2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without looking, name for me the RT of any of the last 3 Super Bowl Champions.

Now, without looking, name for me the #2 WR of any of the last 3 Super Bowl Champions.

Don't know who played RT for Denver.... but the one before that was New England so would that be Sebastien Vollmer? And I think for Seattle the year before that it was Giacomini who is now on the Jets?

Okay, okay the AFC East link helps on those two I admit. I think the year before that Michael Oher had been moved to RT in season by the Ravens.

#2receivers.... so it would be Sanders, Amendola, Baldwin (Golden Tate was the #1 in so far as that team had a #1).

EDIT: I know the point you are trying to make Bandit but in fairness I do remember the name of the RT for the Panthers last year - it was Mike Remmers, an ageing vet who had an odd bounce back year but then whose singular failure to hold up in pass protection was the defining matchup of Superbowl 50.

I'm not generally a fan of drafting RTs in the 1st round unless you have a plan to eventually move them to LT but I think especially for a team like the Bills I could argue it is at least as important as a #2 receiver.

Edited by GunnerBill

Dak Disagrees

Wait, are you really attributing Dak's success to Doug Free, the 32-year old RT who is a former 5th round pick?

I'd definitely say that Cole Beasley, Dallas' No. 2 WR, who has 58 receptions and 5 TDs through 11 games has been at least as big a part of his success (if not bigger).

Don't know who played RT for Denver.... but the one before that was New England so would that be Sebastien Vollmer? And I think for Seattle the year before that it was Giacomini who is now on the Jets?

Okay, okay the AFC East link helps on those two I admit. I think the year before that Michael Oher had been moved to RT in season by the Ravens.

#2receivers.... so it would be Sanders, Amendola, Baldwin (Golden Tate was the #1 in so far as that team had a #1).

EDIT: I know the point you are trying to make Bandit but in fairness I do remember the name of the RT for the Panthers last year - it was Mike Remmers, an ageing vet who had an odd bounce back year but then whose singular failure to hold up in pass protection was the defining matchup of Superbowl 50.

I'm not generally a fan of drafting RTs in the 1st round unless you have a plan to eventually move them to LT but I think especially for a team like the Bills I could argue it is at least as important as a #2 receiver.

I guess I disagree on that.

The team has had no difficulty leading the league in rushing two consecutive years with a 7th round pick and a street FA starting at RT. The passing offense, however, has been dismal without 2 productive wideouts on the field.

I don't mean to marginalize the position--there's no doubt it's a need. I simply believe that safety and WR are bigger needs, and that RT can be addressed mid-round. A guy like Bisnowaty would be ideal IMO.

I guess I disagree on that.

The team has had no difficulty leading the league in rushing two consecutive years with a 7th round pick and a street FA starting at RT. The passing offense, however, has been dismal without 2 productive wideouts on the field.

I don't mean to marginalize the position--there's no doubt it's a need. I simply believe that safety and WR are bigger needs, and that RT can be addressed mid-round. A guy like Bisnowaty would be ideal IMO.

I am not advocating a right tackle in the first just to be clear. I think it is way too early to have a view on where I'd like them to go in the draft.

If it came down to an offensive tackle or a receiver with the same grade on both I would probably lean receiver but I wouldn't be furious in that scenario if they took a tackle.

For those in need of clarification, Parker Ehinger played for the Bearcats until last season. Consider this a "Shots Fired" tweet at his old team.

@Spencer_NFL

Cincinnati QB Gunner Kiel headed to the East-West Shrine Game. Will be interesting to see how he performs with actual coaching.

@Big_Park79

Parker Ehinger Retweeted Shawn Spencer

Very well said, Couldn't be more proud of my boy ! Good to see people out there still noticing his talent...he definitely has what it takes

@NFL_CFB

DeAndre Hopkins (@Nukdabomb)? @sammywatkins? Swinney says @ClemsonFB WR more complete prospect than both of them. http://on.nfl.com/r9tbnl

CydF0kZXcAASh-v.jpg

GTFOH Dabo!! Sammy was as complete a WR prospect as anyone since Calvin Johnson IMO. It doesn't mean that he's been perfect to this point but as a prospect Mike Williams isn't close to where Sammy was.

GTFOH Dabo!! Sammy was as complete a WR prospect as anyone since Calvin Johnson IMO. It doesn't mean that he's been perfect to this point but as a prospect Mike Williams isn't close to where Sammy was.

It's just him getting his WR as much hype as possible because the higher he gets drafted the better Dabo can recruit more top end WRs

Wait, are you really attributing Dak's success to Doug Free, the 32-year old RT who is a former 5th round pick?

I'd definitely say that Cole Beasley, Dallas' No. 2 WR, who has 58 receptions and 5 TDs through 11 games has been at least as big a part of his success (if not bigger).

Yep along with the whole line

:doh:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.