Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

coG1o4Jx_200x200.jpgVS. 7x0FMbmZ_200x200.jpg

JETS (19-19-3) at SABRES (14-15-9)

SAT JAN 7, 2017 @ 1:00 PM ET

TV: MSG-B

RADIO: WGR 550

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 188)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clots, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 38 games
Tyler Ennis (groin, Nov. 9; injured reserve) – 26 games
Dmitry Kulikov (lower back, Dec. 29; injured reserve) – 4 games
Johan Larsson (wrist, Jan. 3) – 2 games
William Carrier (illness, Jan. 5) – 1 game

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
1/3: Recalled F Taylor Fedun from Rochester (AHL); Placed F Ryan O’Reilly on IR (retroactive to 12/25)
1/5: Activated F Ryan O’Reilly from IR; Placed D Dmitry Kulikov on IR (retroactive to 12/27)

UPCOMING GAMES
Tuesday, Jan. 10: Philadelphia at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Thursday, Jan. 12: Buffalo at Tampa Bay, 7:30 p.m.
Friday, Jan. 13: Buffalo at Carolina, 7:30 p.m.
Monday, Jan. 16: Dallas at Buffalo, 1 p.m.
Tuesday, Jan. 17: Buffalo at Toronto, 7:30 p.m.

TODAY’S GAME

JETS at SABRES
This is the second of two meetings between the Sabres and Jets this season.
Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Winnipeg 3-1 in Winnipeg on Oct. 30, 2016
The Sabres are 4-6-0 in their last 10 games vs. the Jets; 6-3-1 at home.
This is the 59th game all-time between Buffalo and Winnipeg/Atlanta; Buffalo has a 25-22-11 series record.
The Sabres are 16-9-4 at home against the Jets/Thrashers all-time.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As a Sens fan, I'm pretty encouraged by how Colin White and Thomas Chabot looked in WJC tourney.

I'll make a deal with you. Give us one of those two prospects and we will give you back Lehner. There is no need to thank me for my generosity. :thumbsup:

As I have said on other occasions I would have rather used the first round pick for a high end prospect in the pipeline instead of dealing for the gargantuan goalie with a crazy man look when he gets mad.

Edited by JohnC

As a Sens fan, I'm pretty encouraged by how Colin White and Thomas Chabot looked in WJC tourney.

Chabot was probably the best player in the entire tourney! He's a dandy for sure! White was very consistent, I think he may have scored in every game?

Edited by thebug

I'll make a deal with you. Give us one of those two prospects and we will give you back Lehner. There is no need to thank me for my generosity. :thumbsup:

As I have said on other occasions I would have rather used the first round pick for a high end prospect in the pipeline instead of dealing for the gargantuan goalie with a crazy man look when he gets mad.

:lol: Yeah. That was a really bad trade for you guys. That 21st pick we got was Colin White. Luckily for me, they have said they're both almost untouchable in a trade.

I've been surprised that things haven't come together more for you guys. I was thinking they'd be in position for a wild card spot. I know the Sabres have been devastated by injuries, but I thought they had some nice pieces with Reinhart and Risto really coming on last year and bringing in Okposo. Maybe once they're healthy they'll go on a run.

Chabot was probably the best player in the entire tourney! He's a dandy for sure!

He definitely was. I'm still glad we sent him back down for one more year to develop though.

Maybe once they're healthy they'll go on a run.

They're healthy, that excuse is gone now.

That 3rd period was both incredibly exciting and incredibly aggravating to me. What's it going to take to get them to play like that for 60 minutes?

I was only able to watch the third period. It was a terrific to watch.

No doubt that O'Reilly was one of the best players on the ice for us (from the part that I witnessed) but the most positive takeaway was the play of Girgenson. The Gionta goal was a nifty goal from a veteran who exhibited patience that put him in position to score.

If we can get some scoring from our secondary scorers that will make a big difference.

Armia looked good in this game. Good skater with skill.

They're healthy, that excuse is gone now.

That 3rd period was both incredibly exciting and incredibly aggravating to me. What's it going to take to get them to play like that for 60 minutes?

^This. If players have to wait to get reamed by the coach on the bench and in full view, it tells me they don't have it in themselves in the first place. How many times have we seen them come out listless this year?

We need a Drury.