2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

Given the 78th version of Chad Kelly talk in this thread, I might as well throw myself into the hornets nest (yet again).

I was watching a fair bit of Ole Miss last night, looking at their TE Evan Engram. Personally, I find it quite interesting to focus in on one player. I know Ole Miss don't run the most sophisticated offense known to man but, in isolating Engram, it might be the most dumbed down offense in the Power 5.

Going back through games since Kelly first started, there's a pair of trends that happen quite frequently. Firstly, very little actually happens within the structure of the original play call. Secondly, receivers are having to reach back for their catches quite a bit, especially in the short/intermediate range. You notice this with Engram especially as half of the routes he runs are quick outs. Seldom do you see him led towards the sideline.

If someone wants to draft Chad Kelly in the 2nd-3rd round, they're quite welcome to. If that man works for the Buffalo Bills, he needs to be fired into the sun.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the 78th version of Chad Kelly talk in this thread, I might as well throw myself into the hornets nest (yet again).

I was watching a fair bit of Ole Miss last night, looking at their TE Evan Engram. Personally, I find it quite interesting to focus in on one player. I know Ole Miss don't run the most sophisticated offense known to man but, in isolating Engram, it might be the most dumbed down offense in the Power 5.

Going back through games since Kelly first started, there's a pair of trends that happen quite frequently. Firstly, very little actually happens within the structure of the original play call. Secondly, receivers are having to reach back for their catches quite a bit, especially in the short/intermediate range. You notice this with Engram especially as half of the routes he runs are quick outs. Seldom do you see him led towards the sideline.

If someone wants to draft Chad Kelly in the 2nd-3rd round, they're quite welcome to. If that man works for the Buffalo Bills, he needs to be fired into the sun.

Pats* aren't dumb enough but I'm hoping for Jets or Fish.

No worries. I was ridiculed last year too when I said that I really liked Dak and thought he was going to be the best value pick QB wise in the draft (along with Kessler who I still like but the Browns...oh the Browns) and the Bills should take him round 3.

Edited by Mark80

No worries. I was ridiculed last year too when I said that I really liked Dak and thought he was going to be the best value pick QB wise in the draft (along with Kessler who I still like but the Browns...oh the Browns) and the Bills should take him round 3.

It's all fun and games, man. No such thing as right or wrong when it comes to opinion.

I was there with you on Dak last year (not with Kessler though, how I hated him). I anticipate the Bills taking Chad because they always seem to end up with QBs I dislike and pass on guys I love.

Bloke/Blitz CBSSports have the Bills drafting John Ross at 16 in there latest mock draft. I like Ross because he reminds me of Lee Evans. I'd still prefer Corey Davis. What are your thoughts of Ross?

Who is it on CBS Sports?

The Titans find a new No. 1 target while three other teams add complementary targets for their QBs

15. Buffalo Bills

John Ross, WR, Washington: As long as defensive-minded head coach Rex Ryan is calling the shots, the Bills will have to find unique athletes at the skill positions to make up for a lack of creative play-calling. Pairing the speedy Ross, a DeSean Jackson clone, with Sammy Watkins would give the Bills a legitimate 1-2 punch on the perimeter, as well as boost the return game with Percy Harvin unlikely to return next season.

Bloke/Blitz CBSSports have the Bills drafting John Ross at 16 in there latest mock draft. I like Ross because he reminds me of Lee Evans. I'd still prefer Corey Davis. What are your thoughts of Ross?

fastest guy in college. i'd love having him just in the slot running quick slants and then of course the occasional bomb. can tyrod get the ball over the middle to him though?

Who is it on CBS Sports?

15. Buffalo Bills

John Ross, WR, Washington: As long as defensive-minded head coach Rex Ryan is calling the shots, the Bills will have to find unique athletes at the skill positions to make up for a lack of creative play-calling. Pairing the speedy Ross, a DeSean Jackson clone, with Sammy Watkins would give the Bills a legitimate 1-2 punch on the perimeter, as well as boost the return game with Percy Harvin unlikely to return next season.

A 5-11 WR with knee injury history...

He'll fit right in... B-)

We drafted PJ and EJ so ...

It's all fun and games, man. No such thing as right or wrong when it comes to opinion.

I was there with you on Dak last year (not with Kessler though, how I hated him). I anticipate the Bills taking Chad because they always seem to end up with QBs I dislike and pass on guys I love.

me too but if they do this I will finally have one. Now I think he needs a lot of work but he has tons of talent and grit that we should not pass on. Bring Romo in and see what happens between Kelly and Cardale after 2 yrs.

fastest guy in college. i'd love having him just in the slot running quick slants and then of course the occasional bomb. can tyrod get the ball over the middle to him though?

Great another speed guy, just what we need. TT aint coming back.

Watching Wyoming QB Josh Allen against N Mexico. He was way out of sync at first but got settled in and started making plays although some were called back. They got drilled in this game but the defense was totally overwhelmed by the old Triple option.

It's clear to see he has and amazing arm, this kid throws bullets and deep balls, and another plus he plays in a pro style offense so that will help when transitioning to the NFL. What I really like about him is his ability to extend plays and make big throws and is a good runner.

He is only a sophomore and will be someone to keep an eye next season and could be a top QB prospect for 2018.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8aifbyekMU

Also their TE Jacob Hollister 6'4" 240 is a fantastic pass catcher.

We drafted PJ and EJ so ...

me too but if they do this I will finally have one. Now I think he needs a lot of work but he has tons of talent and grit that we should not pass on. Bring Romo in and see what happens between Kelly and Cardale after 2 yrs.

Great another speed guy, just what we need. TT aint coming back.

well if he is anything like brandin cooks i'll be good.

I've watched ND football for a good part of the year. Kizer may be premature for the draft, but his stock is pretty high based on his performance the last 2 years. He has a strong arm and has played top level competition. Unfortunately this year he seemed to be playing from behind a lot and his defense let him down in several games. Definitely worth a look in a poor QB draft.

I've watched ND football for a good part of the year. Kizer may be premature for the draft, but his stock is pretty high based on his performance the last 2 years. He has a strong arm and has played top level competition. Unfortunately this year he seemed to be playing from behind a lot and his defense let him down in several games. Definitely worth a look in a poor QB draft.

The problem is he's a project. The question is whether he is a more worthwhile project than Cardale Jones, because it wouldn't be rational to keep both on the roster imo. And by more worthwhile I mean so much better that he's worth a high draft pick + releasing Cardale

With the Browns, 49ers, Bears and arguably the Cardinals needing a QB and all drafting ahead of us I can't see Kizer landing to us.

Edited by The Jokeman

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.