Peyton Manning tutoring Ryan Tannehill

That's not good news, Peyton is obsessive compulsive for perfection

Manning is very focused on perfection but I'm not worried. Something tells me he'll quickly get tired of standing around fiddling with his Talleywhacker.

Wow, Tannehill may become the next Curtis Painter...

I remember how national media was obsessed with him and saying he was going to be the best backup ever, etc. I guess it read as a good story?

Wow, Tannehill may become the next Curtis Painter...

I thought I had heard that Manning was not a good mentor to Brock Osweiler - that he didn't even get a snap with the ones last fall until Kubiak intervened.

He might be a good teacher, or he might not be a good teacher. Just because a guy can do doesn't mean he can teach.

I thought I had heard that Manning was not a good mentor to Brock Osweiler - that he didn't even get a snap with the ones last fall until Kubiak intervened.

He might be a good teacher, or he might not be a good teacher. Just because a guy can do doesn't mean he can teach.

Yes, but we are now talking about "Coach" Peyton and not "trying to keep my starting gig" Peyton. He can try to coach Tannehill up all he wants fundamentally, but he can't teach him poise under pressure or make him go through progressions on the field. We'll see how it works out. I'm sure this will just cause the media to salivate even more over the Dolphins just as they did last year.

Edited by H2o

Yes, but we are now talking about "Coach" Peyton and not "trying to keep my starting gig" Peyton. He can try to coach Tannehill up all he wants fundamentally, but he can't teach him poise under pressure or make him go through progressions on the field. We'll see how it works out. I'm sure this will just cause the media to salivate even more over the Dolphins just as they did last year.

Sounds like he met with Tannehill once. This is being played by the press like the Bart Scott thing.