Marquise Goodwin Listed on SI's 50 Fittest List

The idea that Marquise Goodwin has never done anything in the long jump is just wrong. He had one of only two automatic qualifying jumps in 2012, at 8.11. If he could have pulled that off in the finals, it would have been 4th, one centimeter behind the bronze at 8.12. If he could have hit his 8.33 from the US Trials, he'd have won gold. Marquise Goodwin is one of the best long jumpers in the world. Track and field is all about training and peaking at the exact correct time. The smallest thing can make a difference. I hope he can get everything right and bring home a medal.

I don't follow or care about track and field results.......whatever makes him a better player for the Bills......which I suspect would be a face-plant in the olympics. :worthy:

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The idea that Marquise Goodwin has never done anything in the long jump is just wrong. He had one of only two automatic qualifying jumps in 2012, at 8.11. If he could have pulled that off in the finals, it would have been 4th, one centimeter behind the bronze at 8.12. If he could have hit his 8.33 from the US Trials, he'd have won gold. Marquise Goodwin is one of the best long jumpers in the world. Track and field is all about training and peaking at the exact correct time. The smallest thing can make a difference. I hope he can get everything right and bring home a medal.

He has the longest jump in the world thus far in 2016.

He seems like a good kid... the Olympics are something special... and the coaches/front office are on board about it.

I'm not going to hold a couple freak injuries against him. I think he has real football talent, it just hasn't come together yet (and might not ever). No reason for me to hate on him.

bbbbbbbut he didn't. So be hasn't done anything. Even 4th is not omg like wow. Its good job buddy.

I know at least 3 men or women I can remember off the top of my head that ran in the Olympics. They made it out of the prelim heats but got torched. They were all the fineto say they ddidn't belong. Except the chick. She went back and became one of the top steeple chasers on the country until an injury and mess up in a race she never recovered from

He has the longest jump in the world thus far in 2016.

yearly records early in the year during an Olympic year mean little. Most will be broke in the next two months and shattered at the Olympics. That's how track goes. Go look at 100m times. They're terrible.

bbbbbbbut he didn't. So be hasn't done anything. Even 4th is not omg like wow. Its good job buddy.

I know at least 3 men or women I can remember off the top of my head that ran in the Olympics. They made it out of the prelim heats but got torched. They were all the fineto say they ddidn't belong. Except the chick. She went back and became one of the top steeple chasers on the country until an injury and mess up in a race she never recovered from

yearly records early in the year during an Olympic year mean little. Most will be broke in the next two months and shattered at the Olympics. That's how track goes. Go look at 100m times. They're terrible.

which is what I find funny with Listenbee. People saying is is über fast like he could compete in the world at the 100m. The dude is fast. I'll give him that but he wouldn't place top 10 in the Olympics.

Something that track athletes only can understand. I get you JB. Others.....prolly not so much.

I'm not sure, but "unlucky" isn't a word I'd describe for someones injuries when it happens EVERY year. It's not like a freak ACL tear.

lets see broken hand and broken rib how do you condition those?

Marquis has had the two longest jumps of 2016:

After taking a three-year break from track and field, Buffalo Bills wide receiver/kick returner Marquise Goodwin returned to long jumping in 2015. Heading into the Rio Olympics this summer, Goodwin has recorded the two longest jumps anyone has made in 2016. In England on Sunday, Goodwin jumped 8.42 meters, three centimeters shy of the 8.45 mark he recorded in May. Both jumps were long enough to have won the gold medal at the 2012 games.

Marquis seems like a good guy and I wish him well in the Olympics.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Marquise-Goodwin-now-owns-2016s-two-longest-jumps-45662448