Is Lawson hurt??

JTO

Missing the remainder of any OTA's, training camp, preseason games and possibly up to 4 regular season games, puts Lawson behind the 8 ball in a big way for being productive this season. Not saying it's impossible, just a heck of a lot less likely.

Really disappointed in the Bills medical staff. Either lies were told on draft weekend by Bills FO staff after he was selected, or the medical staff who examined him, f***ed up.

Kinda reminds me of Gimp McCargo.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shout out to the classy bills fans on Twitter going after the poor kid. What the heck that ever accomplishes, I will never know.

@shaq_lawson90

The less u respond to negativity, the more peaceful your life becomes..

I just had a meeting with some marketing people. In the meeting i voiced my displeasure with social media from a personal standpoint. I know it is necessary for my business. I wish people would take a deep breath before they hit send. Or ask themselves, 'why am i about to post this for the world to see?...what is my connection to this?'.

Lawson may go on to have the best career as a lineman for the Bills since Bruce or he may be the next Flowers...right now lets wait and see. Put down the rocks.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

Best case is that something minor got seriously aggravated in the last week.

Worst case is that the Bills medical staff is full of idiots.

Not a good look for the team.

Actually, wouldn't the worst case be something minor got seriously aggravated in the last week, AND the Bills medical staff is full of idiots?

If that's the argument, why not take Jack?

Maybe they had Jack graded lower than Lawson, with fit for Rex's scheme factored in?

Actually, wouldn't the worst case be something minor got seriously aggravated in the last week, AND the Bills medical staff is full of idiots?

Maybe they had Jack graded lower than Lawson, with fit for Rex's scheme factored in?

I would struggle mightily to buy that. Jack was the best player in the draft in terms of talent.

Taking scheme specific players over talent is a horrendous draft strategy.

Edited by FireChan

http://media.wgr550.com/a/115202349/5-16-caller-george-on-lawson-injury.htm

Interesting phone call to S&B from earlier today.

Caller (who had a SLAP tear in each of his shoulders himself) asserts Shaq has a SLAP tear; would have been diagnosed in 1 minute by competent doctor; guarantees the Bills knew of this on draft day; Bills have decided to fix it now rather than later; Shaq will be useless for 3 months while arm is in sling; once fully recovered his shoulder should be 100% with full strength and with little chance of recurrence.

Edited by Fadingpain

This is disappointing to say the least. I loved the Shaq pick at 19. I wanted Doctson, but I did not expect that Lawson would make it to 19. I was pretty locked into Doctson, but I'd have had a tough time making the call between the two if I thought both were healthy. I guess the most likely scenario is that the doctors found the shoulder issue and thought that correcting it could wait until after the season. It seems that the medical problem was know by the league and viewed that way by most. It is probably why he fell. If I had known about it I would have passed on him for a player like Doctson too. It looks like the Bills took a chance on it and it is going to cost them in the short term. Here's hoping he still does well long term and the short term pain is worth the long term gain. I still love him as a player.

Just another unfortunate incident for a team that has known little else for a very long time. None of us are doctors, and none of us examined Lawson or looked at his medical records, so no one on this board is capable of knowing whether or not the Bills' medical team screwed up or didn't screw up. I do know not all medical teams are created equal. Back when Amar'e Stoudemire became a free agent after playing with the Suns, the Suns' medical team took a good long look at his knee and they chose not to resign him because they felt his knee would give out after a year, maybe two at most. Lo and behold, Amar'e had one good year with the Knicks and ever since then he has been a shell of his former greatness and missed loads of time because of his knee. Apparently the Knicks don't have good doctors.

It does seem clear that if Shaq Lawson could injure his shoulder enough doing a swim move on a tacking dummy, he wouldn't have lasted long at all against real live NFL talent. Better to find out now rather than in August when he would have been out for the year. Hopefully the bad news doesn't escalate and we find out Ragland's enlarged aorta really is a problem.

I would struggle mightily to buy that. Jack was the best player in the draft in terms of talent.

Not necessarily, would you put 22s on a four wheeler?

Caller (who had a SLAP tear in each of his shoulders himself) asserts Shaq has a SLAP tear; would have been diagnosed in 1 minute by competent doctor; guarantees the Bills knew of this on draft day; Bills have decided to fix it now rather than later; Shaq will be useless for 3 months while arm is in sling; once fully recovered his shoulder should be 100% with full strength and with little chance of recurrence.

interesting call...Pegs had to approve of this....kinda cool to have an owner look 5 years down the road more than just next game

Our draft grades are going to take a beating now!!

Whaley has shown he's a wheeler dealer in the past.

It sounds like we decided to grab a top 10 talent further down, at the price of losing half a season (or whatever) while the shoulder is dealt with.

Seems like a lot of other teams weren't willing to do that, but Whaley and co. were.

Bill Parcells and his SuperBowl trophies say hi.

I don't follow college ball and know little about its schemes, etc. Hence, this question: Isn't this really good news for Eric Striker? And for us for signing him?

Striker probably won't supplant Manny, IMO. But it's nice to have depth.

The caller, George also indicated it would be closer to 6 months. I'm starting to think we will be lucky to have him very much this season. Curious move for a staff supposedly on the hot seat.

Edited by The Thurmanator