2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

So you're saying you want Chad Kelly :flirt:

Allen has got a cannon but he cant sense a rusher to save his life, definitely needs more work but I'm am hopeful. He has a bowl game Wednesday at 9:00 PM Eastern (might have to record that one)

You should take a look at Dane Evans, their offense was the first ever to have a 3000 yd passer and two 1000 yd rushers and two 1000 yd WRs

I remember Evans from watching Keyarris Garrett last year. He's below a few thresholds (height, size, comp %) but, from memory, he throws a pretty nice deep ball. I'll watch him eventually, even if it's just from watching Keevan Lucas.

Talking of the 2018 QB class, really intrigued by Jerod Evans at Virginia Tech. One of those guys that might be a Prescott type, showing that continual growth. Mobile with a live arm. Senior year will be telling for him, we'll see if the ACC works him and Fuente out or not.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a weird one with Watson. I think it's to do with the idea that he's not progressed much. With prospects, you want to see them have continual growth, it engenders faith that they can improve as a pro. Big thing about Wentz & Trubisky, limited experience and fixable issues give OC's and QB coaches a boner. :)

I still think he's a decent QB and someone that should ultimately be drafted as a starter, even though probably not a guy I start Week 1. Might end up in that Mariota category for me, concerns about the transition out of a true spread but various elements of his talent are pretty much unquestionable. If he's there in the 2nd, I'll take him.

I've come back around on Watson. I understand some of the concerns about scheme and size, but I think he checks every box in regards to intangibles. He reminds me a lot of Bridgewater, also a guy who came into his final year viewed as a sure top pick, then got nitpicked a bit through the year and ultimately fell to a late 1st round pick. It'll be interesting to see how he plays against OSU, I do tend to believe the ACC was down a bit as a conference this year, the Clemson team around him was soo young and I think it was a situation where it would be easy to have a bit of a hangover coming off the Bama loss so I do give him a lot of credit getting back into the CFP. He's a guy I wouldn't want to spend a top 10 pick on, but with a late 1st or 2nd I'd be willing to make that investment.

I've come back around on Watson. I understand some of the concerns about scheme and size, but I think he checks every box in regards to intangibles. He reminds me a lot of Bridgewater, also a guy who came into his final year viewed as a sure top pick, then got nitpicked a bit through the year and ultimately fell to a late 1st round pick. It'll be interesting to see how he plays against OSU, I do tend to believe the ACC was down a bit as a conference this year, the Clemson team around him was soo young and I think it was a situation where it would be easy to have a bit of a hangover coming off the Bama loss so I do give him a lot of credit getting back into the CFP. He's a guy I wouldn't want to spend a top 10 pick on, but with a late 1st or 2nd I'd be willing to make that investment.

I am not buying any of this talk about Watson not being as good as last year. He's the best player OSU has faced in a very long time. Hope Schiano is ready. Bosa/Lewis/Hubbard/Holmes Rushmen package, please.

Still can't believe Clemson isn't favored.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I remember Evans from watching Keyarris Garrett last year. He's below a few thresholds (height, size, comp %) but, from memory, he throws a pretty nice deep ball. I'll watch him eventually, even if it's just from watching Keevan Lucas.

Talking of the 2018 QB class, really intrigued by Jerod Evans at Virginia Tech. One of those guys that might be a Prescott type, showing that continual growth. Mobile with a live arm. Senior year will be telling for him, we'll see if the ACC works him and Fuente out or not.

looks interesting

DeShaun Watson is the best Quarterback in this class. There is something to what Blokes says about people not seeing progression but I have still seen this kid make more big boy NFL throws than any other Quarterback out there in college. My grade on him at the moment would have him 3rd over the last 3 years behind just Winston and Mariota.

I personally don't think Watson is a top 5 pick but I'd be comfortable taking him anywhere else - however in a world where Goff and Wentz went #1 and #2 overall DeShaun Watson could go off the board as early as Cleveland. Hell if I was in that war room coming off 0-16 and without a Quarterback in decades I'd probably turn in the card for Watson too.

If he is there when the Bills pick I am absolutely adament that he should be the selection.

Trust me Darnold makes the 2018 class great.

A USC Quarterback being hailed as a sure fire #1 selection the year before he might come out...... now where have I heard this one before....

DeShaun Watson is the best Quarterback in this class. There is something to what Blokes says about people not seeing progression but I have still seen this kid make more big boy NFL throws than any other Quarterback out there in college. My grade on him at the moment would have him 3rd over the last 3 years behind just Winston and Mariota.

I personally don't think Watson is a top 5 pick but I'd be comfortable taking him anywhere else - however in a world where Goff and Wentz went #1 and #2 overall DeShaun Watson could go off the board as early as Cleveland. Hell if I was in that war room coming off 0-16 and without a Quarterback in decades I'd probably turn in the card for Watson too.

If he is there when the Bills pick I am absolutely adament that he should be the selection.

A USC Quarterback being hailed as a sure fire #1 selection the year before he might come out...... now where have I heard this one before....

Not a Watson fan, don't trust athletic QBs, needs to be a passer first. Could he be Dak, maybe? But more likely TT jr.

haven't heard about USC QB thing.

Every QB is different and I don't base my assessment on what school they come from. This kid so far is the real deal and has all the goods. Every yr is different too so who knows how next yr goes.

Not a Watson fan, don't trust athletic QBs, needs to be a passer first. Could he be Dak, maybe? But more likely TT jr.

Every QB is different and I don't base my assessment on what school they come from. This kid so far is the real deal and has all the goods. Every yr is different too so who knows how next yr goes.

Watson is a passer. He is very definitely a passer.

I am only being slightly tongue in cheek about Donald.... I have only seen him once and wasn't blown away I have to say. I do think USC Quarterbacks generally get hyped up because they play for USC. Matt Leinart was talked about as a consensus #1 pick the year before he came out, Barkley was talked about a year out as a consensus #1 pick, Kessler was seen by some as a top 10 pick after his sophomore year too.

I didn't like any of them very much. Donald will ultimately succeed or fail based on him and his own game not the games of those who came before him but the thing all those above had in common was playing for USC gave them a hype that outweighed their talent.

I am not buying any of this talk about Watson not being as good as last year. He's the best player OSU has faced in a very long time. Hope Schiano is ready. Bosa/Lewis/Hubbard/Holmes Rushmen package, please.

Still can't believe Clemson isn't favored.

I'm not sure how it is in your OSU circles, but in mine there's extreme confidence. Personally, I don't get it. Clemson has looked underwhelming at times this year, but if they are on their A game and JTB looks like he has for the majority of the year there's a chance it gets ugly quick.

BB - have you ever watched Watson play? If so why would you say he's not a passer first?

I'm not sure how it is in your OSU circles, but in mine there's extreme confidence. Personally, I don't get it. Clemson has looked underwhelming at times this year, but if they are on their A game and JTB looks like he has for the majority of the year there's a chance it gets ugly quick.

nope, no confidence in Cbus. Just hope. But, no one really expected to be in the CFP until next year, so kind of just enjoying it. Edited by YoloinOhio

You and your QB assessments. Come on man!

Draft Twitter has gone into the usual race-baiting trends with QB. Apparently Marquise Williams (3 year starter) was better than Trubisky at UNC.

@IanKenyonNFL

@KeepingItHeel Marquise had 4,053 total yards, 38 TD and led UNC to an 11-3 record. Trubisky had 3,746 total yards, 33 TD led UNC to 8-4

Just going to ignore the whole "he played in two more games" thing, are you Ian? Or that Marquise had like 1000 yards rushing. Or even better:

@IanKenyonNFL

@FourVerts it's a hurricane game, so this is a bad representation, but just watch the first 5 throws in this game

IT'S IN A !@#$ING HURRICANE! Did you expect him to play well?

:D

Draft Twitter has gone into the usual race-baiting trends with QB. Apparently Marquise Williams (3 year starter) was better than Trubisky at UNC.

@IanKenyonNFL

@KeepingItHeel Marquise had 4,053 total yards, 38 TD and led UNC to an 11-3 record. Trubisky had 3,746 total yards, 33 TD led UNC to 8-4

Just going to ignore the whole "he played in two more games" thing, are you Ian? Or that Marquise had like 1000 yards rushing. Or even better:

@IanKenyonNFL

@FourVerts it's a hurricane game, so this is a bad representation, but just watch the first 5 throws in this game

IT'S IN A !@#$ING HURRICANE! Did you expect him to play well?

:D

I didn't expect him to play well because it was against the Hokies. Weather never entered my mind!

I didn't expect him to play well because it was against the Hokies. Weather never entered my mind!

Very true. Bud Foster is one of my benchmarks for prospects. Play well against that D, you're pretty good. Same with linebackers vs teams like Georgia Tech.

Oh, I'm also not being a total fan girl because Taywan Taylor retweeted my piece on him - https://twitter.com/SilentGrind2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.