RD 6, Pick 218: CB Kevon Seymour, USC

MattM

If Seymour can play anything close to the level of Robey in the slot I'm making that switch. The height difference alone will make a world of difference when he has to help with a tight end or larger receiver. Kevon is 6'0, Robey is only 5'8. I love Robey but how many times have we seen him lose to height even when his coverage is good.

Not even he's 5'7-1/4".

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omg "See-more" :lol:

I do think the secondary is shaping up finally. I believe Rex on some matters.. that Meeks and Duke are working hard. that really would be nice to the draft picks get it dialed in finally. Blanton is getting it.

One of worries was safety honestly. Both Blanton and Graham and A williams can play some CB so that is gravy if Meeks and Duke can step up a couple stairs. last year was tough on Duke

Not even he's 5'7-1/4".

That is on the Coaches to get the matchups correct

please before you call seymour a lock down let him play a few downs. all this is rex sending a message to gilmore and nothing more. reading way too much into this nonsense at this point. he's a 6th round pick that should not have been drafted. he will be lucky to make the team.

rex is the same guy that said we'd be a bully last year and the front 7 of the D went from dominant to incredibly soft.

7-9.

please before you call seymour a lock down let him play a few downs. all this is rex sending a message to gilmore and nothing more. reading way too much into this nonsense at this point. he's a 6th round pick that should not have been drafted. he will be lucky to make the team.

rex is the same guy that said we'd be a bully last year and the front 7 of the D went from dominant to incredibly soft.

7-9.

How is he sending a message to a guy who'll make $11M this season as his best CB that they hope to sign to a long term extension?

7-9.

go play in traffic....seriously

7-9.

Should not have been drafted?

7-9.

LOL -- yes, Rex is "sending a message" to a top-10 CB by commenting on how nice a 6th round pick looks in shorts in May.

Do people think before they type?

He wasn't a better player at SC, I can assure you that. He does have a potentially higher ceiling though.

This is what I am hoping for with the kid

He is more physically imposing......but Robey was a very good player for SC.

I am going to the fighter to defend Robey here.....but yes I do wish he was bigger and taller because if he was I think he is a lockdown corner....he gets beat even when he has perfect coverage. I however LOVE his ability to go after a QB

• 3 weeks later...