Karlos is Key.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCoy is our featured back. Karlos is a really good second punch but he is a few concussions away from his career ending early- it sucks but the way the NFL is now. Anyone who watched Karlos last year knows that when he is healthy he is a special player in his own right, but hes not Shady special.

If Karlos can remain healthy, he will be an INdispensable player on this team. His knack for the endzone in my view was remarkable and he is exactly the type of back that fits the identity of this offense, which is a big, fast physical back that hits the hole hard.

The line needs to do it's job in order for the offense to move at all. I'm concerned about the right side, but trust that smarter people than me will see to it.

Karlos is a great downhill runner, but needs the front 5 to do their jobs in order to gather some steam.

The line needs to do it's job in order for the offense to move at all. I'm concerned about the right side, but trust that smarter people than me will see to it.

Karlos is a great downhill runner, but needs the front 5 to do their jobs in order to gather some steam.

There is a misconception out there that the Bills line is in trouble because the right side has some question marks. We are so accustomed to the OL struggling that we miss how good they were and can become. To put a little perspective to it there was a tweet in the last few weeks (thought it was from Bucky Brooks but I can't find it) ranking the Bills as the 2nd best OL in football. I would have at least Dallas and Oakland ahead of them but still. They are, by just about any measure, a top 10 unit. The OL is a strength on this team not a weakness.

We focus too much on an individual player on the OL. All that matters is how the entire unit functions. Cordy Glenn could not give up a tackle all year and the Bills could have the worst OL in football. Obviously, that is an extreme example but it holds true. An offensive lineman can't control the outcome of a play. That is the only place on the field where that holds true (besides maybe DB). The unit controls their effectiveness. As a whole the Bills OL was really good the 2nd half of last year and are extremely well coached. That guy may be a lunatic but he is a damn good football coach.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

That guy may be a lunatic but he is a damn good football coach.

Please do not post things like that. That would be like me posting "That guy Kirby Jackson may be a lunatic but he is a damn good poster.". Anything may be - the Browns may be the first four consecutive Superbowl champ but it is not likely.

He was involved in situation where we do not know all of the facts but because of his position he could not defend himself properly. There was a lot of questionable reporting in that case just as for McCoy including stories changed multiple times and due to ages of delinquents we may never know full story. I am tried of people being judged by the press.

Please do not post things like that. That would be like me posting "That guy Kirby Jackson may be a lunatic but he is a damn good poster.". Anything may be - the Browns may be the first four consecutive Superbowl champ but it is not likely.

He was involved in situation where we do not know all of the facts but because of his position he could not defend himself properly. There was a lot of questionable reporting in that case just as for McCoy including stories changed multiple times and due to ages of delinquents we may never know full story. I am tried of people being judged by the press.

There are other stories from his time down in New Orleans as well that I've heard (not too mention anonymously ripping his QB in Chicago). We are not all naïve enough to think that nothing happened in that particular situation. if he was innocent he wouldn't have been suspended for 6 games. I stand by Kromer being a little off. You are what your record says you are.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Does anybody else remember how ineffective our run game was when Shady was out? See the Giants, Titans, and last Jets games (ignore the Dallas game as its highly inconvenient to the argument I'm advancing). Gillislee also averaged 5.7 ypc and chipped in 3 TDs in half as many carries. I think its pretty telling that both our 2nd and 3rd string RBs put up very strong numbers (nearly identical) in the change of pace spot while both generally underperformed their season averages in games that Shady missed (again, ignore Dallas on the grounds of inconvenience).

There is a misconception out there that the Bills line is in trouble because the right side has some question marks. We are so accustomed to the OL struggling that we miss how good they were and can become. To put a little perspective to it there was a tweet in the last few weeks (thought it was from Bucky Brooks but I can't find it) ranking the Bills as the 2nd best OL in football. I would have at least Dallas and Oakland ahead of them but still. They are, by just about any measure, a top 10 unit. The OL is a strength on this team not a weakness.

We focus too much on an individual player on the OL. All that matters is how the entire unit functions. Cordy Glenn could not give up a tackle all year and the Bills could have the worst OL in football. Obviously, that is an extreme example but it holds true. An offensive lineman can't control the outcome of a play. That is the only place on the field where that holds true (besides maybe DB). The unit controls their effectiveness. As a whole the Bills OL was really good the 2nd half of last year and are extremely well coached. That guy may be a lunatic but he is a damn good football coach.

But it just might be a lunatic you're looking for.

I don't like Kromer as I think he broke the code in Chicago when he threw is starting QB under the bus, but his players seem to respond to his methods and you have to be a good coach for that to happen.

GO BILLS!!!

But it just might be a lunatic you're looking for.

I don't like Kromer as I think he broke the code in Chicago when he threw is starting QB under the bus, but his players seem to respond to his methods and you have to be a good coach for that to happen.

GO BILLS!!!

Sums up my take as well.

If you were to look at the leading rushers in the NFL, many had back ups that averaged higher in yards per carry and they did.

A vast over-generalization on your part.

Here are the stats:

MG and Karlos........140 carries, 5.6 avg, 10 TD's

LeSean....................203 carries 4.4 avg. 3 TD's

The separating factor between LeSean's "backups" and the others that you didn't even produce is that these guys put the ball in the end zone.

"If you were to look at the leading rushers in the NFL" would many backups not only average over a yard more on more than 2/3 of the amount of handoffs AND score 3+ times as many TD's?

And it's not like these guys just came in to do the heavy lifting at the goal line for the lead scat-back like Detroit used to do with Barry Sanders.......MG and Karlos found the end zone from distance........and they did because they ran to daylight rather than trying to create it running sideways.

As I've said before the ones making excuses for his lack of big plays and TD's are the fans.........not McCoy........he knows better.

The tape doesn't lie........hopefully the sack of sh*t belly bombers that Chip fed him in December was just the slice of humble LeSean needed to get with a coaches program instead of thinking LeSean knows best and everyone else must be racist or something. :thumbsup:

Edited by #BADOL

Does anybody else remember how ineffective our run game was when Shady was out? See the Giants, Titans, and last Jets games (ignore the Dallas game as its highly inconvenient to the argument I'm advancing). Gillislee also averaged 5.7 ypc and chipped in 3 TDs in half as many carries. I think its pretty telling that both our 2nd and 3rd string RBs put up very strong numbers (nearly identical) in the change of pace spot while both generally underperformed their season averages in games that Shady missed (again, ignore Dallas on the grounds of inconvenience).

this, I think we can groom J Will to replace McCoy eventually that kid has the Juice! musta threw Pac off the roof!

A vast over-generalization on your part.

Here are the stats:

MG and Karlos........140 carries, 5.6 avg, 10 TD's

LeSean....................203 carries 4.4 avg. 3 TD's

The separating factor between LeSean's "backups" and the others that you didn't even produce is that these guys put the ball in the end zone.

"If you were to look at the leading rushers in the NFL" would many backups not only average over a yard more on more than 2/3 of the amount of handoffs AND score 3+ times as many TD's?

And it's not like these guys just came in to do the heavy lifting at the goal line for the lead scat-back like Detroit used to do with Barry Sanders.......MG and Karlos found the end zone from distance........and they did because they ran to daylight rather than trying to create it running sideways.

As I've said before the ones making excuses for his lack of big plays and TD's are the fans.........not McCoy........he knows better.

The tape doesn't lie........hopefully the sack of sh*t belly bombers that Chip fed him in December was just the slice of humble LeSean needed to get with a coaches program instead of thinking LeSean knows best and everyone else must be racist or something. :thumbsup:

Right the tape doesnt lie, and the tape shows that Los and Gillislee were only effective (minus Gillislee in Dallas) when they were change of pace backs. All this hate Shady gets make idiots downplay Shadys value to the team when hes on the field, thats crazy, you dont have to like McCoy but you wpuld have to be really ignorant or deepley swayed by your emotions to not respect his talent. AND he was injured most of last season, when he plays this year hes gonna put up better #s.

Edited by Marty McFly

Right the tape doesnt lie, and the tape shows that Los and Gillislee were only effective (minus Gillislee in Dallas) when they were change of pace backs.

They ran for a better average and scored more rushing TD's than McCoy did ALL SEASON in just the 2.5 games after he blew his MCL.

They also played well when he was in the lineup.

They ran for a better average and scored more rushing TD's than McCoy did ALL SEASON in just the 2.5 games after he blew his MCL.

So...you think they are franchise RB's?

I really like Karlos and the spark he brought last year can't be denied but Jonathan Williams is the future behind Shady and after. I fear off field will be Karlos downfall, I hope i'm wrong because the mans got talent.

Yah, this definitely keeps me up nights... I remember that domestic violence thing when he was at FSU... Hopefully everyone we need keeps it together until January.

dude how many ypc did Karlos have in the giants game? what about the last 3 games of the season