea that these situations play out differently for whites and blacks. I'm finding it more difficult to believe that the situation in Minnesota escalates similarly for whites and blacks. Again for the slow kids in the back, I'm not suggesting systematic racism. I think there are other less nefarious factors which could explain why that may be the case.

A quick glance at the crime statistics, which we are all generally aware of here and law enforcement is certainly aware of, could certainly cause a cop to be more on edge when apprehending a black suspect relative to a white suspect (perhaps that's just good police work in assessing relative risk).

Anecdotes from the black community (no I'm not basing this solely on Chappelle's Killing them Softly and movies like Menace II Society, just 75%) tell a story of fear and mistrust of the police, whereas the white community generally doesn't fear the police. I certainly do not fear the police. My experiences with law enforcement have been very positive, which is why I've been reluctant to accept the idea which I'm now describing.

If both sides of the equation are more fearful, edgy, and have less trust, bad outcomes are more likely. The narrative that has captured the media's attention so often over the past 18 months of trigger happy cops killing blacks and subsequent retaliations is furthering a cycle of fear and mistrust. I view it as a positive feedback loop that can operate completely independent of racism and evil cops.

And now time for the bad analogy: I'll compare the arrest scenario to a person encountering a big dog like a german shepherd.

Lets say the person in the equation grew up in the burbs in a house where you kiss the dog on the mouth and your wife on the cheek. That man is definitely not scared of the big dog even though it could totally f@#$ him up. In turn the dog is calm and walks over for a pat on the head and a belly rub.

Now if the person grew up in the house with tales of vicious german shepherds (the original pitbull), that man sees the dog coming and is scared or nervous. The dog can sense it, which in turn heightens the dog's attention. The dog is now uneasy and it shows in the body language, making the person who was already on edge much more concerned. And now the dog is freaked out and its barking, and the person is getting ready to fend off the increasingly aggressive dog, and on it goes until the guy gets bit.

Edited by Jauronimo

Yes but the raw numbers don't account for situations or opportunities. Could it be that black males are rightfully engaged by police far more often? Crime rates would strongly suggest yes.

I took a cursory look at the WaPo numbers.

82% of white shootings involved a deadly weapon and 6.5% were categorized as unarmed. 80% of white shooting were described as attack in progress and 20% were labeled other or undetermined.

73% of black shooting involved a deadly weapon and 14.7% were categorized as unarmed. 71% were described as attack in progress and 29% were labeled other or undetermined.

Take from it what you will, but I thought it was interesting. The categorization is obviously rather subjective and the numbers don't look particularly damning, but the skew toward other, undetermined and unarmed with regard to black shootings relative to whites is worth consideration.

!@#$s operating outside the criminal justice system = Degenerates.

Too these poorly educated !@#$s, anarchy is viewed as fun and games. But they don't realize anarchy will spread in ways they (none of us) want.

When marauding hoards are raging out of control, commiting rape and pillaging, todays degenerate will be like "where are the police when you need them"

!@#$ you all.

Too these poorly educated !@#$s, anarchy is viewed as fun and games. But they don't realize anarchy will spread in ways they (none of us) want.

When marauding hoards are raging out of control, commiting rape and pillaging, todays degenerate will be like "where are the police when you need them"

!@#$ you all.

The pleasure was mine.

!@#$ you all.

Another cop who can't keep his cool ? Wowie.

I know some college grads who want your job.

Another cop who can't keep his cool ? Wowie.

I know some college grads who want your job.

I like your Bills posts. Your politics... not so much so.

PS: my keyboard anger is way < than a sociopath shooting & killing people.

!@#$ you all.

The irony of the protesters (at the very on set of the ambush) didn't know what was happening and one second were screaming at the police to literally running behind them for protection.

I think that irony is lost on them.

Watching these BLM jackasses celebrating this ambush while it was in progress made me almost as mad as watching Muslims celebrating when 9/11 happened. That's what it reminded me of and I'm disgusted by it.

The irony of the protesters (at the very on set of the ambush) didn't know what was happening and one second were screaming at the police to literally running behind them for protection.

I think that irony is lost on them.

Watching these BLM jackasses celebrating this ambush while it was in progress made me almost as mad as watching Muslims celebrating when 9/11 happened. That's what it reminded me of and I'm disgusted by it.

It was pretty disgusting. It is almost as if the lives of cops mattered...some what....less than other lives?