RD 6, Pick 218: CB Kevon Seymour, USC

MattM

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IOW "Gilmore, better get your ass back to OTA's ASAP!"

But seriously, I'd love for him to be another Darby. How great would that be?

I know it's stupid early, but if this kid somehow surprises us with a Darby like performance... do we let Gilmore go elsewhere at the end of the year?

I know it's stupid early, but if this kid somehow surprises us with a Darby like performance... do we let Gilmore go elsewhere at the end of the year?

No because Gilmore will be signed long-term before the season. I think that a Darby performance is a stretch but I could see him playing as well as Robey did as a rookie.

Good question. Maybe you hold off on giving Gilmore that huge extension until later in the season, if ever.

No because Gilmore will be signed long-term before the season. I think that a Darby performance is a stretch but I could see him playing as well as Robey did as a rookie.

I'm looking for more than Robey. But anything out of him will be gravy being that he's a late 6th rounder.

Good question. Maybe you hold off on giving Gilmore that huge extension until later in the season, if ever.

I'm looking for more than Robey. But anything out of him will be gravy being that he's a late 6th rounder.

Robey was good as a rookie. He won the nickel job if I remember correctly. I actually think that he has regressed some. He was an UDFA and that is more along the lines of what we should expect out of a good rookie 6th rounder than Darby. Darby was almost the DROY. I try not to buy-in to Rex's babbling. If he can be a contributor as a rookie (which is sounds like he can through 2 days) that would be a great pick.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Robey was good as a rookie. He won the nickel job if I remember correctly. I actually think that he has regressed some. He was an UDFA and that is more along the lines of what we should expect out of a good rookie 6th rounder than Darby. Darby was almost the DROY.

Robey had a great rookie season. I really wish he held that level of performance since, but he's been a disappointment the past couple seasons. Perhaps with Rex's scheme being fully implemented, and its similarities to Pettine's (in which Robey thrived), we'll see a return to form with Nickell. Is there any chance that Seymour could take Robey's job otherwise?

IOW "Gilmore, better get your ass back to OTA's ASAP!"

But seriously, I'd love for him to be another Darby. How great would that be?

3 lockdown corners with Darby, Gilmore, and Seymour along with a good nickle/dime corner would be a huge advantage but lets see what Seymour can do when it actually counts

let's not get ahead of ourselves. I'd be happy to have quality depth. Hard to believe kid has impact like Darby as a 6th rounder.

Now that his vision has been corrected, he has a shot given the size and speed he's been blessed with.

I'll repeat what I said on page 2... except he might do it sooner.... this kid will take the job at nickel. If they think he can slide out to the boundary too all the better because I am a tad concerned about the depth there behind the first two.

A bigger Robey? Wouldn't it be great to find some gems like this that actually live up to Rex's hype? Boy, it's a long time before we see any football. :(

If Seymour can play anything close to the level of Robey in the slot I'm making that switch. The height difference alone will make a world of difference when he has to help with a tight end or larger receiver. Kevon is 6'0, Robey is only 5'8. I love Robey but how many times have we seen him lose to height even when his coverage is good.

Im not making a diagnosis, I'm taking a guess based on limited information provided by the article. The quote in particular:

That qualifies as moderate visual impairment. Even worse the vision in his right eye was poorer than the vision in his left eye. The optometrist told Seymour that with impaired vision of differing degrees in both eyes that his depth perception would be severely off.
Why he was more comfortable playing left cornerback where he would track passes over his left shoulder with his less impaired left eye, than at right cornerback where his right eye was completely unreliable. Why he couldn’t find the ball in the lights during night games.

If you have a significant difference in prescription between your two eyes as a child, the brain may pick one eye over the other to develop its connections with. This may result in a loss of visual acuity in the weaker eye that can become permanent if not treated properly while you are a child. I.E. No matter what Seymour does to corrrect his vision now, his right eye probably is not capable of 20/20 like his left is, and thus he may still suffer from poor tracking and depth perception to an extent that remains to be seen.

Source: I'm an eye doctor in real life

I agree with assessment

Source: Suffer with that condition "lazy eye" and as a child they tried to make me wear a patch to strengthen weak eye and it was unsuccessful.

Have no real depth perception and use a trick my subconscious mind developed to determine distance changing eye focus back and forth without conscious effort and the brain uses the two images to determine depth,

Bad news for Seymour as he gets older and good eye weakens: because of the poor right eye no surgeon will attempt to use laser surgery on left eye hence I have to use three different pairs of glasses.

@realronalddarby

@KevonSeymour straight baller. Enough said. Comparing him to me must mean we some savages 1f64c.png1f64c.png1f64c.png I'll take it . Rex knows best

cool stuff !

This is all good for sure. Robey has struggled a bit since his very impressive first year.

If Seemoore continues to trend up, what happens to my little buddy Nickell ! Who i really do root for.