The Nattering Nabobs of Negativity

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes you think that the drafting of Lawson is a blunder? He had a shoulder issue that the Bills were aware of but thought that he could play through it this season. It didn't work out in the most favorable way.The organization quickly took the surgery route to fix the issue. The real issue is not that he has to have surgery but it is what caliber of player does he turn out to be? If not sooner, then a little later.

Maybe because he had question marks about his shoulder other teams passed on him who were interested in him. If it turns out that in the not too distant future he becomes a good player for us then what was questionable about his health worked out in our favor.

The Cowboys drafted Smith, the LB from Notre Dame, in the second round knowing that he would probably sit out this upcoming season. Did they take a risk? Yes. Jacksonville drafted Myles Jack near the top of the second round. They were aware of his problematic knee but still were willing to invest a high pick on him. The point I'm making referring to these players with known injuries is that if you are going to take a risk then take the risk on a talent.

Great point here. We've taken chances on talented players with major injuries before that certainly could have been blunders. Heck, one of them ended up in the HOF. Ironically, but predictably, there was some consternation among the "realists" when we chose him, too.

GO BILLS!!!

Did I miss something? Did the world end while I was busy doing something else?

yes we are forfeiting the season because the rook might miss a few games and the star WR might go light in TC. Keep up! :devil: #allinforwatson Edited by YoloinOhio

Did I miss something? Did the world end while I was busy doing something else?

No, it's all good news today. The only bad news come from the "Negative Nacy's", and that's only because they have character flaws and can't properly interpit the facts.

No, it's all good news today. The only bad news come from the "Negative Nacy's", and that's only because they have character flaws and can't properly interpit the facts.

They can't. As shown by the "Whaley promised Lawson was just fine and would never need surgery" statements.

You don't see the difference between:

"Tough break for Lawson and the team. DE/OLB is even a bigger concern than before. I hope the kid can salvage part of his rookie season."

vs.

"Whaley and the Bills medical staff are the dumbest people in the NFL."

There is no way to interpret this day's news in a positive manner. None.

Just varying levels of class in how you express your own interpretation.

GO BILLS!!!

I do. But apparently the OP does not assuming everyone would be under your vs. Can't argue with WGR being there mind you ;)

Edited by CodeMonkey

Win some games and shut us "nattering nabobs" up.

Pegula is a breath of fresh air from Ralph's penny pinching ways. Unfortunately it looks as if Pegula's first big decision in hiring Rex(and retaining Whaley to an extent) was a bad one that set a franchise back that seemed to be making some progress following the 2014 season.

Ralph spent!

He didn't ever spent on head coaches, maybe Knox he did

Ralph spent!

He didn't ever spent on head coaches, maybe Knox he did

Four times Mr. Wilson had coaches among the highest paid: Rauch, Saban II, Knox, Levy.

Regarding coaches, the bigger issue was in getting top coaches to want to come to Buffalo in the first place. They just weren't interested.

GO BILLS!!!

Anyone think Lawson's agent told him to say the shoulder was fine for the upcoming NFL season to get his client drafted in the 1st round then drop the surgery bomb a few weeks after the draft. Whaley got played.

Anyone think Lawson's agent told him to say the shoulder was fine for the upcoming NFL season to get his client drafted in the 1st round then drop the surgery bomb a few weeks after the draft. Whaley got played.

No one takes a players health by their word.

No. The Bills got all of the medical information from his combine re-check. Know the facts.

Ahh! A post title taken from a quote from the biggest loser in Presidential history. The only Vice President ever forced to resign as part of a plea deal to avoid prison time for bribery, tax evasion, fraud. Who would have become President if he had just not been such a criminal himself, since his Presidential partner was forced to resign to avoid criminal prosecution. A man considered the worst Vice President in history. A strange person to feel is quote worthy. But, considering both he and his crime mate also loudly and constantly blamed others for their negativity and not their own ineptitude and actions, it is rather an appropriate choice for the poster's topic.

The attached WGR link is from a caller who had the same type of injury that Lawson has. This caller was clear in his description of the injury and the prospects for a successful recovery. He also pointed out that he believed that Whaley was aware of the nature of the injury and that it had to be addressed.

It appears to me that Whaley believes in the talent of the player and was willing to wait on his recovery. As I said in a prior post investing on a top talent, even if you don't get an immediate return, is a smart way to go.

This is a 6 minute link from a caller who knew what he was talking about.

http://media.wgr550.com/a/115202349/5-16-caller-george-on-lawson-injury.htm

Ahh! A post title taken from a quote from the biggest loser in Presidential history. The only Vice President ever forced to resign as part of a plea deal to avoid prison time for bribery, tax evasion, fraud. Who would have become President if he had just not been such a criminal himself, since his Presidential partner was forced to resign to avoid criminal prosecution. A man considered the worst Vice President in history. A strange person to feel is quote worthy. But, considering both he and his crime mate also loudly and constantly blamed others for their negativity and not their own ineptitude and actions, it is rather an appropriate choice for the poster's topic.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Reality isn't negativity.

This team is currently battling the Fins for third place with a solid chance of loosing that battle.

8-8 at best. It's not what I want but .......

You think the Jets are 2nd best in the AFC East? That's your reality? OK then.

You think the Jets are 2nd best in the AFC East? That's your reality? OK then.

They were one win away from the playoffs last year, and were in contention to the very end. Yes, their QB situation is a bit of a muddle, but they also drafted a healthy player in the first round who I think will help an already good defense a lot. Not a major stretch to say they are the 2d best team in the East.

Reality isn't negativity.

This team is currently battling the Fins for third place with a solid chance of loosing that battle.

8-8 at best. It's not what I want but .......

Your opinions aren't "reality"

This team is currently 0-0 and battling four teams with a solid chance of either winning or losing that battle.

16-0 at best, that's what I'd like...but 0-16 is still possible, it's not what I want...

Jets will regress a bit, not too much though. I expect an 8-8 or so season out of them.

Is Geno gonna give them the same kind of record-breaking season at QB that Fitz had last year?

GO BILLS!!!