2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"At one time, Allen was considered a top-three player in this draft class, but concerns about prior shoulder injuries have pushed him down here to No. 10 overall. He could be an amazing value if his past ailments don't lead to more issues in the future. For a rebuilding Buffalo team, Allen can be a centerpiece on defense."

Prior injury concerns?.....sounds like a Whaley guy for sure.

"At one time, Allen was considered a top-three player in this draft class, but concerns about prior shoulder injuries have pushed him down here to No. 10 overall. He could be an amazing value if his past ailments don't lead to more issues in the future. For a rebuilding Buffalo team, Allen can be a centerpiece on defense."

Prior injury concerns?.....sounds like a Whaley guy for sure.

What makes you think Buffalo is a rebuilding team? Just curious. Have you heard some pronouncements from the team that I missed?

@rapsheet

#Florida touted LB Jarrad Davis won't perform drills at the Combine because of an ankle injury from the season, source said. 100% by Pro Day

I think Davis is a guy that has a chance to sneak into the top 40 picks if he looks like an athlete in his workouts. Just a good, solid player.

What makes you think Buffalo is a rebuilding team? Just curious. Have you heard some pronouncements from the team that I missed?

he was quoting a mock draft I believe...so it isnt that he necessarily believes we are rebuilding, its just what the mocker (who likely knows nothing about the Bills) thinks we are in rebuild mode

rebuild mode usually happens when the team fires its head coach, switches offense/defense system, is drafting in the top 10 and needs a new starting QB - the bills have almost all of those boxes checked off, and if we jettison Tyrod we will have all of those boxes checked off....so an argument COULD be made, especially from an outsiders point of view, that we are in rebuild mode

he was quoting a mock draft I believe...so it isnt that he necessarily believes we are rebuilding, its just what the mocker (who likely knows nothing about the Bills) thinks we are in rebuild mode

rebuild mode usually happens when the team fires its head coach, switches offense/defense system, is drafting in the top 10 and needs a new starting QB - the bills have almost all of those boxes checked off, and if we jettison Tyrod we will have all of those boxes checked off....so an argument COULD be made, especially from an outsiders point of view, that we are in rebuild mode

Most "pundits" have pegged us as a bottom 3rd team for these reasons. We have a tough schedule for next season, and performed terribly within the division. I personally look at Miami and NYJ and don't see them as particularly good teams. Going 0-4 against them is the difference between 7-9/Pick 10, and playoffs.

As a fan of the team, I know we have the ability to be better than that bottom 3rd team. There is talent on the team, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Rex did not have the team performing up to their capabilities, and it showed.

If the Offensive staff feels they can continue to build a solid offense, and the defense can get back to stopping people - there's a chance we can improve. We play a few of our tougher opponents at home (denver, oakland, TB, NO), and its traditionally a tough place to play.

If that same staff feels that the offense will be poor under Tyrod, then they'll look to replace him and go full on rebuild.

The Florida corners get all the hype, but I really like both of the LBs--Jarrad Davis and Alex Anzalone.

Davis is probably a top-40 guy, but Anzalone is going to fall due to injury issues. I think he's a perfect fit for McDermott, and I'd probably take a chance on him in the 3rd.

The Florida corners get all the hype, but I really like both of the LBs--Jarrad Davis and Alex Anzalone.

Davis is probably a top-40 guy, but Anzalone is going to fall due to injury issues. I think he's a perfect fit for McDermott, and I'd probably take a chance on him in the 3rd.

Anzalone reminds me a bit of Sean Lee. I think he was once a commit to OSU before flipping to Fla. I would like that pick in the 3rd or later. Not a fan of taking a LB in the 1st or 2nd unless we can't sign Zach.

10: R1P10

WR MIKE WILLIAMS
CLEMSON

44: R2P12
QB DAVIS WEBB
CALIFORNIA

75: R3P11
CB CAMERON SUTTON
TENNESSEE

111: R4P6
S JOHN JOHNSON
BOSTON COLLEGE

172: R5P27
C JON TOTH
KENTUCKY

196: R6P11
LB BEN BOULWARE
CLEMSON

TEAM DRAFT ASSESMENT
WR
MIKE WILLIAMS
CLEMSON
OT NONE DRAFTED
S
JOHN JOHNSON
BOSTON COLLEGE
QB
DAVIS WEBB
CALIFORNIA
CB
CAMERON SUTTON
TENNESSEE
TE NONE DRAFTED
DL NONE DRAFTED
TRADES
TRADE PARTNER:
SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
SENT:
  • ROUND: 5 PICK: 12
  • FUTURE ROUND 3 PICK
RECEIVED:
  • ROUND: 4 PICK: 6

Considering a whole new coaching staff with polar opposite philosophies and then trying to fit the old players into those systems pretty much guarantees rebuilding.

I was on the E Roberts train with you last year, not on the C Moore train this year, I don't see it.

And I thought we were pals :censored::D:beer:

Anzalone reminds me a bit of Sean Lee. I think he was once a commit to OSU before flipping to Fla. I would like that pick in the 3rd or later. Not a fan of taking a LB in the 1st or 2nd unless we can't sign Zach.

Honestly, if we had more games to evaluate, I think there's a chance he cracks the top 50. Lee is probably an ambitious-but-fair comparison on his upside. I think the 3-4 range is probably right when his availability is taken into context.

@JoshNorris

My latest crack at the top 32 picks in the upcoming draft. 2017 NFL Mock Draft: http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/69049/344/nfl-mock-draft-20

10. Buffalo Bills - QB Deshaun Watson, Clemson - If Doug Whaley identifies a target, he goes out and gets them (see E.J. Manuel (assistant GM) and Sammy Watkins). All signs point to the Bills moving on from Tyrod, which I view as a mistake.

@JonahTulsNFL

My latest 2017 NFL Draft big board features the top 50 prospects heading into the Combine. Read and enjoy! http://draftbreakdown.com/2017-nfl-draft-pre-combine-top-50-big-board/

C4HaoMAUcAAznkv.jpg

@si_nfl

Mock Draft 6.0: @ChrisBurke_SI goes three rounds and 96 picks deep as all NFL eyes turn to the draft http://on.si.com/2kOoZJe

C4KLnknXAAA-YXC.jpg

Bills get:

10. Malik Hooker S, Ohio State

Hooker won’t work out at the combine, reportedly on account of recent labrum and hernia surgeries, so that’s definitely something to file away for discussion. Talent-wise, the ballhawking Ohio State safety is an elite prospect at a position where Buffalo is weak.​
44. Forrest Lamp G/T, Western Kentucky
I don’t buy the chatter that Lamp is destined for a guard-only career, but it’s happening because Lamp could be a Pro Bowl-caliber option there.
75. Chad Hansen WR, Cal

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.