Prisco ranks Taylor 26 out of 32 starting QBs

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no way that someone that actually watched this man play every snap can think this way.If you did not watch ever snap STFU.I happen to think he is the real deal.Don't get me wrong I need to see some improvements mainly with over the middle throws and anticipation on throws off breaks but if you watched Tyrod with an open mind (keeping in mind he was basically a rookie in a sence)he was really special.You people that aren't sold on him I get that point of view but the people who think he has no chance of being good or even great I have to question your judgment.....No screw that your probably just racist

Edited by bacarri and coke

There is no way that someone that actually watched this man play every snap can think this way.If you did not watch ever snap STFU.I happen to think he is the real deal.Don't get me wrong I need to see some improvements mainly with over the middle throws and anticipation on throws off breaks but if you watched Tyrod with an open mind (keeping in mind he was basically a rookie in a sence)he was really special.You people that aren't sold on him I get that point of view but the people who think he has no chance of being good or even great I have to question your judgment.....No screw that your probably just racist

Or enjoy long drives and 3rd down conversions

26 th seems a little low. I would go with 17-20. I put him there due to missing some games and at times during some games he looked god awful. Other times it appeared we had found our answer. On a whole he had an average season.

I really care more about where I think TT is ranked after 2016. If I can honestly put him in that 8-12 range then I know we have our answer at QB and can move forward.

26 th seems a little low. I would go with 17-20. I put him there due to missing some games and at times during some games he looked god awful. Other times it appeared we had found our answer. On a whole he had an average season.

I really care more about where I think TT is ranked after 2016. If I can honestly put him in that 8-12 range then I know we have our answer at QB and can move forward.

that is why it is tough to do these rankings like that because I think every QB had games where they looked "god awful"

yep, just reeks of incompetence. or maybe laziness. i guess he didn't think anyone would keep reading. more fool us.

No, I mean in general, not his specific rating. A large chunk of starting NFL QBs are so close in talent to each other that it gets really nitpicky trying to determine an objective order.

Which means they aren't ranked on performance or ability but pedigree.

Yeah, I'd have to agree. If TT was a high first round pick and had that season he'd be in Prisco's top half by the looks of it.

I think the upcoming season will go a long way to solidifying Tyrod's ranking amongst the other QBs in the league.

Personally, I'm not sure it is really possible to rank them exactly in order. I see them more in groups or tiers.

There are a few elite QBs (Brady, Rodgers)

There are some really good ones who are aging (Brees, Eli, Roethlisberger, Romo, Palmer)

Then the guys who have been pretty good for a while (Dalton, Stafford, Ryan, Flacco, Cutler, Alex Smith).

After that are the unproven (Carr, Bridgewater, Taylor, Mariota, Bortles)

And then you have the rookies, followed by the guys who kind of suck (Bradford, Kaep, Gabbert, etc)

So, in my opinion, Taylor is currently in a group of QB's that ranks just outside the top 12.

Depending on how this season goes, he could climb into the top 10, stay in that middle tier or drop down to the Bradford grouping.

My reasonable hope is that he takes a small step forward and becomes the QB we can depend on to make a few plays when needed. He doesn't have to be a guy who can routinely take over a game and win it. He does not to be a little bit better and more consistent at extending drives than he was last year.

I'm not sure why we care about this ranking. Prisco is just a media guy. He doesn't, as far as I know, examine every snap of every game.

That doesn't make him stupid, lazy, or evil. He gets paid to entertain people with what he says. And what he says only has to be moderately informed to be entertaining.

We all know better than Pete what TT did last year. Still, none of us know what TT will do this year. Let's wait and find out - and hope for the best.