Bills' 2016 Organized Team Activities - Week 3

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we are stressing out about a player not going to something optional that he wouldn't be able to participate in anyway.

Doomed. Simply doomed. Call it a year already. Time to rebuild.

If he's not tagged in '17, then he'll easily command a Norman deal in UFA

Unless he injures himself this year, and reports are that he is currently nursing a shoulder surgery, so...

my *guess* is that he is only playing on a one year deal of 11m right now. He wants to make sure he doesn't get injured before signing a long-term deal which would end up being much more than that. The franchise tag in 2017 isn't a given. It's possible they may need it for TT. He's looking for security as he should be. The good news is that the talks are active, it appears. I think he's trying to avoid injury until the deal is done. Jmo

Exactly. Looking at Norman's deal... While it's easy to say that $11mil should be enough to play for, Norman got $15mil in Signing Bonus alone, plus $50mil guaranteed. So yes, $11mil is good, but $50mil is much better.

If his spleen checks out fine, I'm sure he can get a Lloyds insurance policy that would pay out a big chunk of the future guarantees.

:lol::worthy:

Gilmore is overrated. He is a good player but not in the top 10 of best CBs which is what he wants to be paid and then some. Darby already is a better player and deserves to be paid more than Gilmore in the future. Gilmore has stones for hands and is always a step behind from what I've watched over the last few years. CBs that are better are Revis, Talib, Norman, Harris Jr., Sherman, Peterson, Peters, Dominique Rodgers Cromartie, Davis, Sean Smith, Jenkins, and Darby. Gilmore is already at maximum potential while Darby is on the up and up.

We are not going to be able to break the bank and keep everyone we want. Whaley is reckless, impulsive and makes decisions that are very questionable. I'd let Gilmore play the season out and take it from there. If he refuses to play for 11 million this year trade him for a first or for some OL help on the right side.

Gilmore is overrated. He is a good player but not in the top 10 of best CBs which is what he wants to be paid and then some. Darby already is a better player and deserves to be paid more than Gilmore in the future. Gilmore has stones for hands and is always a step behind from what I've watched over the last few years. CBs that are better are Revis, Talib, Norman, Harris Jr., Sherman, Peterson, Peters, Dominique Rodgers Cromartie, Davis, Sean Smith, Jenkins, and Darby. Gilmore is already at maximum potential while Darby is on the up and up.

We are not going to be able to break the bank and keep everyone we want. Whaley is reckless, impulsive and makes decisions that are very questionable. I'd let Gilmore play the season out and take it from there. If he refuses to play for 11 million this year trade him for a first or for some OL help on the right side.

Ah yes, i was waiting for this.

Gilmore is so overrated! Trade him for star type return.

Gilmore is a damn good corner, You lose him, who starts opposite of Darby? Oh another draft pick you have to hope plays as well as Gilmore.

That seems counterproductive.

#6 CB in the league based on film study and analytics

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/05/19/nfl-best-cornerbacks-sherman-peterson-revis-harris

Edited by YoloinOhio

Which 10 are better?

Gilmore is overrated. He is a good player but not in the top 10 of best CBs... If he refuses to play...trade him for a first...

So overrated that other teams are willing to give us a first round pick for the, at best, #11 CB in the league?

Did this make sense in your head before typing it out?

So overrated that other teams are willing to give us a first round pick for the, at best, #11 CB in the league?

Did this make sense in your head before typing it out?

This is how we roll. See Antoine Winfield, London Fletcher, Pat Williams, Andy Levitre.....

:lol: Not yet. He wants to avoid the additional risk of getting injured it would seem.

Can he prove he will be less injured on his own without support?

Maybe he is so fragile that any sort of OTA is risky to him?

Every time I hear about Gilmore I think of Stevie Johnson who seemed to be a unique talent but did not work enough during off season.

Can he prove he will be less injured on his own without support?

Maybe he is so fragile that any sort of OTA is risky to him?

Every time I hear about Gilmore I think of Stevie Johnson who seemed to be a unique talent but did not work enough during off season.

He wouldn't have participated in any on the field activities because he's still recovering and rehabbing from season ending shoulder surgery. I haven't heard anything to say he doesn't properly prepare in the offseason.