Dez Lewis #3 WR?

And it's tremendous for Dez and the team if he's making progress.

I just want to see it with my own eyes before I buy it. When the bullets start flying is when old habits come back.

I think your take is completely fair

however

It is important to note that Dez was completely invisable last this point last year. Just lost.

Its a start.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a motivator for the player too and gives the coaching staff an opportunity to see if he looks good/can handle being with the first group. Same reason Blake is getting a chance at TE. Don't know about inside track though, probably just exploring the unknown. It's good he's earned those reps, far better than not hearing anything about him.

i used that phrasing as it was in the article specifically.

I don't know how "good" you'd call these guys, but here's what I've got:

Seantrel Henderson (2014, R7) has started 26 games in his first 2 seasons

Arthur Moats (2010, R6) has started 40 games over 6 years with 2 teams; coming off back-to-back 4-sack seasons as a role player

Ellis Lankster (2009, R7) played for 5 seasons, and had back-to-back years with the Jets in which he played 15 games

Then you get all the way back to Stevie and Demetrius/Demetress Bell in 2007 (R7) and Kyle Williams in 2006 (R5).

Yeah, I meant closer to Kyle Williams territory. Not just solid role players.

You're both right.

I thought Dez looked absolutely lost last year, and had completely written him off.

That said, the biggest positive that I can glean from what the media reports is that Dez is apparently impressing the staff enough that his reps with the 1's are increased significantly, so that tells me that the staff is seeing something.

Now, how that evolves as the offseason progresses is anyone's guess at this point, but it would be enormous if a guy with Dez's measurables could become a contributor.

It would also shock my socks off.

I say this faily often... but I agree 100% with Bandit.

I'm a big fan of taking chances on physically gifted prospects from small schools in late rounds of the draft. Often those guys don't get the best quality coaching and haven't fully developed. Give them some time with NFL coaches and you can find a diamond every once in awhile. It'd be nice for Dez to be one. The Bills really need some help at WR. It's too early to get too excited, but I'll be watching him.

Edited by BarleyNY

I'm skeptical as to just how good Lewis is doing. Still, this is a positive.

I had almost no expectations from him last year. Yes he has good measureables, but there was a reason why he was a late round pick.

Some WR's take a few years to become a quality player in the NFL, and if Lewis can show that he's improved, that would be great.

Although, I'll wait until I see him in real game time action. I still think that guys like Salas & Hankerson are more realistic options at #3, due to their experience.

We shall see.

When you're one of the biggest kids in the kiddy pool you tend to look more impressive. First team reps mean nothing for our lack of WR. Woods is vastly underrated and will be a goat this year, Watkins is a #1. Other than that who do we have? Easy for even a bum to get reps. Goodwin would be getting a lot of time right now, too

Pretty much.

I think Goodwin can be a good receiver, unfortunately he gets injured very easily and is more concerned about the Olympic games.

Love me some Watkins. Woods is eh, and everyone else is below average to bad. I thought they should've went after another legitimate WR in the off season either through the draft or FA and they obviously passed....Really hope this Watkins injury doesn't linger because if it does they are in trouble.

woods is a legit #2. He had better #'s than most of the FA wrs everyone wanted to bring in. Give him a top 5 qb; roethlisberger, Rodgers, manning, Brady, Wilson. He'd be famous

Watkins, obviously, is the #1 if he's healthy. There isn't another WR on the team even close to his ability. Based on the rhetoric right now in OTA's and mandatory camp, Robert Woods appears to be the clear #2. Is Dez White's stock rising? Given that we're hearing about him and almost nothing of many of the other guys, I would say so. We're hearing about him from the coaches. Little, Boykin, Hankerson, and Salas, not so much noise. Not a whole lot for the rookie and Goodwin is only in the news as an Olympic hopeful. If Lewis is he #3 right now, that's great news. It's further than he was last year for sure. I'll take all the positive reports though with a grain of salt. Let's see them suit up in the preseason before we pass judgement.

Dez still has a LOOOOONG way to go.... Greg Salas... -Now that could be our stud wideout in-waiting.... LOVE the way he wrangles-in those contested passes.

when did he do that?

He caught 3 passes and Tyrod threw him open on two.

You are making stuff up now.

: )

Watkins, obviously, is the #1 if he's healthy. There isn't another WR on the team even close to his ability. Based on the rhetoric right now in OTA's and mandatory camp, Robert Woods appears to be the clear #2. Is Dez White's stock rising? Given that we're hearing about him and almost nothing of many of the other guys, I would say so. We're hearing about him from the coaches. Little, Boykin, Hankerson, and Salas, not so much noise. Not a whole lot for the rookie and Goodwin is only in the news as an Olympic hopeful. If Lewis is he #3 right now, that's great news. It's further than he was last year for sure. I'll take all the positive reports though with a grain of salt. Let's see them suit up in the preseason before we pass judgement.

Without question.

But it is fun to discuss after getting some positive reports from both media and Rex.

I do expect Salas is going to get the 3-4 position. if he can return punts as Ryan has mentioned , he will lock a roster spot down