Karlos is Key.

Karlos is a very nice complimentary back. I love the guy and he certainly had some great plays. But Shady should still be a special player when healthy. Karlos broke some long plays, but I'm willing to bet Shady scares defenses more. In addition to the typical injuries RB's deal with, I worry a LOT about the concussion issues with Karlos. You come back from hamstrings and ankles. Concussion histories combined with that running style are a scary combination. Hoping for the best.

Well said Augie. We have 4 RB's that can compliment each other. I loved how KW played last year, and not willing yet to say he has a concussion issue until it happens again. He admitted he had one at FSU. That's not a lot for a bruising RB. I know last year was a bad one, but he played very well outside of that three weeks. We still need Shady as the featured back, and that is where KW shines complimenting him. Thankfully JW and Gilleslie should play a decent role substituting for him if he goes down. The TT point is absolutely critical, as well as flawless execution of Rex's defense.

Rex's defense plays flawless like his old teams, and a quick decisive TT are the true keys to playoffs.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can assure you that Karlos going down isn't in the top 25 most important players you wouldn't want to lose. In fact I'd trade Karlos being injured for Shaq right this minute.

I agree, he is a nice complimentary piece. I've heard rumblings that Jonathan Williams may move into the number 2 role in the not too distant future. We will see but the backfield is loaded. The backup RB is a nice player but when you have a top 5-10 back in front of him his impact is mitigated.

We still have the rookie, RBs will be fine. TT is the key, if he doesn't improve neither do we.

Good point BB (you can add his health to that as well).

I agree, he is a nice complimentary piece. I've heard rumblings that Jonathan Williams may move into the number 2 role in the not too distant future. We will see but the backfield is loaded. The backup RB is a nice player but when you have a top 5-10 back in front of him his impact is mitigated.

Just curious, but based on what? They've only had rookie minicamp and OTA's.

Shaq who? -O'neal?

Because the only other Shaq I know of hasn't played a single down in the NFL, or any other pro sport... Karlos hit paydirt on his first carry... After that he just seemed to get BETTER at it... He's displayed Elusivity as a runner. -Soft hands as a receiver. -Reliability as a scorer... -I'd take that ANY DAY over a kid who, while very talented, has zero body of work at this level.

So by this logic, you would take Karlos Williams over Zeke Elliott?!? That would put you on an island. There's isn't a personnel guy in the league that would prefer Karlos to Zeke. Having not played a down has nothing to do with how you will play when you get out there. Skills translate to the league. Everyone is a rookie at some point.

Just curious, but based on what? They've only had rookie minicamp and OTA's.

The rumblings that I've heard from inside of OBD. Apparently they were really high on him but he's far quicker and more explosive than even they thought. He will get a chance. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Nothing against the McCoy fans out there, but I'm 100% convinced that Special K's health and participation is KEY to us having any chance at a playoff run this season...

Seven rushing, two receiving TD's, and an average of 5.6 yards per carry may not knock your socks off, but when put up against the fact that he only started 3 games, ya gotta be impressed.

His production dwarfed that of the highly touted 2nd round rookie Ameer Abdullah, and easily eclipsed that of veteran Lesean "shady" Mcoy...

Most importantly though, the leadership (as a scoring threat) that he adds to our backfield is invaluable... I certainly don't get that pre-madonna :) vibe from this kid at all... Just seems like the lunch-pail, workhorse, team-player, energy that Fredex brought every day....

If I'm the training staff, Karlos Williams' health is a PRIORITY... He is without a doubt our best home run threat if we somehow find ourselves without Sammy. No one knows how Rex and Rob's D will pan out... I billieve Karlos could be the guy that gets critical points and 1st downs in those games that could go either way. VIVA KARLOS! -and GO BILLS!

We're Bills fans.............

If you lamb baste him for this he might lose his self of steam.

You forgot "prolly".

"If you lamb baste him for this he will prolly lose his self of steam."

There fixed it.

Edited by chris heff

We still have the rookie, RBs will be fine. TT is the key, if he doesn't improve neither do we.

BB while I agree with you the RBs will be fine, we differ on what the key is. The defense is the key in my opinion. While I know Tyrod still has a ways to go to be a complete QB, he did kept his turnovers and major mistakes down. But make no mistake the defense was the reason we missed the playoffs. The defense has got to be able to stop offenses consistently and keep them off the scoreboard. 11 out of the 12 points per game defenses made the playoffs last year. The only exception was Washington who was in a terrible division and shouldn't have made the playoffs in the first place.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

We have an EXTREMELY deep group of RB's on this team. We have 4 guys, if not 5, that will all contribute at some point or another IMO. No one injury can break us at the RB position. Hell, we might even be able to get by unscathed if a couple of guys miss games at any point this year. Tyrod's progression will be a major factor as will the OL's. Hoping that Miller takes a nice step forward this year and that somebody, anybody can hold their own at the RT spot. The WR group is where we can't afford to lose anyone. We need a healthy Watkins and Woods this year because everyone behind them is completely unproven.

We have an EXTREMELY deep group of RB's on this team. We have 4 guys, if not 5, that will all contribute at some point or another IMO. No one injury can break us at the RB position. Hell, we might even be able to get by unscathed if a couple of guys miss games at any point this year. Tyrod's progression will be a major factor as will the OL's. Hoping that Miller takes a nice step forward this year and that somebody, anybody can hold their own at the RT spot. The WR group is where we can't afford to lose anyone. We need a healthy Watkins and Woods this year because everyone behind them is completely unproven.

I think by the end of the year we'll all be glad we drafted Williams. McCoy and Karlos will probably miss games and Giselle is over-hyped here. Yes he had a couple of nice runs that Beerboy could have made because the lanes were so wide and sure I'll root for him, but we picked him up as a mid season FA and had no expectations. I think our expectations need to remain low. The film on this rookie is well beyond intriguing. He'll get a lot of chances.

I think all of the backs are important. Shady's gonna be Shady, which is a top 5 back in the league. Able to cut and change directions

on a dime and always a threat. Karlos is a different style back, he's got the power and also has a nose for the endzone. Gillislee proved

his worth too. And the rookie was great value where taken and a good insurance policy for Karlos's possible concussion issues, being

a bigger back himself.

But, the fact that all three of the backs from last year excelled speaks as much to G-ROs schemes and the play of the Oline as it does

to their individual talents. Having said that, no doubt, this is a top 5 backfield, talent-wise and I think they will all be utilized

(including the fullbacks). Think of the options that a creative run game coordinator has with that group. Everything is open to you.

You have power and finesse, you can pound the middle and turn the corner, each guy has proven he can be a homerun threat,

they can all catch out of the backfield---opening up screens and disguised pass plays, the play action threat, etc. I think this offense

is poised to takeoff and everyone of the parts will be key to the whole.

But, I'm with you on the love for Karlos OP!

Some days i am just delighted to participate here, albeit in my limited fashion : )

Why say anything when it can be so much better executed by a fellow poster like Folz, and others.

All i need to write is " what he said " ^

The combo of G-Ro and this quartet ( yes four ) of RBs in the stable is easily the strength and foundation for the Bills !!

each one offer a different style of stepping and defenses need to be aware of who is back there because they can each hurt you different ways.

And I love all these guys, and i love the run game ! Get more from Felton and ya got a brutal arsenal .

Keep an eye on My Boy, J Williams.

5.6 yards/carry should knock your socks off. The thing that I think most people overlook though, is that it's easier to put up gaudy ypc numbers in spot duty/as a role player. He was far more effective last year as a change of pace back to a healthy McCoy as opposed to when he was the clear cut starter and got 20 carries a game. Very few guys can take 20 carries a game and be consistently effective (even though they may not average 5.6 ypc) and that is why McCoy is a special back. As a 1-2 punch when they're both fully healthy they're amazing together. We really need them both to stay healthy.

love Karlos but until i feel we can rely on him every week, your not going to game plan around him

Not sure what you mean?

If he is not dressed , Teams do not game plan for him I would guess ?

If he is I think sure better game plan for his style. Kiko wont be able to tackle him thats for sure : )

So by this logic, you would take Karlos Williams over Zeke Elliott?!? That would put you on an island. There's isn't a personnel guy in the league that would prefer Karlos to Zeke. Having not played a down has nothing to do with how you will play when you get out there. Skills translate to the league. Everyone is a rookie at some point.

The rumblings that I've heard from inside of OBD. Apparently they were really high on him but he's far quicker and more explosive than even they thought. He will get a chance.

No... By that logic I would KEEP Karlos Williams in a hypothetical, trade situation with Elliot... That said, If they had been in the same draft, I would have almost certainly opted for Elliot... However, since they were drafted a year apart, I'd stick with the known quantity I have in Williams.

And that's the thing about a versatile back like Karlos... Even If Tyrod doesn't improve, we STILL have a chance to play in January if Karlos can fill in the gaps... Even as a change of pace back, he outscored McCoy nearly 2 to 1... I don't know what Tyrod will do... What I do know is that long runs will help out an offense known for NOT throwing the ball a whole lot.

It also seems to me that a bruising back with major catch "n" run ability is the ultimate french benefit for a cautious passer like Tyrod. -Just sayin'.

Edited by #34fan

No... By that logic I would KEEP Karlos Williams in a hypothetical, trade situation with Elliot... That said, If they had been in the same draft, I would have almost certainly opted for Elliot... However, since they were drafted a year apart, I'd stick with the known quantity I have in Williams.

So just to clarify if the Cowboys called tomorrow and offered Elliott for Karlos you would decline?

The rumblings that I've heard from inside of OBD. Apparently they were really high on him but he's far quicker and more explosive than even they thought. He will get a chance.

The nice thing about WIlliams is we have him for a while even if he is back number 3

Even though we were great in the ground game I still felt we were hurting for running backs who could keep those 1st downs coming in the Boom Herron stage of last year.