The Nattering Nabobs of Negativity

Powell is on the Eagles.

whoever we got for the middle. I can't keep track any more. I think Lawson and Brown are the only LB's on the roster from last year. I don't even think either will be here next year, Rex will scaowgoat brown and Lawson will be older and likely cut for some 2017 retreaded Jet in the mold of IK IpunchedGenoamli

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whoever we got for the middle. I can't keep track any more. I think Lawson and Brown are the only LB's on the roster from last year. I don't even think either will be here next year, Rex will scaowgoat brown and Lawson will be older and likely cut for some 2017 retreaded Jet in the mold of IK IpunchedGenoamli

Zach Brown is the team's best coverage LB.

Manny's contract is up after this season, so yeah, very likely he's gone.

I saw the same realistic take last year with Tyrod, EJ, and Cassel competing for the starting QB job. No one expected the offense to do a whole lot. No that isn't negative. It was a pretty realist take - and it was wrong, not because we didn't have the foresight to know that our offense would be better than 2014, but because the damn games haven't been played yet. So these "realists" can make all the predictions they want, but they don't really know. They act like they do, and that their opinion is a certainty though which rubs people the wrong way. Especially people who are rooting for their team to do well.

Saying "same old bills, never get a decent QB, always going to suck, I see us winning 3 games tops, 17 years and counting, fire everybody" is negative, and should be expected to be countered by fans who wish their team well and are rooting for success.

Edit: It's kind of like watching a Bills game, and you have that one guy saying "they are gonna blow it, just watch. They always do this. Oh my god, they are going to lose. Why would they do that? That guy sucks. I am so done with this team. Same old Bills". I know it's different on a message board where are opinions being discussed, but the general downer feeling is the same. There is no need for excessive optimism, but there is no reason to trash the entire organization because they didn't do something you wanted them to do. AKA "dooooooomed"

I can prooabbly be called as negative as any. Historically I've proven to be one of the most optimistic. Yet. This year I have cautious hope. Cautious hope that our offense can win us some games but paused excitement because I know our defense will not let us win when it matters. Should we reach the playoffs we will inevitably fail to win against a quality team able to exploit our lack of adaptation and ability to run a multi scheme system. We are a one dimensional defense right now that has shown no ability to improve upon the pass rush in 2016. We have eliminated the best player at getting to the QB, though not a factor in 2015. We have weakened our depth at CB. We have left our LB unit completely to pasture. Yes, Ragland is an improvement ... but who did we even have at MLB/JLB?

Being realistic and knowing our defense will be passed upon like crazy in the middle is not negative. Its knowing that TE's will put up career numbers. Its knowing that flankers and inside route running WR's and RB's - like Forte - will eat our ILB's alive.

Thisbisnt negative. I'm not an expert. But I could probably coach this team better than Rex Ryan. I think there are a dozen here who could. Just like Bill said, a bunch here could have drafted better than Whaley.

There are some brilliant football minds here. Maybe their takes aren't all that great but some really know their talent and some really know their x's and o's. I know my x's and o's.

I would run a 3-3 defense with a high FS and a box safety to spy the backfield, cover tight ends and man the middle in a cover 3 scheme with a nickel also playing man pressagainst any extra down ffield threats.

Cover 3, you watch. We won't use it. Rex doesn't k ow how to use it properly. He does hard zones outside. sets a deep 3 and let's the fs fall way too deep and the strong safety get lost.

If Rex wants his crap to worn he needs a cover 2. Something I've never seen him successfully run. Ever.

Jesus Christ, I was staying out of this damn thread.

Yes, I thought it was poor form for eMoulds to drop in and say, "Shaq will miss time" without any context, and I told him so. He apparently finally agreed since he all but confirmed the issue was medical.

#BADOL is another one who posts to boost his own ego; it's ironic how he says this is a hobby and people should be laughing about it when he takes any opportunity to berate someone for what he deems is an unrealistic opinion. He may know a thing or two about football but he's not always right and his condescension is overbearing.

You were the only one who really got bent out shape over this. The guy broke the huge story and all you could wail about (and still cry about) is that he didn't immediately tell you why Lawson would miss games (as if it was otherwise simply impossible to figure out the most likely reason why).

Zach Brown is the team's best coverage LB.

Manny's contract is up after this season, so yeah, very likely he's gone.

Zach brown starting just scares me. Why would we start a ? Lb when we can play nickel or dime? Blanton is probably more suited to cover a tight end then brown.

Zach brown starting just scares me. Why would we start a ? Lb when we can play nickel or dime? Blanton is probably more suited to cover a tight end then brown.

I don't think he's going to start; I think Preston/Ragland will start.

I do think Zach is a solid sub-package LB; he actually covers pretty well. He can carry the seam and drop in a zone.

I don't think he's going to start; I think Preston/Ragland will start.

I do think Zach is a solid sub-package LB; he actually covers pretty well. He can carry the seam and drop in a zone.

I agree.

It's too bad that NE**** won't let us get a sub package in half the time.

And then won't let us get a sub package out the other half of the time.

I'm sure that Garropolo won't provide the same level of proficiency in that regard at least in the short term, but I gotta tip my hat to the Pats'**** ability to isolate and exploit matchups. Nobody is better at it.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Really? I don't know that the OP was going there at all. I think his point was that this place falls to PIECES when anything less than ideal happens to the Bills.

I see it as based on 3 different groups. Group one are really just a bunch of chicken littles, assuming every scratch is going to turn gangrenous and that a backup tackle going down means the season is over. Group two absolutely RELISHES in it when bad things happen to the Bills, like dogs rolling in dead fish, basically masochists. Group three are posters that are more vested in being right about perceived shortcomings of the organization than actually seeing the Bills win. These are the guys that like to call themselves realists, assuming their beliefs as fact. They are almost worse because they usually know a lot about football, but get so hung up in the "CUZ WRECKS SUX" type posts that people tend to just tune them out, when they often offer a lot of valuable content to the board.

Like clockwork, when something bad happens, you can see group one screaming to the moon and back. Group 1 starts to panic and begins their 2019 mock drafts. Group 2 will hit the ground running, spreading their misery from thread to thread, only there to sulk and mewl. Group 3 will use it as an excuse to grind their axe, usually about hating on Whaley or Rex or the ghost of Ralph Wilson.

And yes, there are a few that think that EVERYTHING that happens to the Bills is good. That's a dangerous way to go through life, but maybe not as toxic as our friends in groups 1-3.

But I don't think you'll find one poster on this board that believes everything that comes out of the mouth of ANY spokesperson. I mean, we're mostly adults, and understand that their job is to spin. But ask yourself, do you REALLY want a GM that always tells the truth? It's would be monumentally bad for business. But it's pretty clear that the Bills rolled the dice here and lost, at least in the short term, and who really cares what comes out of Whaley's mouth. It's not what was discussed behind closed doors, and frankly, that stuff isn't usually what the public needs to hear. Lets just hope that the surgery is over quickly and Lawson can get back on the field.

But separate from that, yes, some posters try to look at situations in as positive a light as possible, and try to make opportunities out of their difficulties. If that means that I have self esteem issues, lol, I guess I do.

Bravo.

I do not care to be grouped.

Thats what brains do restore order. simplify and categorize.

We should all be addressed respectfully as individuals.

In theory i think folks mostly do the right thing. Until some one sets hard line.

Thats when the "Pitching of Poop" begins.

and that just gets messy

:D

I agree.

It's too bad that NE**** won't let us get a sub package in half the time.

And then won't let us get a sub package out the other half of the time.

I'm sure that Garropolo won't provide the same level of proficiency in that regard at least in the short term, but I gotta tip my hat to the Pats'**** ability to isolate and exploit matchups. Nobody is better at it.

GO BILLS!!!

Yes, they're very good at knowing when to hurry things up.

I still think, however, that a little careful game-planning can make it much more difficult on them--we saw some of that on the MNF game last year. Lawson glued to Gronk was a huge improvement over Week 2.

Z Brown is probably well suited to cover TEs.

Blanton is another good option, perhaps.

Then there is the fourth type, the bloviator, who also knows something about football but comes up with obtuse arguments about people making predictions not actually knowing the future or starts arguing about whether Nixon or Agnew said something ?!

Reality = Rex has not had a Winning season since his second season with the Jets.

Supposition = If Gailey ran this offense last year he could have gotten equal production with a different scheme. Using this same suppositional thought process some of us thought Rex could at least be top ten in D- Ranking with the talent he inherited .

That, along with earlier stated concerns is why I don't think this team is better than 8-8.

Could they surprise us, yes. Would it disappoint me to be wrong , no. That isn't negativity, just an opinion.

Yes, they're very good at knowing when to hurry things up.

I still think, however, that a little careful game-planning can make it much more difficult on them--we saw some of that on the MNF game last year. Lawson glued to Gronk was a huge improvement over Week 2.

and now they have Bennett.

But yes , that is Patriots play ball for sure

In theory i think folks mostly do the right thing. Until some one sets hard line.

and that just gets messy

When you come to a fight where poop is being thrown you need to be prepared. :D

http://toiletpapercoupons101.com/freecoupons.php?seed=picture%20toilet%20paper

and that just gets messy

It looks pretty fun when the monkeys do it.

You were the only one who really got bent out shape over this. The guy broke the huge story and all you could wail about (and still cry about) is that he didn't immediately tell you why Lawson would miss games (as if it was otherwise simply impossible to figure out the most likely reason why).

And I'm not denying it, nor am I "still crying" -- I even congratulated the guy. That doesn't change my opinion.