Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

If you had told me we'd get 3 out 4 vs. the Rags and Blackhawks on the road before we played them, I'd have been all for it.

But I am pissed that this team continues to find a way to schit its pants instead of closing out games. I am not happy knowing it should have been 4 out of 4. How many points have we left on the table now?

I hate loving this team.

Edited by K-9

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you had told me we'd get 3 out 4 vs. the Rags and Blackhawks on the road before we played them, I'd have been all for it.

But I am pissed that this team continues to find a way to schit its pants instead of closing out games. I am not happy knowing it should have been 4 out of 4. How many points have we left on the table now?

I hate loving this team.

3 out of 4 against those teams is fantastic, but I'm still P.O.ed about the 4 out of 10 they scrounged against those bad teams we played before X-mas. The collapse in the first Boston game didn't help either, and I don't really consider them to be a playoff caliber team either (they won't make it).

Eichel on a 39 goal pace over 82 games btw.

The thing that scares the crap out of me each time Nilsson starts is his rebound control. If he got a heavier work load, I could see that becoming an issue very quickly.

Nailed that one, though he kept them in the game during the first period (customary slow start).

The general criticisms of Nilsson giving up juicy rebounds is valid. But it isn't in this game. Without him as a backstop the Sabres would have been overwhelmed. He was our best player and our MVP in this game.

This game was a measuring stick game. We were fortunate to get a point out of it. For that I'm satisfied. The Hawks simply have an immensely better lineup. It seemed throughout the game the Sabres were desperately trying to hang on while holding off the constant onslaught of shots and good scoring chances.

Putting aside the scoring potency of the Blackhawks what they do very well is get the puck out of their end quickly and clearnly. The Sabres struggle at efficiently getting the puck out of their zone and as a unit moving out into the offensive zone.

The Sabres were over-matched from talent standpoint. That was evident. However, I give them credit for being gritty and hanging in there while they were being pummeled.

In this game I give Nilsson and star and I increase my admiration for O'Reilly as a player and leader. He's doesn't lead with his mouth (compared to Rex), he leads by example.

Edited by JohnC

Genius move leaving Eichel on the bench to start OT and having appendectomy guy chase P Kane around. So damn dumb.

I told my son the same thing last night...why do we have ROR out there for 3 on 3? The power play I understand, but 3 on 3 hockey is all skating....this kind of thing bugs the **** outta me when it comes to Buffalo sports. So typical.

...this kind of thing bugs the **** outta me when it comes to Buffalo sports. So typical.

Common man, it's overtime. Why wouldn't you give the ball to an aging back with negative yardage for the season?

The general criticisms of Nilsson giving up juicy rebounds is valid. But it isn't in this game. Without him as a backstop the Sabres would have been overwhelmed. He was our best player and our MVP in this game.

This game was a measuring stick game. We were fortunate to get a point out of it. For that I'm satisfied. The Hawks simply have an immensely better lineup. It seemed throughout the game the Sabres were desperately trying to hang on while holding off the constant onslaught of shots and good scoring chances.

Putting aside the scoring potency of the Blackhawks what they do very well is get the puck out of their end quickly and clearnly. The Sabres struggle at efficiently getting the puck out of their zone and as a unit moving out into the offensive zone.

The Sabres were over-matched from talent standpoint. That was evident. However, I give them credit for being gritty and hanging in there while they were being pummeled.

In this game I give Nilsson and star and I increase my admiration for O'Reilly as a player and leader. He's doesn't lead with his mouth (compared to Rex), he leads by example.

Lehner has kept the Sabres in many games after a poor 1st period as well. The Sabres D is just bad. Thin on the Blue line and the forwards are lazy at times, the Hartman goal was terrible D....The only team that can give up a last minute tying goal and be considered fortunate to get a point....

Nailed that one, though he kept them in the game during the first period (customary slow start).

I'd say I'm kicking myself for throwing that one out there right before the game, but it has been a constant with Nilsson all year. Still, when it comes to these goalies, I think the broadcast nailed it last night when they said that goalies have not been the problem with this team. Both of these goalies would look a hell of a lot better with a real team in front of them.

Lehner has kept the Sabres in many games after a poor 1st period as well. The Sabres D is just bad. Thin on the Blue line and the forwards are lazy at times, the Hartman goal was terrible D....The only team that can give up a last minute tying goal and be considered fortunate to get a point....

Bogo was one on one with Asiminov (sic) in front of the net when Kane took his shot. Without a doubt Nilsson offered up a juicy rebound. But if Bogo would have done his job the scorer would have been tied up or knocked on his behind. Then the game in which the Sabres were over-matched would have been in the win column.

Bogo was one on one with Asiminov (sic) in front of the net when Kane took his shot. Without a doubt Nilsson offered up a juicy rebound. But if Bogo would have done his job the scorer would have been tied up or knocked on his behind. Then the game in which the Sabres were over-matched would have been in the win column.

He's been disappointing to say the least. He showed signs of being a really good physical player his first 20 or so games, but has regressed, and of course all the injuries. I call him Bogoodwian. I don't know if this guy is a #6 or 7 and they're using him as a #2 or 3, but it's not like they have a lot of options...

Can a team expose a guy to Vegas if he has a no trade clause?

Good question. I want to say I remember reading something months ago that said this was the case, but I'm not entirely sure.

EDIT: Just did some cursory research and found the rules for the expansion draft. Unless a player waives his no movement clause, he can't be exposed.

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-expansion-draft-rules/c-281010592

* All players who have currently effective and continuing "No Movement" clauses at the time of the Expansion Draft (and who to decline to waive such clauses) must be protected (and will be counted toward their club's applicable protection limits).

Edited by K-9

Good question. I want to say I remember reading something months ago that said this was the case, but I'm not entirely sure.

EDIT: Just did some cursory research and found the rules for the expansion draft. Unless a player waives his no movement clause, he can't be exposed.

Yeah, I stopped the laziness and looked it up. This link has a list of who can't be moved. Only Okposo according to what they're saying. So our two links don't necessarily agree. http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/official-nhl-expansion-draft-exempt-list-contains-surprises/

Edited by snafu

Good info, although I didn't even realize Bogo had an NTC in place. It was a pipe dream really, not much demand for a 2nd pair D with a $5M+ cap hit through 2021.

Edited by QCity