John Clayton: Bills "Regressed" in the Offseason

The offense didn't regress and should be better, if for no other reason than the fact that this will be the 2nd year for the unit under Roman, which returns largely intact. TT will be the starter going into the off-season and will get the majority of starting reps, unlike last year, which should be huge. The injured players (and there were many) should be much healthier this year. Harvin played in just 5 games and Hogan and his 36 catches for 450 yards and 2 TD won't be hard to replace.

As for the defense...who knows? The questions are whether Rex has the guys he needs for his system and whether they've bought into it.

ST's should be about the same, with the good change that Carp bounces back.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice thread, I see everyone's warming up for November. :)

nailed it! Some who shall remain nameless will give a annual goodbye and see you next season post. Only to return in a week pouring heeps of Kool aid and calling anyome a troll or worse who isn't drinking it with them You know who you are.

Please Pegs clean house after this year. Starting with the Ryan bros so the inevitable rebuild can begin and the playoff drought has a chance to end at 20 years.

Imo

Im not sure that Shaq is an upgrade I just think that the gap between what he will give this year and what Mario gave last year isn't that great. I'd be shocked if Ragland wasn't an upgrade on the 2015 version of Bradham.

I'm hoping it happens sooner than I think it will. I love the picks and not complaining, just think it'll take some time if we're going to start two rookies(who I think will be good players).

offensively we have, we shall see what the defensive rookies can do.

edit: NO WAY Washington starts over Dareus and Kyle (unless injured)

curious if he really likes Slayer as that bumps up his evaluations automatically :thumbsup:

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

offensively we have, we shall see what the defensive rookies can do.

edit: NO WAY Washington starts over Dareus and Kyle (unless injured)

curious if he really likes Slayer as that bumps up his evaluations automatically :thumbsup:

Please explain how the Bills regressed on offense.

Unfortunately I think Clayton is right in general. I don't think the defense regressed, but I don't expect Taylor to repeat the same efficiency he did in 2015. Defense could take a step forward, but the offense will likely take a least a couple steps back, imo.

Unfortunately I think Clayton is right in general. I don't think the defense regressed, but I don't expect Taylor to repeat the same efficiency he did in 2015. Defense could take a step forward, but the offense will likely take a least a couple steps back, imo.

What is the rationale?

If McCoy and Karlos can stay healthy with Gillislee and J. Williams , the running game should be even stronger.

That takes pressure off of Taylor.

Which means Dareus plays NT, which I have never liked. But we'll see.

I think the Bills pick up a NT after June 1 cuts or go with TJ Barnes 364 lb space eater . Dareus is too expensive to use at NT , JMO

This is really an unknown. The only loss I saw last year who could have gotten back on track was Bradham. The others who went to Philly and Mario, who gave up was not a loss.

It's true, we don't know of the rookies will produce, because history disparate they will make some mistakes. The flip side is they infused some young talent which is cheap for four years, and with a second year will tHe defense get Rex's scheme.

The offense had the potential to really do well, but marred with injuries. I guess I'm taking the easy way out as I can see it coming together, and competing with much tougher teams. My cynical self with seeing what Rex did to the defense tells me it will implode and yes we'll be in a rebuild again.

The OL needs talent on the right side and overall depth.

Upgrades in talent are always preferable, but it must have been a mirage when the led the NFL in rushing last season with the same guys who'll be there in 2016.