Karlos is Key.

So by this logic, you would take Karlos Williams over Zeke Elliott?!? That would put you on an island. There's isn't a personnel guy in the league that would prefer Karlos to Zeke. Having not played a down has nothing to do with how you will play when you get out there. Skills translate to the league. Everyone is a rookie at some point.

The rumblings that I've heard from inside of OBD. Apparently they were really high on him but he's far quicker and more explosive than even they thought. He will get a chance.

Let's hope. All they had to go on was his junior season and before since he missed last season.

Edited by Doc

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The nice thing about WIlliams is we have him for a while even if he is back number 3

Even though we were great in the ground game I still felt we were hurting for running backs who could keep those 1st downs coming in the Boom Herron stage of last year.

Yeah, it's crazy how many backs they went through. The Bill should have 4 capable RBs this year. That should be enough (hopefully). Their running game is really, really good.

Let's hope. All they had to go on was his junior season and before since he missed last season.

Yeah, there were people that said if he was healthy last year he would have been as high as the 2nd back off the board. They liked him coming out but have been thrilled with his skill set since he got in the building. He's going to get his chances.

Yeah, it's crazy how many backs they went through. The Bill should have 4 capable RBs this year. That should be enough (hopefully). Their running game is really, really good.

Yeah, there were people that said if he was healthy last year he would have been as high as the 2nd back off the board. They liked him coming out but have been thrilled with his skill set since he got in the building. He's going to get his chances.

Williams could be fine counter to Shady style for this year or next?

I am looking at him, and imagining long term. Maybe i just watched too many highlight reels though .

Williams could be fine counter to Shady style for this year or next?

I am looking at him, and imagining long term. Maybe i just watched too many highlight reels though .

If healthy, he may be the number 1 when Shady is done. I think that is reasonable. He has talent. Edited by Kirby Jackson

If healthy, we may be the number 1 when Shady is done. I think that is reasonable. He has talent.

I am glad the Bills have chosen to spoil the run game under Roman. Williams could be pretty darned good.

I think Wilder is odd man out.

what they do about FB is something to watch for me.

Felton will be here for sure, ( hope he settles down).

This is an area of great hope for me.

So i am very much looking forward to who the Bills keep in the back field and TEs

Karlos is a very nice complimentary back. I love the guy and he certainly had some great plays. But Shady should still be a special player when healthy. Karlos broke some long plays, but I'm willing to bet Shady scares defenses more. In addition to the typical injuries RB's deal with, I worry a LOT about the concussion issues with Karlos. You come back from hamstrings and ankles. Concussion histories combined with that running style are a scary combination. Hoping for the best.

And when McCoy was out of the game, Karlos struggled as the lead RB. Also, Karlos hit the rookie wall and didn't really do that well in the final quarter of the season. Here is hoping that he has a bigger role this season. The two TD passes he caught were a thing of beauty.

So just to clarify if the Cowboys called tomorrow and offered Elliott for Karlos you would decline?

Chyeah! ... And that's not saying Zeke should'nt be awesome... It's just that Karlos is a known threat who seems to fit this offense very well.

Chyeah! ... And that's not saying Zeke should'nt be awesome... It's just that Karlos is a known threat who seems to fit this offense very well.

I don't usually do this, but you are insane!! One guy has has proven that he can maybe be a 1,000 yard back (maybe). The other will be over 1,300 yards this year. Would you rather have Boom Herron than Leonard Fournette because he too has had moments in the league? I really don't understand.

Basically everyone that has had any level of success in the NFL is better than everyone that has yet to play a game? So you'd rather Geno Smith than Carson Wentz? Boyer than Goff? There is a line that you have to factor in. There isn't a person in football today that would take Karlos over Zeke (not 1).

I don't usually do this, but you are insane!! One guy has has proven that he can maybe be a 1,000 yard back (maybe). The other will be over 1,300 yards this year. Would you rather have Boom Herron than Leonard Fournette because he too has had moments in the league? I really don't understand.

Basically everyone that has had any level of success in the NFL is better than everyone that has yet to play a game? So you'd rather Geno Smith than Carson Wentz? Boyer than Goff? There is a line that you have to factor in. There isn't a person in football today that would take Karlos over Zeke (not 1).

Oh stop! -You do it ALL THE TIME. And by "IT", I mean misconstrue statements... I freely admitted that if they were in the same draft, I'd take Zeke over Karlos... They weren't, and Karlos EXCELLED with us in his first season... No way I'm giving that up for a running back who hasn't played a single down in this league... Throw something else into the pot, and then MAYBE. -Depends on who it is, but back for back? -No way...

Oh stop! -You do it ALL THE TIME. And by "IT", I mean misconstrue statements... I freely admitted that if they were in the same draft, I'd take Zeke over Karlos... They weren't, and Karlos EXCELLED with us in his first season... No way I'm giving that up for a running back who hasn't played a single down in this league... Throw something else into the pot, and then MAYBE. -Depends on who it is, but back for back? -No way...

Im not sure that anything is misconstrued. You just reaffirmed that you would not trade Karlos Williams straight up for Zeke Elliott. My point is there isn't a person in the league that wouldn't make that deal. What am I missing?

In terms of "it" I try to hold people accountable to their words. That's why I asked you to clarify. I tried to give you a chance to retract the craziness.

At the same time you said that you would take a guy that's had some success over an unproven quantity. Geno Smith has had some success (look at the game at Miami in 2014). I asked if you would take him over Wentz? It's a perfectly reasonable question based on your previous assertion.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Im not sure that anything is misconstrued. You just reaffirmed that you would not trade Karlos Williams straight up for Zeke Elliott. My point is there isn't a person in the league that wouldn't make that deal. What am I missing?

In terms of "it" I try to hold people accountable to their words. That's why I asked you to clarify. I tried to give you a chance to retract the craziness.

At the same time you said that you would take a guy that's had some success over an unproven quantity. Geno Smith has had some success (look at the game at Miami in 2014). I asked if you would take him over Wentz? It's a perfectly reasonable question based on your previous assertion.

The point is, you haven't got a point... You have an opinion... A somewhat wacky, and obtuse opinion but no less valid than anyone else's I suppose...

I shouldn't, but I'm going to indulge you with a question... WHY?....Why on earth would you make a trade like that?

A rookie 5th-rounder named Karlos Williams smashed for seven TD's, and plucked two out of the air... He carried the ball 93 times, and grabbed 25 1st downs... All this for an ad-hoc offense where nobody had any clue what was going to transpire. -Even the offensive coordinator played it by ear...

-You'd sell a kid like that out for a shiny unproven prospect?

Wow. -I thought Buddy was a lousy GM, but you might have him beat... No GM or head coach backs that trade, and keeps their job for very long afterward.

Please explain the merits of this hypothetical trade.

This is fun! Curious, but fun. I'm a big Karlos fan, but I'll take a shot at great over pretty darn good (and maybe a little lightning in a bottle with a concussion history and a bruising running style). Yes, we all have opinions. I suspect the vast majority would be on my side, but that's why we play the games. I think maybe there's not a clear understanding of how good Zeke is.

I respect everyone's opinions here....but I have to ask. Has Zeke had any issues with concussions the way Karlos has?

I LOVE Karlos and his game.....I think he can even get better....but the concussion issue will forever be on my mind.....quite simply....there will always need to be another capable RB right behind him in case he takes that blow that causes him to have to retire from a concussion

The point is, you haven't got a point... You have an opinion... A somewhat wacky, and obtuse opinion but no less valid than anyone else's I suppose...

I shouldn't, but I'm going to indulge you with a question... WHY?....Why on earth would you make a trade like that?

A rookie 5th-rounder named Karlos Williams smashed for seven TD's, and plucked two out of the air... He carried the ball 93 times, and grabbed 25 1st downs... All this for an ad-hoc offense where nobody had any clue what was going to transpire. -Even the offensive coordinator played it by ear...

-You'd sell a kid like that out for a shiny unproven prospect?

Wow. -I thought Buddy was a lousy GM, but you might have him beat... No GM or head coach backs that trade, and keeps their job for very long afterward.

Please explain the merits of this hypothetical trade.

By the way, if you think that Buddy Nix is "the worst GM in history" you don't follow much football. He isn't even the worst GM of the last decade. I guess that I'm the crazy one? Hmmm, I guess that I will give it a shot.

I would NEVER trade a dollar for 4 quarters. Karlos Williams will be a pretty productive NFL back, Zeke will be a rushing champ. He is the highest grades blocking RB to ever enter the league and his receiving skills are far beyond Williams at this point (who is a pretty good receiver). He is Le'Veon Bell in terms of skill set. That's why no one blinked when he went in the top 5.

Next, he's been a great big game player. He destroyed Wisconsin, Alabama and Oregon in route to a national title. In those 3 games he had 796 yards and 8 TDs!! He was a big time recruit and a beloved teammate. His football IQ is off the charts. He scored a 32 on the Wonderlic which is maybe the highest ever for a highly regarded RB. I think that RBs average 17. I didn't see Karlos' but FSU hasn't historically churned out rocket scientists (your son excluded Augie).

At any rate, I am certainly not the crazy one. Zeke is considered the best RB prospect since Peterson by many. No one, and I repeat no one, would keep a pretty good rotational RB over a can't miss future rushing champ. https://www.profootballfocus.com/draftezekiel-elliott-is-the-most-complete-rb-prospect-since-adrian-peterson/

Does anyone really disagree?!? The only thing that I can assume is that he hasn't seen or followed Zeke (or Fournette for that matter). Am I crazy? It is so obvious that I really don't even know what to say. Look I am a HUGE Bills fan but that doesn't mean that Bills players that are worse than others should be held on a pedestal. At the same time we shouldn't diminish Bills players who are better than their counterparts around the league. Let's call it what it is and move on.

I respect everyone's opinions here....but I have to ask. Has Zeke had any issues with concussions the way Karlos has?

I LOVE Karlos and his game.....I think he can even get better....but the concussion issue will forever be on my mind.....quite simply....there will always need to be another capable RB right behind him in case he takes that blow that causes him to have to retire from a concussion

He has not had concussion issues. Edited by Kirby Jackson

As far as I know, Zeke just had the broken wrist... But they're diferent types of backs, aren't they? Zeke was running behind some road-graders at OSU... He was also the best athlete nearly every time he set foot on the field... The concussions AND the knee worry me about karlos... Still, his production was fabulous last year... We have absolutely got to keep him healthy and playing... He could very well be our poor-man's version of CJ Anderson.

By the way, if you think that Buddy Nix is "the worst GM in history" you don't follow much football. He isn't even the worst GM of the last decade. I guess that I'm the crazy one? Hmmm, I guess that I will give it a shot.

I would NEVER trade a dollar for 4 quarters. Karlos Williams will be a pretty productive NFL back, Zeke will be a rushing champ. He is the highest grades blocking RB to ever enter the league and his receiving skills are far beyond Williams at this point (who is a pretty good receiver). He is Le'Veon Bell in terms of skill set. That's why no one blinked when he went in the top 5.

Next, he's been a great big game player. He destroyed Wisconsin, Alabama and Oregon in route to a national title. In those 3 games he had 796 yards and 8 TDs!! He was a big time recruit and a beloved teammate. His football IQ is off the charts. He scored a 32 on the Wonderlic which is maybe the highest ever for a highly regarded RB. I think that RBs average 17. I didn't see Karlos' but FSU hasn't historically churned out rocket scientists (your son excluded Augie).

At any rate, I am certainly not the crazy one. Zeke is considered the best Arab prospect since Peterson by many. No one, and I repeat no one, would keep a pretty good rotational RB over a can't miss future rushing champ. https://www.profootballfocus.com/draftezekiel-elliott-is-the-most-complete-rb-prospect-since-adrian-peterson/

Does anyone really disagree?!? The only thing that I can assume is that he hasn't seen or followed Zeke (or Fournette for that matter). Am I crazy? It is so obvious that I really don't even know what to say. Look I am a HUGE Bills fan but that doesn't mean that Bills players that are worse than others should be held on a pedestal. At the same time we shouldn't diminish Bills players who are better than their counterparts around the league. Let's call it what it is and move on.He has not had concussion issues.

So, are you saying this Zeke fellow might make the roster? I think being pro-Karlos is great, within reason. The problem here is apparently not realizing how good Elliott is. This guy is a stud, and maybe that isn't known by some out there who don't follow CFB closely. I'm not a CFB nut, but I know enough to know he's a stud.

As far as I know, Zeke just had the broken wrist... But they're diferent types of backs, aren't they? Zeke was running behind some road-graders at OSU... He was also the best athlete nearly every time he set foot on the field... The concussions AND the knee worry me about karlos... Still, his production was fabulous last year... We have absolutely got to keep him healthy and playing... He could very well be our poor-man's version of CJ Anderson.

YES, his production WAS fabulous. No one here is anti-Karlos (that I know of). You just need to be open to how good Zeke is. A broken wrist heals easily. Concussions and knees are more worrisome. And then there's the skill set........

I think that you are selling him short here. Now I'm confused. I think Karlos Williams has every chance to be as good or better than CJ Anderson.

It also sounded a little like holding it against Zeke for being the best athlete on the field every game. Now, I realize the NFL is a step up, but that can only be seen as a good thing. I'm not looking for the next Rudy. But I digress from the conciliatory progress I was trying to make.