Bucs HC Koetter Will Have a Game Management Assistant

@AroundTheNFL

Bucs head coach Dirk Koetter will have dedicated game-management assistant: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000662196/article/koetter-will-have-dedicated-gamemanagement-coach

Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coach Dirk Koetter will join what seems to be a growing member of NFL head coaches that will have a game-management assistant, who has dedicated responsibilities related to the clock, challenges and in-game scenarios.

"Because I'm going to stay as the play-caller, and there are plenty of guys in the NFL who stay as play-callers as head coaches," Koetter said in a http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2639089-dirk-koetter-qa-new-bucs-head-coach-on-roots-strategy-and-his-franchise-qb"Thereare just so many situations that come up in an NFL game, whether it's clock management or just game-ending situations, to have someone that they're fully dedicated to that preparation in leading up to the game and on game day made sense."

Beerball...Paging Beerball!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@AroundTheNFL

Bucs head coach Dirk Koetter will have dedicated game-management assistant: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000662196/article/koetter-will-have-dedicated-gamemanagement-coach

Beerball...Paging Beerball!

You know me well. Rex needs this in a big way. Thanks for finding. :lol:

That's a very good idea and NFL trend. No question Rex should have one. Just don't let him choose the guy. Let Whaley.

Someone in the mold of Tom Coughlin.

I think a lot of us have openly questioned why teams don't do this -- it's hard to find fault with any part of it, as long as the lines of communication are instantaneous on game day.

I, like most of you, would really like to see the Bills implement some version of this.

Honestly, my biggest beef with time management in the NFL are QBs that take timeouts to avoid 5 yard delay of game penalties. Unless it is a critical third down or something, there is absolutely no reason to take the timeout - those are significantly more valuable than 5 yards of field position.

I trust Whaley so much more than I trust Rex.

AMEN! Whaley is in the unenviable position of having to work with Rex and pretend he's thrilled about it. Similar philosophies are great. I like running, great defense and winning. That doesn't make me a real Rex fan.

I have been advocating for this for like 10 years. (Now is when you guys search my old posts and congratulate me for my foresight).

Makes no sense for why the head coach would handle these quick game day decisions.

I searched, couldn't find a single example. My idea.

I think a lot of us have openly questioned why teams don't do this -- it's hard to find fault with any part of it, as long as the lines of communication are instantaneous on game day.

I, like most of you, would really like to see the Bills implement some version of this.

See above.