2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

Yea the question was half in jest. I know that is Urban's offense and that is what he is going to run. It is why he would never cut it as an NFL Head Coach. Teams would make his Quarterback play Quarterback too often.

Barrett is a terrible passer though. One would presume the next guy in line must be an upgrade in that regard?

I would think so. Yolo said it, but Barrett has regressed quite a bit throwing the ball this year. He seems like he's lost some confidence too. The receiving corp is super young. I'm not sure that they are A) getting much separation and B) always in the right place. That certainly plays a role but he's missed open guys a lot. In fact, he may be the 3rd best thrower on the roster now. He's a good runner, tough guy, great leader and a winner. Sound like another Urban Meyer QB?

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea the question was half in jest. I know that is Urban's offense and that is what he is going to run. It is why he would never cut it as an NFL Head Coach. Teams would make his Quarterback play Quarterback too often.

Barrett is a terrible passer though. One would presume the next guy in line must be an upgrade in that regard?

Yes, Tate Martell is phenomenal. Gorman is on national tv quite a bit. They play the best programs around the country. He's a Russell Wilson type. Also has an extremely competitive attitude. Other teams are going to hate him. Edited by YoloinOhio

That shows little.

I'm sure you have an explanation for the phantom pass interference called on Michigan in the second half? And an explanation for when the SAME THING happened to Michigan, they then did not call it on Ohio State?!

Okay Jim Harbaugh, time to go watch film and get ready for that second tier bowl game . . . we're all tired of your act now.

I can see why Vader's upset because UM played a great game in many ways but there was only one guy who had the perfect view and he called it a first down not once but twice. Looked like he got to the 15 from my view. Either way, good call or bad call, they happen in every game. There was a missed DPI call at the end of the OSU-PSU game that would have given OSU a 1st down in the red zone and maybe changed their whole season but it's never mentioned because we know the real reasons we lost.

In this case UM turned the ball over three times - once for a TD, once a fumble at the 2 yard line and once at their own 13. Also they could have felt free to stop OSU on any of the other plays after that 1st down but they didn't.

Edited by YoloinOhio

That shows little.

I'm sure you have an explanation for the phantom pass interference called on Michigan in the second half? And an explanation for when the SAME THING happened to Michigan, they then did not call it on Ohio State?!

Michigan was their own worst enemy yesterday with two interceptions (including a pick six) and the goal to go fumble. Losing football and NO EXCUSES.

Watch them all fail to be pro qbs like so many of them do

but hey....it IS christmas time and fans love their shiny new toys

How in the world could anyone be missing your posts? That is quite impossible.

I am guess he isnt reading ANY posts

Awww the typical they will fail so keep our tarnished penny arguement

@landof10osu

ESPN tabs Ohio State DB Malik Hooker as the Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year #GoBucks

https://www.landof10.com/big-ten/espn-tabs-ohio-state-db-malik-hooker-as-the-big-ten-defensive-player-of-the-year?utm_campaign=SF_Landof10_OSU&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

Edited by YoloinOhio

I was more disturbed by Hooker's performance. Massively overpursued at least twice that I saw. It is a tendency I have noticed in him before... not sure if he has those top level instincts or if he has got by more to this point on physical talent.

Need to dive deeper into his tape.

I must say, this is a very similar take to how I felt about Kam Chancellor coming out of Tech. He was constantly over-pursuing & out of position, going for the big hit/pick instead of the sure tackle/breakup. I'm certainly not saying they're the same, but take it for what you will.

So does Kirby Jackson :thumbsup:

Amen!

Btw this was the first time i saw Peppers live, but he had a very bad game on Saturday. He had the INT but he is atrocious in man coverage, had no answer for Samuel in coverage (multiple non calls on DPI for those who thought this game was only called a certain way) and JT left him in the dust on his big run. Then Mike Weber blocked him out of the final Samuel TD (easily, since he actually blocked two guys at the same time) and he got clowned by Samuel on the 2nd to last play where he could have brought him down at the 33 (!) and he ended up with the 1st down. I don't know how good of a safety he will be in the NFL. Can't cover elite athletes. Good kick returner though.

He also kicked and spit on the O before the game and punched a fan after the game. Fwiw.

Edited by YoloinOhio

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.