2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

according to several scouts, according to Rotoworld, Trubisky wont even be on the board when the Jets pick - so I dont see how we would get him (unless we do a Julio Jones type trade)

yeah, there is no way this guy is available when we pick. Some interesting later round options:

Mahomes and Falk look good to me. But here is a full list from Walterfootball.com.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2017QB.php

yeah, there is no way this guy is available when we pick. Some interesting later round options:

Mahomes and Falk look good to me. But here is a full list from Walterfootball.com.

I prefer Mahomes I think over any other QB (sans Trubisky)...but I think we would have to take him in the first to ensure getting him and I don't see that happening.

how has deshaun watson fallen so hard? if he's there in the 2nd it'd be real had for us to pass him up. he might have been top 5 had he come out last year

It's a weird one with Watson. I think it's to do with the idea that he's not progressed much. With prospects, you want to see them have continual growth, it engenders faith that they can improve as a pro. Big thing about Wentz & Trubisky, limited experience and fixable issues give OC's and QB coaches a boner. :)

I still think he's a decent QB and someone that should ultimately be drafted as a starter, even though probably not a guy I start Week 1. Might end up in that Mariota category for me, concerns about the transition out of a true spread but various elements of his talent are pretty much unquestionable. If he's there in the 2nd, I'll take him.

It's a weird one with Watson. I think it's to do with the idea that he's not progressed much. With prospects, you want to see them have continual growth, it engenders faith that they can improve as a pro. Big thing about Wentz & Trubisky, limited experience and fixable issues give OC's and QB coaches a boner. :)

I still think he's a decent QB and someone that should ultimately be drafted as a starter, even though probably not a guy I start Week 1. Might end up in that Mariota category for me, concerns about the transition out of a true spread but various elements of his talent are pretty much unquestionable. If he's there in the 2nd, I'll take him.

i mean he has a cannon for an arm, first guy to throw for 4k yards and run for 1k yards...and his performance last year against bama was awesome. i'd wonder if we do a trade back and pick up another 2nd and take him late first and get a couple nice prospects in the 2nd.

I'm on the Falk train.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000740209/article/dare-to-compare-nfl-comp-for-washington-state-qb-luke-falk

i mean he has a cannon for an arm, first guy to throw for 4k yards and run for 1k yards...and his performance last year against bama was awesome. i'd wonder if we do a trade back and pick up another 2nd and take him late first and get a couple nice prospects in the 2nd.

I'm ALWAYS for trading down and getting more picks...

However...Watson's propensity for staring down receivers, and seemingly not seeing defenders in passing lanes will kill him on arrival in the NFL...

He has all the tools and solid upside...But I think he needs an absolute TON of work...I want to see him succeed though...I really think he's the textbook example of a QB that could be ruined by playing too early... B-)

We all know the 2017 QBs are weak, what do you have for 2018?

Off the top of my head, I have Sam Darnold, Josh Allen and Josh Rosen but don't know the lesser known prospects.

Off the top of my head, I have Sam Darnold, Josh Allen and Josh Rosen but don't know the lesser known prospects.

And so it begins. The QB class is weak, even though just months ago we said this class was better than last years.

Its an endless cycle.

I assume 2018 will be a good class up until draft time and then 2019 draft class will be better.

First off, I'm not sure I subscribe to the idea that the 2017 class is weak. I still think there's 3-4 guys that have the talent to be at least steady starters by the end of their rookie deals. Obviously, circumstances they go into impacts that but I think you can still find a guy in this class, you just have to do right by him. No superstar QB in the class so that makes the perception of it seem bad.

I'm not even fully immersed in the 2017 class yet, ask me about 2018 over the summer. Heard good things about Allen but I've only seen a handful of throws through people on Twitter :D

First off, I'm not sure I subscribe to the idea that the 2017 class is weak. I still think there's 3-4 guys that have the talent to be at least steady starters by the end of their rookie deals. Obviously, circumstances they go into impacts that but I think you can still find a guy in this class, you just have to do right by him. No superstar QB in the class so that makes the perception of it seem bad.

I'm not even fully immersed in the 2017 class yet, ask me about 2018 over the summer. Heard good things about Allen but I've only seen a handful of throws through people on Twitter :D

So you're saying you want Chad Kelly :flirt:

Allen has got a cannon but he cant sense a rusher to save his life, definitely needs more work but I'm am hopeful. He has a bowl game Wednesday at 9:00 PM Eastern (might have to record that one)

You should take a look at Dane Evans, their offense was the first ever to have a 3000 yd passer and two 1000 yd rushers and two 1000 yd WRs

And so it begins. The QB class is weak, even though just months ago we said this class was better than last years.

Its an endless cycle.

I assume 2018 will be a good class up until draft time and then 2019 draft class will be better.

I said no such thing.

Trust me Darnold makes the 2018 class great.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.