Marquise Goodwin Listed on SI's 50 Fittest List

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A pulled hammy is definitely preventable. This comes down to flexibility, hydration, oxygen levels, muscle condition, proper diet, proper stretching, etc....

Your more fit people will avoid most major muscle pulls.

This is so inherently false it actually makes me angry. Fitness and injury are two very very different things. Especially in explosive track and field events.

Can they correlate in some instances, yes, but is this by any means a rule. Not even close.

I cheer for Buffalo Bills football. Not Buffalo Bills long jump. Good luck kid, but I don't give a hoot.

aye. And I'm a huge track fan and I don't give a crap about this kid going to the Olympics.

What he does on the track means absolutely nothing in the football field.

This board reminds me of Tim McCarver going after Deion Sanders for playing both football and baseball. Why shouldn't an athlete try to do all he can in the world of sport? Why can't Marquise Goodwin play football and compete in long jump at the Olympics? While McCarver was ripping Deion up and down, Chris Berman was saying "Good for you Deion, live the dream and play both". I'll be like Boomer and wish Marquise Goodwin all the best in Rio and we'll see you back with the Bills in September. GO 'QUISE!!!

This board reminds me of Tim McCarver going after Deion Sanders for playing both football and baseball. Why shouldn't an athlete try to do all he can in the world of sport? Why can't Marquise Goodwin play football and compete in long jump at the Olympics? While McCarver was ripping Deion up and down, Chris Berman was saying "Good for you Deion, live the dream and play both". I'll be like Boomer and wish Marquise Goodwin all the best in Rio and we'll see you back with the Bills in September. GO 'QUISE!!!

This^^

I am definitely cheering for the guy. He is a great human being and a world-class athlete. I hope that he brings home the gold.

I was pro-keeping Goodwin because his game of ripping off his NFL employer to fund his hop dreams is over after this season so it's put-up or get a real job time for MG.......if he's ever going to sack-up and take advantage of his ability it's this year........but your comparison is ridiculous.

Deion was one of the best players in the NFL the minute he stepped on the field and is arguably the greatest cover corner in NFL history and MLB pays better than the NFL and contracts are guaranteed.

Goodwin hasn't peed a drop in the NFL and his other job doesn't pay.

This is like comparing the possible red-shirting of Shaq Lawson to the red-shirting of Aaron Rodgers..........his NFL teams will be lucky to get 6-7 total serviceable years out of Shaq......AR will play 15-20 years, have been the best QB in the NFL multiple years and go to the HOF.

The lesson here is sometimes your opinion is just not very logically supportable and comparisons aren't justified.

For his sake I hope he faceplants and calls the gymnastics quits and realizes that he has a family that could use those NFL paychecks because the only thing separating him from a good NFL career is focus on the craft, IMO.

The Bills have been a very supportive wife to MG.......I hope he doesn't forget to thank them if he actually wins a medal. :thumbsup:

To be fair, his injuries really weren't preventable. Broken hand. Pulled hammy. Then a 320lb DL knees him in the ribs with his full body weight.

Could be similar to Eric Wood getting the injury prone tag. Im rooting for Goodwin. We all should be. He is actually a very talent player and would really help our offense.

yes. need him to spread the field. very important. listenbee might me that guy as well, but we need both of them as one of them will certainly get hurt, and without Harvin we would then have no one in that role

If he was paid millions for long jumping and his priority was playing football, which he was better at... what would we be saying?

Football is not his priority. That's fine. But I don't want someone to a professional football player on my team when they are not making it their priority.

It's not like he's taking time off to sit by a poolside and play video games all day. It's the Olympics. The Olympics are special. Also if Pegula is fine (his money), then I'm fine.

no. He was being cautious and pussyfooting any minor injury to protect his interests in the long jump. And I'm all about track because its a very dynamic challenging sport. I know the rigors of long jump. Just the smallest little tweak, knick or ding can result in a loss of 2". And that may not seem like a lot. But it is. Just ask Gugny. He will tell you 2" is a lot Edited by Boyst62

Goodwin’s gold quest has made for tough call
Bills WR Marquise Goodwin has been dedicated the last several months to qualifying for the US Olympic team’s track and field team in the long jump event. So far, so good as Goodwin has the longest jump on record this calendar year in the world. US Olympic trials are at the end of June. And while head coach Rex Ryan has supported Goodwin’s opportunity to represent his country on one of the highest athletic stages in the world, there’s no denying the receiver is doing it at a cost.