Marquise Goodwin Listed on SI's 50 Fittest List

What is presented to the public by an organization is......well.......sometimes.......often even.......not the truth..........can we agree on this fact?

So assuming it is their real opinion remains speculative.

:rolleyes:

There's more than just their statements. There's the team's actions. Combining the two brings it out of the realm of speculation and into the realm of fact. They knew this was a possibility when they drafted him, yet they drafted him anyway. That, added to their public statements of support and the fact he's still on the roster, isn't speculation.

That's just reality.

Marquise definitely has a public "vote of confidence" from the front office.

I have made it clear that it is my OPINION that they would rather he was dedicated full time to football............you think they would rather that he pursue his life's dream......

False. You're speculating again on what I think rather than dealing with what I say.

I never said they'd rather he pursue his life's dream. Ever.

Like I said, we'll have to let it play out.

Let what play out? What is there to play out in your mind? He's going to Rio, the Bills are supporting him. That's the end of the story.

The fact you say he doesn't try hard, is protecting his body (which again, isn't speculation but false since anyone who watched how he got hurt both times can see he wasn't afraid of contact), are just meaningless speculations you're throwing into this discussion to disparage MG.

There's nothing to play out. With or without the Olympics he might not make this roster. This isn't about football. It isn't even really about MG. It's about your opinion that a football player should be entirely focused on football 24/7 which, I hate to break it to you, very few players (even the greatest ones) are wired that way. Some are. But they're the minority.

Unfortunately, in my position, judging character and evaluating other organizations motives and strategies are how I pay the bills so while I am not always right.......I do know something about what I am talking about.

Then stop speculating and falsifying your data and stick to reality. It'll help a lot. What I'm calling you out for is not ad hominem attacks, by the way, I'm calling out the content of your posts which, in this thread, have been entirely speculative when they're not outright falsehoods.

It's entirely why I was right about my other "hot garbage" takes........it's not something I get off on, it's actually sometimes discouraging knowing the futility of certain endeavors.

"There are no rewards for being right"

BADOL

And yet here you are once again trying to claim superiority for being right years ago. The fact you can't see the hypocrisy between this statement and the majority of your posts is f'ing hilarious. I know self reflection can be difficult, but this one is pretty easy to see.

Lots of people on this site have excellent knowledge of the game and the players and organizations -- you included. But you're not the only one. Plenty of people have been right before, just as many are wrong. Yet you're the only one who constantly brings up your past successes while simultaneously trying to say "there are no rewards for being right, but remember I was right before so I'm right now".

That's crazy pants thinking. CRAZY. PANTS.

Marquise IMO is an example of a person who lacks the consciousness to re-route his wiring.

He's unaware of his own limitations and focused only on a short term goal.......... for people like this......failure and the need to not have one's financial security compromised is often the motivation to get them on the path to success.

He's not going to be motivated until the threat is real.

To this point......it really hasn't been.

As I've said.......he's had virtually no reason to make sacrifices as a pro football player........he is under a near minimum contract and his talent will open doors for the time being.

And yet he's made sacrifices every year to be a pro football player. This past season included. He gave up his body for his team -- doing something stupid but he did it for the team with no thought of saving his body for the Olympics. That's why this line of thinking is a garbage take. It's demonstrably untrue. You're presuming knowledge you do not have and then acting as if it's fact.

It's not. You've convinced yourself that you're right and you're going to stick with it facts be damned. Just like with the Shady thread.

And that's not ad hominem attack. That's attacking the content of your take -- which again, is garbage.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are going to have to let it play out Greggy.

I've been down this road before with my speculative "hot garbage" takes on CJ Spiller and SJ13 and so forth........in the end there are no awards for being right so I'm not going to get bent about it.

But you aren't advancing the discussion with things like "I'm flat out saying your take is speculative and incorrect"............which is criticizing me for speculating......while you in turn you speculate. :doh:

I'm honestly a little surprised by the lack of awareness in your writing.

I'm just talking about debating with you in general.

If you disagree it instantly becomes personal and you lose perspective and evidence becomes inconsequential.

But you get camel toe when it comes to the Shady injury clause. :beer:

Hahaha....Oh, Greggy.

:rolleyes:

There's more than just their statements. There's the team's actions. Combining the two brings it out of the realm of speculation and into the realm of fact. They knew this was a possibility when they drafted him, yet they drafted him anyway. That, added to their public statements of support and the fact he's still on the roster, isn't speculation.

That's just reality.

False. You're speculating again on what I think rather than dealing with what I say.

I never said they'd rather he pursue his life's dream. Ever.

Let what play out? What is there to play out in your mind? He's going to Rio, the Bills are supporting him. That's the end of the story.

The fact you say he doesn't try hard, is protecting his body (which again, isn't speculation but false since anyone who watched how he got hurt both times can see he wasn't afraid of contact), are just meaningless speculations you're throwing into this discussion to disparage MG.

There's nothing to play out. With or without the Olympics he might not make this roster. This isn't about football. It isn't even really about MG. It's about your opinion that a football player should be entirely focused on football 24/7 which, I hate to break it to you, very few players (even the greatest ones) are wired that way. Some are. But they're the minority.

Then stop speculating and falsifying your data and stick to reality. It'll help a lot. What I'm calling you out for is not ad hominem attacks, by the way, I'm calling out the content of your posts which, in this thread, have been entirely speculative when they're not outright falsehoods.

"There are no rewards for being right"

BADOL

And yet here you are once again trying to claim superiority for being right years ago. The fact you can't see the hypocrisy between this statement and the majority of your posts is f'ing hilarious. I know self reflection can be difficult, but this one is pretty easy to see.

Lots of people on this site have excellent knowledge of the game and the players and organizations -- you included. But you're not the only one. Plenty of people have been right before, just as many are wrong. Yet you're the only one who constantly brings up your past successes while simultaneously trying to say "there are no rewards for being right, but remember I was right before so I'm right now".

That's crazy pants thinking. CRAZY. PANTS.

And yet he's made sacrifices every year to be a pro football player. This past season included. He gave up his body for his team -- doing something stupid but he did it for the team with no thought of saving his body for the Olympics. That's why this line of thinking is a garbage take. It's demonstrably untrue. You're presuming knowledge you do not have and then acting as if it's fact.

It's not. You've convinced yourself that you're right and you're going to stick with it facts be damned. Just like with the Shady thread.

And that's not ad hominem attack. That's attacking the content of your take -- which again, is garbage.

Why are you so hung up on this idea of me being right?

When I point out examples of VERY similar situations where I was right about VERY unpopular takes it does lend weight to my opinion but I merely mention it because your ad hominem personal attacks on me are intended to discredit my opinion.

I know that is bothersome to you because you have a stake in arguing with me.

You presented with much certainty your opinion that Shady was going to have a much better year in Buffalo than he had in 2014 with Philly.

I told you that my opinion was strongly that he would not.

It wasn't a popular opinion at the time.........but again........I was right and you were wrong.

If it hurts your self esteem to have been on the losing end of an argument about a hobby on a message board.......well, I will reserve "speculation" on that. :flirt:

Why are you so hung up on this idea of me being right?

I'm not. You are. As evidence by how often you bring it up.

I just find it hilarious that you do because it's so blatant.

When I point out examples of VERY similar situations where I was right about VERY unpopular takes it does lend weight to my opinion but I merely mention it because your ad hominem personal attacks on me are intended to discredit my opinion.

Right on cue, you're doing it again. :lol:

And it's not ad hominem to attack the content of your posts. There's a difference. But tell me about the time you were right. I'm waiting with bated breath...

I know that is bothersome to you because you have a stake in arguing with me.

The only stake I have is our bet. Which you're going to lose and it's going to be hilarious to see you rocking the I Love Shady McCoy handle.

You presented with much certainty your opinion that Shady was going to have a much better year in Buffalo than he had in 2014 with Philly.

I told you that my opinion was strongly that he would not.

It wasn't a popular opinion at the time.........but again........I was right and you were wrong.

False. That wasn't what my argument. But it's a good reinvention of history to once again try to show you were right when someone was wrong. It's an epidemic with you.

My take on Shady, which is clear in all the threads about it, was that his numbers were deflated by Chip's scheme and that he's an elite (top 3) back in the NFL while you were arguing he'd be out of football before he turned 30 and working in radio.

However you wish to twist that is on you. But again your dishonesty is coming through in spades.

If it hurts your self esteem to have been on the losing end of an argument about a hobby on a message board.......well, I will reserve "speculation" on that. :flirt:

The guy with the clear self esteem issues is the one who constantly brings up the times he was right as a trump card.

Now you've moved from speculation and falsehoods to projecting. Good work.

I'm not. You are. As evidence by how often you bring it up.

I just find it hilarious that you do because it's so blatant.

Right on cue, you're doing it again. :lol:

And it's not ad hominem to attack the content of your posts. There's a difference. But tell me about the time you were right. I'm waiting with bated breath...

The only stake I have is our bet. Which you're going to lose and it's going to be hilarious to see you rocking the I Love Shady McCoy handle.

False. That wasn't what my argument. But it's a good reinvention of history to once again try to show you were right when someone was wrong. It's an epidemic with you.

My take on Shady, which is clear in all the threads about it, was that his numbers were deflated by Chip's scheme and that he's an elite (top 3) back in the NFL while you were arguing he'd be out of football before he turned 30 and working in radio.

However you wish to twist that is on you. But again your dishonesty is coming through in spades.

The guy with the clear self esteem issues is the one who constantly brings up the times he was right as a trump card.

Now you've moved from speculation and falsehoods to projecting. Good work.

As I've said........we can discuss whether you need labiaplasty before we can seal this high stakes bet via pm. :thumbsup:

The bottom line is we will know more about how the Bills felt about Goodwin and whether Goodwin finds his motivation and so forth, later.

It's not over once Goodwin goes to south america. I don't even need to insist on a zika clause that we will find out that the story of Glass and the Bills isn't as simple as you'd like to think it is.

Saying it's over after the olympics would be like saying that reports leaking out of New Orleans that CJ Spiller wasn't playing because he couldn't digest the playbook didn't support my takes that his lack of intelligence was a very limiting factor in his time in Buffalo.

Like how I slipped another infuriating example of me being right in there? :beer:

Now that I know how much it aggravates you........... :D

As I've said........we can discuss whether you need labiaplasty before we can seal this high stakes bet via pm. :thumbsup:

You already agreed to the bet, with the career ending injury clause included. So if you want to cancel the bet you can. But once again you'd be projecting with your chosen use of insults here.

The bottom line is we will know more about how the Bills felt about Goodwin and whether Goodwin finds his motivation and so forth, later.

It's not over once Goodwin goes to south america. I don't even need to insist on a zika clause that we will find out that the story of Glass and the Bills isn't as simple as you'd like to think it is.

What do you think is going to happen? What exactly are you waiting to see play out?

Better yet, can you even rephrase what my position on this matter is? Because so far you've gotten everything you've said about me wrong. By a lot.

You already agreed to the bet, with the career ending injury clause included. So if you want to cancel the bet you can. But once again you'd be projecting with your chosen use of insults here.

What do you think is going to happen? What exactly are you waiting to see play out?

Better yet, can you even rephrase what my position on this matter is? Because so far you've gotten everything you've said about me wrong. By a lot.

I didn't want to do this here but I've told you that I wouldn't provide an injury clause for a "fun" bet about a player that finished the season on IR after numerous injuries. :lol: That's just...........sorry.

But if you want to put say......$10K on it?......and make it an actual bet with some kind of stakes.......you can have your career ending injury clause.

When you lose :flirt: I will donate my winnings...including interest.......to St Jude's when the bet is completed in September 2017.

If Shady were to have a career ending injury....the most likely chance you have of being right........you can do whatever you want with your ill-gotten winnings you shiesty bet hedger. :devil:

Now THAT would be something of a bet........and no pooling cash with Steven Spielberg or your Hollywood cronies.......it's gotta be yours from your account......on your honor of course.

I mention this because Ryan L may offer......he's still burned about that SJ13 assessment and I know he's something of a poker millionaire from his wikipedia page.

Let me know when you are ready to set up the escrow account. :thumbsup:

I didn't want to do this here but I've told you that I wouldn't provide an injury clause for a "fun" bet about a player that finished the season on IR after numerous injuries. :lol: That's just...........sorry.

But if you want to put say......$10K on it?......and make it an actual bet with some kind of stakes.......you can have your career ending injury clause.

When you lose :flirt: I will donate my winnings...including interest.......to St Jude's when the bet is completed in September 2017.

If Shady were to have a career ending injury....the most likely chance you have of being right........you can do whatever you want with your ill-gotten winnings you shiesty bet hedger. :devil:

Now THAT would be something of a bet........and no pooling cash with Steven Spielberg or your Hollywood cronies.......it's gotta be yours from your account......on your honor of course.

I mention this because Ryan L may offer......he's still burned about that SJ13 assessment and I know he's something of a poker millionaire from his wikipedia page.

Let me know when you are ready to set up the escrow account. :thumbsup:

Copy. So you're running away from a bet you already agreed to while doubling down on your stupidity.

The bet was simple. You say he won't be on the roster throughout all of this year and '17 (despite his contract making this pretty obvious), I disagreed barring a career ending injury (which any player can suffer on any play at any time). You agreed.

Now you're running from it.

What a coward.

Copy. So you're running away from a bet you already agreed to while doubling down on your stupidity.

The bet was simple. You say he won't be on the roster throughout all of this year and '17 (despite his contract making this pretty obvious), I disagreed barring a career ending injury (which any player can suffer on any play at any time). You agreed.

Now you're running from it.

What a coward.

Let me remind you of the correspondence between us wrt your request to wager:

Now you're dodging the question. All I've predicted is that he'll play on this team through 2017 barring injury. So what are you willing to bet against that? You believe an elite RB will be out of the league before he turns 30 -- I'm not even asking you to back that up. I'm just asking what you're willing to wager that Shady is a Bill this year and next year?

Barring injury? :lol:

How is that not pertinent.....he finished the season on IR. :lol:

Man, don't be such a vag! Go for it!

If you want to wager......let me know what it's worth to YOU. What is this a double dog dare? :lol:

Does that sound like I was OK with an injury clause in a fun bet :flirt:

Like I said then........don't be THAT gal. :lol:

The guy has had what? 4 separate injuries in a 12 month period? He's nursing a hammy still. One injury leads to compensating with other parts of the body and then.......you have a Percy Harvin situation where a guy gets an ankle or knee injury which leads to a hip injury that causes him to call it quits. Injury matters. It is part of the equation. The mileage and wear and tear was always a big part of my issue with the Bills giving him a $40M contract and if I am going to give you a waiver on one of my key issues there has to be some value in it.

We can do a fun bet where you won't bicker about the results WHEN you lose or we can do a real bet and you can have your hedgie. I got nothing against hedging your bets for cash......my grandma used to do that at Fingerlakes and she was a SAINT!

Let me remind you of the correspondence between us wrt your request to wager:

Now you're dodging the question. All I've predicted is that he'll play on this team through 2017 barring injury. So what are you willing to bet against that? You believe an elite RB will be out of the league before he turns 30 -- I'm not even asking you to back that up. I'm just asking what you're willing to wager that Shady is a Bill this year and next year?

Barring injury? :lol:

How is that not pertinent.....he finished the season on IR. :lol:

You're conveniently leaving out the part where you accepted the terms. It's right there in the same thread. You're the one going back on the terms of the bet and you have the gall to call me a vag (as if that's an insult)? No wonder you think you're always right. It's easy to convince yourself of that when you just lie.

I also made it clear I'm not talking about nagging injuries being the cause of his release. I'm talking career enders that force an injury settlement. The kind that can happen to anyone on any play regardless of their history. If you're so confident that Shady's done, this is just making everything equal. But you're clearly nervous and looking to hedge your bets because you've got no stones.

Okay, since you're changing terms and think you'll be right here's the bet:

If Shady finishes the '17 season as a Bill you lose. If he's cut/traded before the end of the '17 season, you win. No qualifiers.

When you lose, instead of changing your handle to "I love Shady McCoy" for a year you have to change it to: #Bloviating, lying, asshat who loves Shady McCoy for two years (since we're making this bet two years out).

You in?

...I'm asking and pretending your word counts even though you've already demonstrated it means squat.

You're conveniently leaving out the part where you accepted the terms. It's right there in the same thread. You're the one going back on the terms of the bet and you have the gall to call me a vag (as if that's an insult)? No wonder you think you're always right. It's easy to convince yourself of that when you just lie.

I also made it clear I'm not talking about nagging injuries being the cause of his release. I'm talking career enders that force an injury settlement. The kind that can happen to anyone on any play regardless of their history. If you're so confident that Shady's done, this is just making everything equal. But you're clearly nervous and looking to hedge your bets because you've got no stones.

Okay, since you're changing terms and think you'll be right here's the bet:

If Shady finishes the '17 season as a Bill you lose. If he's cut/traded before the end of the '17 season, you win. No qualifiers.

When you lose, instead of changing your handle to "I love Shady McCoy" for a year you have to change it to: #Bloviating, lying, asshat who loves Shady McCoy for two years (since we're making this bet two years out).

You in?

...I'm asking and pretending your word counts even though you've already demonstrated it means squat.

I am IN for this:

#BADOL the Bloviating, lying, asshat who loves Shady McCoy

and you are

#BADOL was right and I'm just a Deranged Azzwhole

And let's flip the bet and start the naming now......winner can change back at the end of the 2017 season or, you know..... at the point that Shady gets cut.....loser gotta hold the handle for a year after he either reaches your finish line or gets cut. :thumbsup:

If we can't clear the Azzwhole with moderation I have a few other options for you..... :devil:

Edited by #BADOL