Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

Did you see the mouse under McCabe's eye as a result of the hit? He had a huge Frankenstein scar underneath it, multiple stitches. That was one monster hit.

I thought he got it during the scrum afterwards.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That hit hurt just to watch. Clean hit, too.

Anyone hear any news on Laine's status?

I'm just seeing this for the first time. It looked like Laine was knocked out at the moment of contact. Kind of odd. Still, it's a perfect example of something that drives me mad in today's NHL. You throw a perfect clean hit and you have to be immediately jumped by the entire other team. I'm not really sure how that's only a roughing minor there.

I'm just seeing this for the first time. It looked like Laine was knocked out at the moment of contact. Kind of odd. Still, it's a perfect example of something that drives me mad in today's NHL. You throw a perfect clean hit and you have to be immediately jumped by the entire other team. I'm not really sure how that's only a roughing minor there.

It looked like a pretty clean hit to me. I could be mistaken, but I didn't see anything to Laine's head. Looked more like a chest bump than anything. I think Laine may have been imbellishing just a little bit. Sally boy.

Did you see the mouse under McCabe's eye as a result of the hit? He had a huge Frankenstein scar underneath it, multiple stitches. That was one monster hit.

Mouse? Looks more rat sized.

I think the cut might have come from the elbow he took to his face from Wpg #55.

It looked like a pretty clean hit to me. I could be mistaken, but I didn't see anything to Laine's head. Looked more like a chest bump than anything. I think Laine may have been imbellishing just a little bit. Sally boy.

@WiebeSunSports

#NHLJets HC Paul Maurice confirms it's a concussion for F Patrik Laine. He's in good spirits, but no timetable for his return

Laine's head smashed McCabe's face.

C1mKsJwXcAI32fZ.jpg

Buffalo area. I've never known another Sens fan. :lol:

I'll bet! At least you have company when they come into town. Seems like a lot of Canadians wearing Sens jerseys at those games.

I really hate that, too. If it's a dirty hit, I'm all for having to pay for it. But, a clean hit - that's BS.

Laine's head smashed McCabe's face.

C1mKsJwXcAI32fZ.jpg

WTH - Laine should be suspended for this!

I think his own shield cut him and it happened when #55 elbowed him during their initial contact.

And I have absolutely ZERO issue with anyone starting a fight over a hard check on a star player. I'd lose my mind if someone hit Eichel, O'Reilly, or Risto the way Laine got hit and the Sabres just skated off like "oh well, it was clean."

Screw that.

You throw a perfect clean hit and you have to be immediately jumped by the entire other team. I'm not really sure how that's only a roughing minor there.

I really hate that, too. If it's a dirty hit, I'm all for having to pay for it. But, a clean hit - that's BS.

Laine is their Jack Eichel. If that was Eichel getting laid out like that (clean hit), would you be content with no response from our team?

Edited by QCity

Laine is their Jack Eichel. If that was Eichel getting laid out like that (clean hit), would you be content with no response from our team?

Yes I'd still hate it. Laine did that to himself. Some players are far more aware in that spot than others. So they can jump people for that all they want, I just wish the league would follow up with more than a two minute minor.

I guess it's the "code" so it would have to be done...............I HATE the code.

I think his own shield cut him and it happened when #55 elbowed him during their initial contact.

And I have absolutely ZERO issue with anyone starting a fight over a hard check on a star player. I'd lose my mind if someone hit Eichel, O'Reilly, or Risto the way Laine got hit and the Sabres just skated off like "oh well, it was clean."

Screw that.

Tell you what still drives me nuts about this team..in the post game Gionta said something to the effect

" its their star player, clean or not they needed to retaliate, if they did not they should and would be embarassed"

And yet Boychuck runs Jack with ZERO response until the next game...and one wonders why the building is dead most nights

Tell you what still drives me nuts about this team..in the post game Gionta said something to the effect

" its their star player, clean or not they needed to retaliate, if they did not they should and would be embarassed"

And yet Boychuck runs Jack with ZERO response until the next game...and one wonders why the building is dead most nights

If you watched the post game fight it was more like a pro wrestling match than an actual payback fight. It was mostly pro forma and staged. It was an obligatory act of support for Laine. Byfugllien is one of the toughest and best fighters in the NHL. If he wanted to exact revenge for the hit he would have actually hit someone instead of allowing himself to be tied up and have Gionta act like a monkey on his back blindly swinging and mostly hitting the air. There was plenty of girly giggling from both teams when the theatrics were concluded.

Lehner is a big dude. And he periodically goes through his crazy man act. If he was matched up against Byfugllien he would get his elephant size asss kicked in by arguably the toughest guy in the league.

If you watched the post game fight it was more like a pro wrestling match than an actual payback fight. It was mostly pro forma and staged. It was an obligatory act of support for Laine. Byfugllien is one of the toughest and best fighters in the NHL. If he wanted to exact revenge for the hit he would have actually hit someone instead of allowing himself to be tied up and have Gionta act like a monkey on his back blindly swinging and mostly hitting the air. There was plenty of girly giggling from both teams when the theatrics were concluded.

Lehner is a big dude. And he periodically goes through his crazy man act. If he was matched up against Byfugllien he would get his elephant size asss kicked in by arguably the toughest guy in the league.

I am talking about Sheiffle(sp) actually going at McCabe, something not even one Sabre did after the Boychuck hit.

I am talking about Sheiffle(sp) actually going at McCabe, something not even one Sabre did after the Boychuck hit.

Scheifele did respond to the hit by immediately going after McCabe. But if you watched the other Winnipeg players they didn't respond with authentic anger. Players were pairing off with little intention of paying back for a clean hit that was obvious to all.

I realize you are talking about a separate issue that relates to players sticking up for their teammates as reflected by your Eichel hit example. For me fighting doesn't belong in the game. It is a neanderthal mentality that isn't tolerated in any of the other standard pro sports. Especially in this era of concussion awareness punching (mostly to the head) shouldn't be part of the game.

Kane is one of our better fighters and scorers. What is to be gained by him punching someone and then breaking his hand for the sake of upholding the outdated code of retribution? Fighting is not part of the college games and its not part of the Olympic games. And make no mistake about it both are still a tough brand of hockey and both have a greater and more aesthetic flow to their respective sports.